How to install a hidden camera in the bathroom?
In our century of ubiquitous progress, CCTV cameras are everywhere: in shops, offices, parking lots, in entrances and apartments. The purpose of installing cameras in their own apartment may be different for everyone, so many people are interested in how to install a hidden camera in the bathroom, children's room, bedroom and other rooms. This article is dedicated to this issue.to contents ↑
Why do I need a hidden camera in the house?
If cameras are installed openly in workrooms, supermarkets, parks and other public places, then secretly in houses and apartments. Why? Typically, the reasons are as follows:
- mothers and fathers want to know what their offspring do when their parents leave;
- there is a suspicion that someone living is stealing money;
- there is a need to secretly observe the housekeeper;
- parents want to know if the nanny offends the children;
- spouses want to catch their second half on adultery;
- often men, leading a free lifestyle and often changing partners, install hidden cameras in the bedroom, bathroom, and living room in order to somehow enjoy watching a spicy video of their past dates at leisure;
- sometimes business people, journalists use the “spy” technique in their meetings and negotiations.
How to choose a similar technique?
Before buying such a camera, you need to think a lot and provide for it.
Observation can be permanent or short-term, one-time:
- For the first goal, you need a hidden camera with a power supply, wires and other paraphernalia.
- For the second purpose, a wireless camera powered by a battery is enough.
Will the observation be conducted during the day or also at night? In the second case, the camera should have a minimum photosensitivity and infrared illumination.
Important! If the recording will be constantly, but you do not want to spend camera resources on video of an empty room, then you should think about an additional useful function - a motion sensor. With it, the camera will automatically turn on and record only when someone appears in the room.
Importance of recording quality and transmission speed:
- Hidden cameras can be black and white and color. The second, of course, is more expensive.
- In addition, cameras are divided into analog (cheaper, but the signal after recording should be processed) and digital (recording is better, it can be immediately transmitted to the monitor, there is no need for processing).
Important! Do you need a sound? There are cameras with a microphone and without.
Way of inclusion
The way you turn it on and off may vary:
- If you want to keep a constant record, then the usual button switch is also suitable for you.
- And if you need to quietly turn on the camera, then you need one that can be turned on remotely, for example, using a key fob.
How will you view the recording?
- If you browse online, the camera must have a data transfer function via WI-FI. Then you can watch what is happening in your home even from your phone in real time.
- Hidden cameras without WIFI transmit the image via the hidden cable to the monitor or after recording you connect the camera to a computer or TV and transfer the file to the device via the USB cable.
Camera memory capacity
The camera cannot record indefinitely, so micro-SD is usually used to store files on wireless devices.
Important! If you manage to see what is needed and recording storage is not of particular interest to you, then the camera should have the function of looping video recording, that is, when the memory is full, the earlier recording is automatically deleted.
If you don’t know how to place the hidden camera in a wall outlet or wall, how to install a network client to watch video over the Internet, you will have to turn to specialists in this field and pay for their services, or buy a hidden camera easier.
Once you have decided on the goals and objectives of espionage technology, you can begin to select the appropriate model. On the shelves of shops in your city you are unlikely to find such products, so first of all look among the assortment of online stores. Here you can read the description, instructions, reviews, compare prices, pay and receive a purchase without leaving home.
Important! Before you buy a hidden camera and install it, you need to determine the installation location. Find out which kitchen / dining / living room design it will turn out perfectly to place the desired device, and also select the most suitable for shooting lighting options and suspended ceilings.
to contents ↑
Where to hide the camera?
If a conventional surveillance video camera (dome, modular, cabinet, industrial, etc.) has a size such that it is difficult to disguise, and there is no need to do this, then hidden cameras are usually small and sometimes tiny in size. This makes it possible to easily hide it inside the interior, decor, hide in the wall, outlet and other things that will be difficult to suspect of any other functions, except for direct ones. Each room of the house has its own characteristics and masking capabilities of this equipment. Often used a room, shower, nursery, bedroom, but there are those who put a hidden camera in the bathroom. To effectively hide the small observer, and the camouflaged camera did not bring inconvenience, you should adhere to two basic rules.
Rule number 1
The main rule - you need to focus not on the simplicity of camouflage, but on the viewing area that the camera will capture. For example, it’s quite simple to hide the “spy” in the alarm clock, which stands on the bedside table of the bedroom. But will the camera capture what is happening in the room or remove only one side of the bed? Or you hid the camera in a power outlet, and the outlet is located low above the floor, and besides, it is often used, that is, the view plug is closed from the device, so there will also be an unsuccessful recording.
Important! It is best to place the camera in a door jamb, in a corner under the ceiling (cornice, suspended ceiling, stucco molding), in the dynamics of the TV. Usually from these points the best view of the room opens.
Rule number 2
The second, no less important condition - the place in which you install the hidden camera should be such that people do not need to touch it:
- if it is a household appliance, then stationary installed;
- if a toy, then unnecessary;
- if it’s an outlet, then it’s not working
Cornices, mezzanines, wall clocks are more than a suitable place.
Now consider the specifics of installing such equipment in each room in more detail.to contents ↑
Hall and bedroom
Usually these rooms have a sufficient number of places where you can hide a hidden camera:
- As we said, the best view is from the upper corner zone. Therefore, you can use the eaves, mezzanines, paintings, TV.
- A great place is the hinged bookshelf. Hide the “spy equipment” in the most uninteresting book.
- You can hide the camera in a non-working lamp bulb only if you are sure that no one will need to replace this lamp.
- Large indoor plants are also a popular cache only if you take care of them yourself.
- You can successfully hide the camera in a door jamb or in a wall clock.
- If you want to permanently hide it in the wall, you will have to break the repair a bit.
Important! If you started a major overhaul with installing cameras, we recommend that you find out how to make a bedroom in a small room. For fans of modern style in the interior, ideal to browse bedroom design in a modern style.
to contents ↑
- As in the previous case, the upper corner zone will be the most successful place, so use a curtain rod, suspended ceiling, high corner shelves for this purpose.
- There are always a lot of toys in the children's room, some of which are bored, and no one picks them up. Just in such a toy you can hide the camera and put it on the shelf.
- For the same purpose, you can use collectible cars, robots and other toys that usually gather dust on the shelves of the cabinet in the rank of “untouchables”.
- In addition, in a nursery there is usually a lot of any funny decor - voluminous wall stickers, mobiles on beds, fairies and butterflies soaring under the ceiling. They easily camouflage mini-spies.
to contents ↑
Important! It is worth noting that hidden cameras are available with ready-made “camouflage”. That is, they are already built into household items that are found in every home and do not attract attention. For example, cups, pens, toys, figurines, watches, packs of cigarettes, lighters, medicine boxes, key rings, tie clips, glasses and other items. If you don’t know how to properly equip the room so that there are no questions about the camera, we recommend that you study how to arrange furniture in the nurseryas well as delve into decoration of the walls of the children's room.
The bathroom is the least popular place to install a hidden camera. Anyone who has already installed a hidden camera in the bathroom can confirm that it’s not so easy to figure out where to hide it.
Often here it is installed in addition to those that are already available in other rooms. Although men, for intimate reasons, establish covert surveillance in the bedroom and in the bathroom.
What are the features?
- Bathroom is a place with high humidity.
- The room is small, and there are not so many items.
Important! “Spyware” pens and cups with watches in the bathtub may arouse suspicion. Also, the camera can be located in objects around. The recorder can even be installed in such small things as DIY wall clockas well as other wall applications.
Given the specifics of the room, the camera should be small, waterproof and resistant to high temperatures. Therefore:
- The most convenient way is to buy a ready-made double-sided mirror, where the camera is hidden from the back. It is expensive, but optimal in this situation.
- You can also disrupt the repair a bit and mount the camera in a wall or ceiling.
- For a one-time case, you can hide the camera in a bottle of shampoo or hair mask, but it is unlikely that such an item can remain untouched for a long time.
Important! In order not to ditch the wall to mask the wires, the best option would be a wireless camera with WI-FI. We remind you that the case must be waterproof and must be installed away from the water source. In order not to waste battery resources, it is advisable to install a motion sensor. If you are making repairs by installing a camera, we bring to your attention bathroom decoration.
to contents ↑
Useful recommendations regarding the selection and installation of a hidden camera in the house:
- If you want to establish constant monitoring, then buy a high-quality digital camera complete with a DVR, wires, power supply, motion sensor, hard drive, IR LED, remote control key fob and other attributes. This will ensure a long uninterrupted shooting with high-quality images even at night. But in this case, you need to think in advance where you will hide such a technique and how to mask it. It will be best to entrust this work to specialists.
- If you need to record video sometimes in different rooms, you can purchase a wireless digital hidden camera with WI-FI. In this case, it will be easy for you to hide the espionage equipment in the room, and then quietly pick it up. Moreover, in the “online” mode, you can watch video from a hidden camera on your computer or even a smartphone. Everyone will be able to cope with such a technique without involving specialists.
- If you install hidden cameras in order to protect your home, then do not forget about the peephole of the door with the DVR - it will save you from unexpected “guests”.
Installing a hidden camera is a little contrary to the law, but if there is a need to monitor domestic staff, the nanny of their children, the windy soulmate, then many turn a blind eye to this. Consider the specifics of the room and the observation mode when buying such equipment. You can install an inconspicuous camera in the toilet, bath or shower, but remember responsibility. Secret videos should not fall into the hands of attackers. If you buy a good device and install it correctly, you will find out all the details of household life during your absence. The wife will not worry about unattended children, and you will avoid female hysteria.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones