How to configure the ironing mode?
Each material requires a certain mode of ironing and washing, the use of which brings clothes in proper form and does not damage things. Currently, the modern market is represented by a huge assortment of household appliances, which greatly simplifies the ironing process. The latest irons are equipped with temperature control functions, thanks to which you can choose the appropriate parameters for any fabric. In this article, we will look at how to properly configure the ironing mode.to contents ↑
Any item purchased in the store contains a special label, the badges on which indicate the features of clothing care, recommendations on washing, drying and ironing procedures.
Any hostess should have certain information in order to decrypt these icons without problems:
- Iron. You can iron this product without any restrictions.
- Iron with three dots inside. It is permissible to iron even at temperatures up to 200 ° C. In general, linen and cotton fabrics withstand this temperature.
- Inside the circle is an iron. The maximum temperature at which the fabric can be ironed is 140 ° C. This applies to polyester and polyacrylonitrile fabrics.
- Iron with two points. Temperature indicators correspond to 150 ° C. You can iron viscose, wool, polyester, polyestersilk.
- Single point iron. It is recommended to iron acetate, polyamide, nylon, viscose, capron at a temperature that does not exceed 110 ° C.
- Iron crossed out. It is not recommended to iron and steam steam the product.
- Iron with one dot, and crossed out steam is shown below. Strongly forbidden to steam.
to contents ↑
Important! Failure to comply with the recommendations indicated on the product labels leads to damage and permanent damage to clothing.
Features of heating irons
For every housewife, it is important that the iron possess the following qualities:
- not very heavy, but quite moderate weight;
- the sole should be evenly heated;
- smooth gliding over the fabric.
In addition, an important condition for the operation of the device is that the set ironing mode is evenly maintained on the entire surface of the soleplate. The material of manufacture largely affects such an indicator. To perform this task, manufacturers use:
- cast iron;
Important! It is best to use ceramics, in which, when heated, the maximum temperature falls on the center of the sole, while gradually decreasing to the edge. The temperature difference between the center and the outskirts is only about 10 ° C.
Most modern irons are equipped with a heating element, a temperature regulator, a signal lamp and a steam function. Each of these iron modes has three values - as the minimum, maximum and nominal.to contents ↑
Correct Ironing Technology
Consider how to iron clothes:
- ironing should be done from right to left, while starting should be with a wide part of the clothes towards a narrow area;
- when ironing, it is required to iron along the shared thread along and across the material, otherwise the fabric may stretch unevenly;
- on clothes that are made on an oblique thread, in the same way they drive an iron along a straight thread;
- it is unacceptable to pull the fabric during ironing;
- the clothes should be laid out exactly on the surface of the ironing board, only then ironed;
- first, small details are ironed, such as collars, pockets, sleeves, cuffs, lace, embroideries;
- clothes made of dark fabric are turned on the wrong side before ironing.
Ironing temperature of the main types of fabrics
Each tissue has a certain temperature regime. Consider how to properly set the ironing mode for various types of textiles.
For linen clothes, breathing and heat-conducting properties are characteristic, which, with proper care, can last for a long time. In order for linen clothes to retain their original appearance for a long time, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the following recommendations:
- Before proceeding with the ironing procedure, the product should be turned to the wrong side.
- At what temperature should I iron things from flax? - About 180-200 ° C, which corresponds to three points.
- When ironing, the iron should be intensely pressed.
- Clothing should have sufficient moisture, so it is preferable to process the product immediately after washing, or you can use a spray bottle.
- The ironing process can be carried out with the steam function on.
Important! It should be remembered that this material is very easy to crease, so it is very difficult to achieve the desired result. Especially if the item has dried for a long time after washing.
- If other fibers, such as cotton, are added to the fabric, then the temperature can correspond to about 180 degrees.
- If linen clothes are decorated with decorative elements, then special attention is required to them. Gauze is used to iron patterns and embroideries, in addition, they are ironed only on the wrong side of the product, while direct contact with the sole of the iron is not allowed.
- Very tight clothes should be ironed both on the inside and on the front side, but without fail through gauze.
- If things are starched, then set the temperature, which should be 10–20 ° C lower than the permissible maximum value.
The most popular is clothing made from cotton - a fairly dense material that is perfectly breathable and perfectly absorbs moisture. Cotton products are very difficult to iron. Very often shirts, dresses, bedding and many other products are sewn from it, so you should know the basic rules for ironing.
Basic recommendations on how to properly set the cotton ironing mode:
- Do not completely dry the product. Handle in a wet state, or use a spray bottle.
- To iron cotton clothes, a temperature regime corresponding to 170–180 ° С is used.
- It is necessary to press hard on the ironing device.
- Permissible use of moist air.
- If polyester filaments are present in the cotton, the temperature should be reduced to 110 ° C.
- Clothes without embroidery and drawings can be processed from the outside, the presence of paints or decorative elements requires turning the product on the wrong side.
Clothing made of silk is considered delicate, requiring careful treatment of yourself. Due to its delicate texture, the products dry very quickly. Since the material is very sensitive to external influences, each housewife needs to know certain rules that help iron the silk.
How to properly set the silk ironing mode:
- the temperature regime for ironing silk is set at about 60–80 ° С, which corresponds to one point on the panel of the device;
- the use of steam is strictly prohibited, since stains may appear on the fabric, which will subsequently be difficult to remove;
- when ironing, a thin cloth should be used, but not gauze, the use of which leaves stains on silk;
- at the time of ironing, the device should be driven easily along the fibers, and even better - ironed vertically, otherwise, the silk material can stretch.
Consider how to stroke a silk shirt or dress:
- We hang the product on the shoulders.
- Cover with a thin, slightly damp cloth.
- We set the temperature mode on the iron, which is indicated on the product label. If there is no such information, set “1 point” on the household appliance or on some models of irons set the present “silk” mode.
- With vertical movements, slowly drive the steam, while observing a distance of 4-7 cm from the product.
Important! If you have a chiffon dress or polyester, you must adhere to exactly the same rules when ironing the product.
Wool is a soft, natural material that does not withstand the use of high temperatures. In order not to spoil the clothes made of wool, you should adhere to the following recommendations when setting the ironing mode:
- the temperature regime for ironing corresponds to 100–120 ° С;
- Before proceeding with ironing, the product should be turned to the wrong side;
- instead of continuously conducting the iron, it is preferable to rearrange it from one place to another, with this method you can avoid deformation of the material;
- when ironing, it is necessary to apply additional moisture, for example, use a damp cotton cloth.
Important! Clothing made of wool is very whimsical and does not always tolerate the ironing procedure, so you should carefully study the information on the product label. You can also use vertical steam instead of the ironing process.
In order not to spoil clothes made from viscose, you must adhere to certain rules. How to configure the ironing mode:
- temperature conditions should correspond to 120 ° C;
- when ironing, it is forbidden to moisten clothes, otherwise - difficult stains will remain on the fabric;
- it is possible to process a thing only from the wrong side;
- when ironing, cotton fabric can be used.
Chintz is a light, thin and well-permeable material. For the best ironing effect, pay attention to the following tips:
- it is not recommended to use a temperature above 170 ° C;
- iron the products on the front side;
- when ironing, strongly press on the iron;
- at the time of ironing use additional moisture.
What and when not to iron?
Not all products are ironed:
- Products made of nylon material are not ironed, but simply straightened correctly, or they use shoulders to hang clothes during drying.
- It is not recommended to iron terry bathrobes and towels - thanks to a similar procedure, products lose their softness, and then poorly absorb moisture.
to contents ↑
Important! If a stain appears on the clothes, then before washing the product, the stain should be removed first, since if you iron the stain, then it will be practically impossible to get rid of it later.
How to iron a thing that can not be ironed?
Evening dresses are made of very delicate fabric, which, as reported on the label, cannot be ironed. But sometimes there is an urgent need to iron the product. To do this, try the following tips:
- We cover the soft pillow with a clean cloth, then we lay out the clothes from the delicate fabric, turned on the wrong side and put a damp cloth on top.
- Iron at the lowest temperature, while barely touching the fabric with an iron.
- After that, we straighten the thing and let it dry.
to contents ↑
Important! You can also hang clothes on your shoulders, and in an upright position with an iron, try steaming a delicate product.
How to iron different types of products?
Different types of clothes require different approaches to the ironing process. Consider how to iron things correctly.
Dresses and skirts:
- First of all, the upper part of the dress is ironed, the collar, neckline, shoulders, only then they go on to iron the bottom of the product.
- First, iron across the product, and then along the clothes.
- Using the tip of the iron, the formed folds are straightened.
- All vertical tucks in all women's dresses are ironed to the middle, while the chest tucks are ironed down.
- In order to ensure that there are no traces of seams and darts on the material when ironing, you should first iron the entire dress, then bring the device under the seam allowance and gently smooth the remaining marks on the fabric.
- If the product is sewn from thick material, you need to very carefully iron the bottom of the garment. It should also be controlled that when ironing the fold line of the product, the fabric does not stretch - this requires a little steaming of the binder.
Important! Dresses and skirts in the form of pleats and pleats before washing require a preliminary preparatory procedure. In order for the clothes not to lose their shape, you need to sew the edges of all the folds with large loose stitches, using a thin thread. After washing, the products are dried on the hangers of the hangers, while folding and stretching the folds in the desired direction.
- Jackets and jackets begin to be ironed from the sleeves, while at first they iron their lining - for this action, an additional small plank is used.
- After - round the top from the side to the side iron the top of the jacket, then the collar, back and, in the end, the lining.
- Last of all, smooth the sides.
Important! The jacket is allowed and not smoothed in any way if you hang it over a bowl of steam and allow it to hang.
How to set the ironing mode for trousers? It is recommended to smooth traditional costumes at sufficiently high temperatures through wet gauze so that the material does not shine:
- Pants need to be ironed often enough, because from the sock they quickly lose the line of the front arrow.
- Ironing starts from the inside - from pockets and seams.
- Each trouser leg is ironed separately - from the bottom to the top, firmly pressing the edges with an iron, first from the stepping side, and then from the side seams.
- Then the belt is smoothed from the front and the wrong side.
Important! To keep the arrows longer, rub them inside with soap and iron them from the outside with gauze soaked in vinegar.
The shirt must be evenly moistened, and the iron is perfectly heated so that the ironing process is as effective as possible:
- Ironing begins with a collar, straightening it and ironing it first from the wrong side, and later from the front.
- When ironing the cuffs, it is imperative to unfasten them, smooth them on the ironing board and flatten on both sides.
- Then proceed to the sleeves, using a special small board.
- At the end, smooth the floors of the shirt and back, paying particular attention to buttons and gaps.
How to set the ironing mode for knitwear? Knitted fabric after washing and ironing may lose its own shape, therefore:
- Such clothes are ironed from the wrong side, while it is slightly wet.
- You do not need to actively drive the iron over the product, it is better to just carefully apply it sequentially to the textile.
- It is recommended to place the freshly ironed thing on an ironing board and give it some time to cool and dry.
- If things are carefully dried and folded, smoothing them will become even easier.
- The threads in metal-type fabrics withstand only very little heat and do not tolerate moisture at all - they lose their radiance and become dull.
- It is necessary to be careful with buttons, since touching them with an iron, there is a chance to melt the clasp or completely ruin the thing.
- If shining streaks were noticed when ironing on the fabric, they are moistened with water, and with the help of a dry cloth the ironed area is ironed.
- You can use flavored sprays, which will provide things with a longer freshness.
Now you should not have any problems when ironing any clothes.And if you use a high-quality device, the whole process will be simpler and faster.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones