How to spread the heel on tight shoes?
It is always nice to buy new fashionable shoes or boots and then flaunt them in front of others, especially if they are expensive and branded. But sometimes a new thing can cause real suffering. On your feet after the first day of socks you had corns, corns and the thought of how to spread the heel on stiff shoes and what to do next becomes intrusive.to contents ↑
How to prevent a problem?
- To avoid the problem, choose shoes made of quality material.
- It is better to make a purchase after dinner, and not in the morning, because during the day the legs get tired and swollen, and shoes bought in the morning can be uncomfortable in the future.
- After the purchase, be sure to walk around the room in the new clothes and appreciate its comfort. If the shoe does not fit, you can always return it to the store until the warranty has expired, because if you go out into the new clothes, it will be impossible to return it.
- Check out our extensive and detailed post on how to choose the right shoe size.
to contents ↑
Important! Keep in mind that wearing shoes that presses is not only not comfortable, but also harmful to health: pain in the legs appears, on the heels - corns, corns. Therefore, if nevertheless you did not take these rules into account or the stiff leather on the shoes immediately makes itself felt, but you really like the model, you will have to try to fix the situation with your own hands. You can carry the heel on stiff shoes, but you will have to make some efforts.
What shoes can be stretched and softened?
If you encounter a discomfort problem for shoes or shoes, but you don’t have the opportunity to return an uncomfortable pair to the store, use the recommendations and tips to correct the situation. Of course, stretching shoes for 2 or more sizes is unlikely to succeed, but for a half-sized shoe - completely.
Immediately, we note that only shoes made of natural materials are served in stretching:
Important! Shoes made of fabric, rubber, and other non-natural materials cannot be stretched. Occasionally, the fabric of some materials, which include stretch threads, is only amenable to the procedure. By the way, leather materials also differ among themselves, and these features must be taken into account during any actions with them. Read more about what is the difference between leather, nubuck, suede.
to contents ↑
How to stretch the heel of shoes at home?
Before spreading the heel on hard shoes, identify the problem areas of the shoe. To soften a specific area, use one of the following methods:
- Put a piece of soft cloth on the back of the shoe and gently tap on it with a hammer. The skin will not become so stiff and stop rubbing the heel on the heel.
- Rub the back of the inside with a bar of soap or a candle. This method will reduce friction. But note that the procedure must be repeated several times a day until the shoes are spread.
- It is possible to facilitate the process and spread the heel on stiff shoes even without regular rubbing by various means. To do this: treat the backdrop with kerosene or vodka and walk around the room in shoes, wearing socks.
- Leather shoes and heels can be softened with petroleum jelly or vegetable oil.Natural vegetable oil also helps to get rid of the creak of the sole: drip a little on a clean, dry sole and rub it. The same products are also suitable for artificial skin.
Important! For this method, it is better to use castor oil, as it does not leave a smell, is quickly absorbed and gives the skin elasticity.
to contents ↑
Professional tools for stretching shoes
If none of the above methods suits you, then do not despair, but go to the shoe store and buy a special tool to help cope with rubbing:
- A special foam-stretch or spray-stretch is applied to problem areas of the shoe. After processing, put on your shoes and walk around in them for a while. Repeat the procedure several times.
Advice! If you warm up new shoes from the inside (for example, with a hairdryer), and then spray the inside with a spray-extension and put on the shoes, after putting on a thick toe, and after cooling down repeat the procedure again, even the most uncomfortable shoes will stretch.
- Special soft strips are glued to the shoes from the inside, such means will protect your legs from excessive friction. After some socks, you can remove them - the shoes will no longer rub.
- Special heels - silicone pads that attach to the back in places where shoes cause discomfort. This tool allows you to prevent the appearance of corns.
to contents ↑
Important! If you have not leather, but textile shoes and you want to try to correct the situation, find out also how to carry sneakersso that they are comfortable.
How to stretch shoes in other places?
If the shoes do not just press on the heel, but also presses you in width, then use other methods to expand the shoes. Means depend on the material of which the pair is made.
Means for stretching genuine leather:
- Get a professional product in the form of a spray or foam, which is sold in shoe stores, and can also be purchased from shoe makers. It is necessary to apply the product on problem areas from the inside and outside (treat suede and like leather only from the inside). After the product has absorbed a little, put on your socks and walk around in shoes until they are completely dry. This method will help to make the product much softer in uncomfortable places. Repeat the procedure for several days. To enhance the effect, use a wooden block in the shape and size of the legs. Sprinkle the shoes inside with a spray, insert the block and leave it overnight. The block will allow the product not to deform when dried.
- If you do not have the opportunity to purchase special funds, then use folk. Treat problem areas from the inside with 3% vinegar solution. This will help soften and stretch the skin, and if after the stretching procedure you additionally rub the backdrop with soap or candles, the shoes will not rub the heel.
Important! So that the material does not become stiff again, does not spoil the skin of the legs and shoes or boots are comfortable, comfortable to wear, read about how to wash leather shoes.
Means to make suede more comfortable
Put new shoes on slightly damp socks and walk in it until the socks are dry. Since suede is a very soft and elastic material, the shoes will easily take the shape of your foot.
Important! Do not forget that contact with water is contraindicated in suede, so be careful not to get moisture on the outside of the product.
Tools for patent shoes
Patent shoes will become more comfortable if you use the following posting method:
- Mix 2 parts of alcohol with 1 part of water.
- Dampen heavy socks in this solution.
- Put wet socks on your feet and walk around the room in shoes (2-3 hours until the socks are dry).
to contents ↑
Important! When stretching patent leather shoes, remember that due to the special coating, patent leather becomes fragile and partially loses elasticity.Therefore, careless handling of such shoes can ruin them - patent leather easily crackes, losing its luster and attractiveness.
Of course, each of us wants to have beautiful, fashionable, comfortable shoes and for the sake of a beautiful pair of shoes you can go for various tricks, but still buy only comfortable shoes of the right size and take care of the beauty of your legs.