How to clean leather gloves at home?
Leather gloves are not only warm and practical to wear, they also give a special style to the whole appearance - special solidity and elegance. But, although this material is not easily soiled, pollution of any origin can sometimes appear, when the question arises of how to clean and refresh leather gloves at home. Full washing by hand and, especially, in a washing machine in this case is unacceptable, but several options for easy cleaning of genuine leather still exist. What tools to use and how - you will learn from this article.to contents ↑
Glove cleaning - basic rules
Before cleaning black or white leather gloves at home, do the following:
- Choose the right product based on skin tone.
- Make sure that your accessory is sewn of high-quality leather - otherwise, even after the most gentle home cleaning, the material will scatter before your eyes.
to contents ↑
Important! If you are puzzled by the cleanliness of your gloves, you probably use them often enough. In this case, you will definitely be interested in learning about what and how to wear.leather glovesso that they complement your image.
Cleaning gloves from any skin
The easiest, most gentle way to clean leather gloves is as follows:
- Put the product on your hand. First one, at the end of the treatment - clean the second glove.
- Dampen a soft sponge in a mild soap solution.
- Wipe the surface of the material.
- Rinse off the remaining soap with dirt with warm water, but do not wet the item completely, just wipe it with a clean sponge or a damp cloth.
to contents ↑
Cleaning Dark Gloves
The principle of cleaning gloves from leather in dark shades will be the same - you need to moisten a cotton pad in a cleaning solution and wipe the material until the dirt is completely removed.
For this purpose, the following tools are suitable for you:
- 3 tbsp. l vinegar mixed with 1 liter of warm water;
- ammonia with water in a ratio of 1: 4;
- turpentine and gasoline mixed 1: 2 - for especially difficult spots.
Important! After you have managed to clean your leather gloves at home, be sure to wipe the material with a soft cloth dipped in clean water. This is necessary in order to remove the remnants of cleaning products. Remember to dry it well before putting it on.
to contents ↑
White or fair skin always cleans much more difficult and it requires a very delicate approach. To cope with this task without the help of dry cleaning specialists, proceed as follows:
- Beat 1 egg white in a thick foam.
- Apply the resulting mass over the entire surface of the skin.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off the residue with a damp soft cloth.
Important! If you notice very strong spots of dirt, before you clean the leather gloves with protein, treat all the traces with a fresh onion locally - just cut the vegetable into halves and rub the material with them. Such a simple action will not only help more effectively remove dirt from the material, but also restore its elasticity.
to contents ↑
Colored skin cleaning
To restore the attractiveness of colored leather gloves, you can use 2 methods:
- Bread crumb.It must be kneaded, moistened in water (for lighter shades - in milk), and put the resulting mass of bread on soiled places. After 10-15 minutes, clean with a damp, clean cloth.
- Restorative spray or leather paint. Use this option when it was not possible to get rid of stains, and you really like gloves and you do not plan to buy others at the moment. But, be sure to make sure that the paint is of high quality so as not to spoil the accessory even more, and clearly adhere to the instructions from the manufacturer during the processing of the material.
Cleaning leather gloves inside
If you often wear gloves for several years in a row, and at the end of the season do not clean them, but put them in the same form for storage, then one fine day you will have a question how to clean leather gloves inside, since wearing them will already be unpleasant.
It is not necessary to go for dry cleaning for this purpose, you can try to remove dirt from the lining yourself as follows:
- The ammonia and hydrogen peroxide will be useful to you to clean those leather gloves that are not lined. In this case, simply mix the ingredients in equal proportions, soak a cotton pad in the resulting solution and wipe the entire inner surface. It is more convenient to do this if you turn the product inside out. Finishing stage - cleaning with a regular brush.
- If there is a lining and it is fabric, treat the material with a brush with soapy water. Just try to use as little water as possible and at the end, dry the thing very well.
- The fur lining is cleaned only dry. To do this, apply talcum powder or starch on the pile, rub well and brush over the fur. Repeat the procedure several times until the powder remains white after friction.
to contents ↑
- If you doubt your abilities, and your gloves are expensive - take them to the dry cleaning professionals better to be sure of the result.
- Never dry leather gloves on batteries, heaters, or any other heating device.
- To restore the elasticity and gloss of the material after cleaning by any means, treat the skin with a nourishing hand cream, for shoes of the right color or with simple vegetable oil.
Knowing and regularly following all the rules on how to clean and renew leather gloves, you will definitely extend their service life and you will not have to worry about the need for a new purchase in the next few years. Wear gloves, protect your hands from the cold and look beautiful at the same time!