How to wipe the TV screen at home 🥝 what to clean from grease in the kitchen, than to wipe the dust
Until the moment when a TV with a liquid crystal screen appeared in the house, many did not even think about how to wipe the LCD screen of the TV at home. As when cleaning a regular old TV, housewives out of habit, armed with a wet rag, erase dust from the screen. Can this be done? After such actions, most people become customers of the service center. This cleaning method will damage the TV’s coating and, in the worst case, break it. In order to avoid this situation, you need to know how to wipe the LCD TV screen at home.to contents ↑
Why is the LCD screen dirty?
LCD broadcasts convey beautiful, vibrant colors and clear images during broadcasting. Therefore, I often want to touch the monitor with my finger, especially for kids.
In addition to such contaminants, dust settles on the TV and splashes from liquids can get. Therefore, you will have to wash it in any case, but you need to know how to wipe the TV screen.
to contents ↑
Important! If it is incorrect to clean the equipment over and over again, then over time the consequences of such cleaning will appear on the surface: scratches, stains and glare. Your new TV show will be no better than the old "Electron".
How to clear the LCD screen of the TV? - Precautionary measures
Before you start wiping the LCD screen of the TV, you need to know what absolutely can not be done so as not to spoil such an expensive equipment:
- If there is no special coating on the screen, cleaning with liquid window cleaners, solvents and products that include chemicals is strictly prohibited. Otherwise, the LCD monitor will fail permanently.
- Turn off the TV before cleaning. To do this, just press the button on the remote. It is necessary to completely disconnect it by pulling the plug from the outlet. Such actions will ensure you safety while washing equipment.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth to remove dirt from the surface of the TV.
- It is strictly forbidden to apply liquid, gel-like cleaning agents and plain water to the surface. This will lead to the appearance of rainbow stains and a fuzzy image.
- Do not spray aerosols directly onto the monitor; moisture may collect under the bottom of the panel or get inside the case. This may cause a short circuit or breakdown.
- When scrubbing, do not scrape, crush, or scratch the surface.
- Equipment with an LED surface should be cleaned with special care, as this coating can be damaged even by finger pressure.
- Do not turn on the TV until the screen is completely dry.
Important! Read the instructions before cleaning the TV. Pay attention to the important points that the manufacturer notes and what he recommends cleaning the LCD screen.
Our articles will also help you evaluate all the advantages of your new panel:
to contents ↑
How to wipe the LCD TV screen? - Basic Rules:
- To remove dirt from a delicate surface in electronics stores, you can purchase wet wipes to care for the LCD TV screen. They are impregnated with a special composition, with the help of which static electricity is easily removed. Wipes do not contain alcohol and abrasive substances, so they are suitable for any type of monitor.
- Dust and dry dirt are removed with a soft, lint-free cloth or cloth. Use cotton, fleece or flannel for this. An ideal option for such purposes would be a cloth for cleaning glasses. When wiping dust, do not wet it so as not to damage the surface.
- A set of dry and wet wipes will effectively clean the surface of dirt. Dust and fingerprints are easier to remove from the surface of the LCD screen if you periodically treat it with antistatic wipes. A wet wipe cleans the surface, while a dry wipe absorbs moisture and eliminates stains.
- Microfiber wipes are used to remove dust. They will help wash the plasma from fat. They also help remove stains and greasy stains. Eliminate other types of dirt without problems using a special tool or water that is applied to the napkin. Napkins made of such a material perfectly absorb moisture and do not leave scratches and scuffs. Therefore, using such an inexpensive tool, you can easily clean the LCD screen of the TV at home as needed.
- Specially designed care products for LCD panels are available in the form of gel, foam and aerosol. They are able to remove contaminants of any complexity and have antistatic properties. Before buying such drugs, make sure that the product does not contain alcohol. You can purchase special tools at an electronics store. Their huge assortment will allow you to make a purchase based on your budget.
Important! The gel, foam or spray must first be applied to a tissue, and then wipe the TV with it.
- Contamination at the joints can be removed with a cotton swab.
- Do not forget about cleaning the case. It should be cleaned every 3-4 weeks. Dust is removed from the body with a soft cloth. More complex pollution - in any of the above ways.
Read the review separately professional cleaning products for LCD TVs.
to contents ↑
How to clean the LCD TV screen at home?
It is possible to clean the liquid crystal surface not only with special devices. There are several methods for cleaning the LCD TV screen at home with improvised means.
Important! Before using such methods, carefully read the instructions for the TV and the warnings of the manufacturer, so as not to spoil the technique.
A safe tool for cleaning the LCD surface is a 3% vinegar solution.
Mode of application:
- Dilute the vinegar with cold water in equal proportions.
- Moisten a soft cloth in the resulting solution and wipe the monitor in a circular motion.
- Wash away any remaining vinegar with a clean, well-wrung cloth.
- After that, wipe the surface to be cleaned dry.
If in addition to dust from the screen it is necessary to remove other impurities, prepare a soap solution to wash the plasma or any other TV.
Mode of application:
- Take toilet or baby soap and dilute a small amount of it in water.
Important! Do not use household soap to remove contaminants. Its increased alkali content can damage the delicate surface of the TV.
- Moisten a soft, lint-free cloth in the resulting solution and wipe the screen. In this case, it is not necessary to make special physical efforts so as not to damage the surface.
- Wash the remaining soap with a well-wrung cloth and wipe the screen dry.
Important! The liquid crystal screen has a very delicate coating, so cleaning should be done carefully, without pressing on it. If you wear jewelry on your hands, it is advisable to remove them before work or wash the TV with gloves.
Fingerprints and dried dirt can be removed with 70% isopropyl alcohol (a means for disinfecting wounds).
Mode of application:
- Dilute 1: 1 isopropyl alcohol in cold water.
Important! It is very important in this case to observe the proportion. To do this, use a measurement, if it is not, then it is better to make the solution less concentrated. Otherwise, corrosion of the screen may occur.
- Wet the cloth in solution.
Important! Make sure that the cloth is squeezed well.
- Wipe the surface with a slightly damp cloth.
- With a clean, damp cloth, walk over the surface again.
- Use a dry cloth to pick up any remaining moisture.
Important! If you want to purchase a panel for the kitchen, the choice will be much easier if you read our article"What to choose a TV in the kitchen?".
to contents ↑
How to wipe the LCD TV is impossible?
LCD panels are very sensitive to chemicals. For their cleaning, the use of products that include the following components is not recommended:
- Ethyl chloride.
- Gasoline, or solvent.
- Abrasive cleaners.
These substances will irreparably ruin the technique.
The following products are also prohibited for processing LCD screens:
- Alcohol and the means in which it is included. This component dissolves a special anti-reflective coating, which is located on the surface of the screen. Subsequently, the monitor becomes covered with small cracks.
- Window, glass and dishwashing detergents. Most of these products contain acetone or alcohol, which negatively affects the screen surface.
- Washing powder and soda. Particles that do not dissolve in water will cause small scratches on the monitor.
- Paper napkins and towels. Often there are poorly processed rough wood particles that scratch the surface of the TV.
- Wet wipes for hands. Such products leave stains on the surface, and the components that make up their composition are harmful to the anti-reflective coating.
to contents ↑
Removing Scratches from the TV
If you find a scratch on the TV you just bought, just return it to the store or exchange it. If a scratch occurs during use, there are simple ways to get rid of this flaw:
- The hardware store sells special kits for removing scratches from the LCD screen. This is the surest way.
- Vaseline will help in solving this problem. Apply a small amount to a cotton swab and cover the scratched area with polishing movements.
- Lacquer against scratches is a special tool that will save your TV from an unpleasant phenomenon. Wipe the screen from dust before use. Apply the product on the scratch and let it dry.
Do not embody all the usual methods of cleaning old tube TVs on modern LCD screens. As you can see, there are simple and easy methods specifically for such delicate surfaces. With basic care tips, your equipment will last for many years.