How to care for white leather shoes 🥝 at home
- When to start caring for white leather shoes?
- How to clean white shoes?
- How to care for white skin with folk remedies?
- How to care for white athletic shoes?
- How to clean suede white shoes?
- How to use polishing for leather shoes?
- How to use air conditioning for white shoes?
- How to clean white leather boots?
- Stock footage
White shoes are a fashion accessory in the wardrobe of any young lady, but it’s difficult to maintain and keep such shoes clean. Suede, nubuck or white patent leather without proper, thorough care will quickly lose its original appearance and turn gray or yellowish. Any scratch and speck on such shoes or boots can be seen immediately, so if there is such a thing in your wardrobe, then you just need to know how to care for white leather shoes in order to keep its perfect appearance for a long time.to contents ↑
When to start caring for white leather shoes?
White skin is very soft, as it was not subjected to additional processing. Any damage, abrasions, black lines left by the soles - either our own or others, the pollution on it is very noticeable. To properly care for white shoes, you must adhere to some rules:
- Immediately when buying light shoes, get all the special care products.
- After the purchase, immediately treat white shoes with wax (leather shoes) or spray (suede products). This treatment will protect it from moisture, and hence from discoloration.
- Do not leave light shoes dirty for long. Clean immediately after wearing.
- Do not store shoes made of white leather next to colored, black, so as not to change color.
- Highlight your sponge and brush for smart shoes:
- For smooth leather products, use a soft cloth.
- Clean the polished white skin with a crepe brush - this will preserve the structure of the material. If there is no such brush, use an eraser.
- Clean the suede special brush for suede.
- Do not apply detergent directly to shoes. Use a cloth or sponge for these purposes; otherwise, the color will change or spots will appear.
- Before washing, pull the laces and remove any other removable parts: wash and dry them separately.
- Use a special polishing cloth or a brush to give shine, so that the color remains bright and snow-white for as long as possible. To make it easier for you to get the desired result, read the step-by-step instructions, how to polish shoes to shine.
- Protect your skin from direct sunlight.
How to clean white shoes?
Before cleaning your white shoes, remove dust and dirt from them with a soft cloth or a special rubber band. Then proceed as follows:
- Moisten a soft brush or foam sponge in a warm solution of washing powder.
- Wipe the shoe inside and out.
- Rinse the solution with warm water.
- Wipe your shoes dry.
- Fill the shoes with paper and air dry them.
Important! Do not use newspapers and magazines to dry, as printing ink can ruin the product.
- After the shoes have dried, treat them with a colorless cream.
- Polish the shoes with a brush or velvet.
Important! In case of severe pollution, use a special substance to remove dirt from the skin - a foamy detergent. Use it in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions on the packaging: rub the product into all cracks and seams with a soft shoe brush, then remove the product along with dirt.
- If there are spots of water on the skin, then smear them with petroleum jelly and leave for 7-8 hours, then remove the excess petroleum jelly from the surface, treat with cream and rub to a shine.
- A white furniture polish will help keep the shoes in good condition. Before applying the polish, clean the shoe from dirt with a detergent, and then spray the polish onto the surface and rub it with a clean cloth.
- To remove stubborn, stubborn stains, use gasoline: pour a small amount of gasoline into the container and add a little magnesia powder there. Dampen a soft cloth in the solution and gently wipe the contaminated surface.
to contents ↑
How to care for white skin with folk remedies?
To keep the shoes snow-white for many years, you can use the old “grandfather” methods. We offer you some recommendations, using which you will provide quality care for white shoes and do not spend a lot of time on it.
Milk and egg
Composition of 0.5 tbsp. milk and one beaten egg white is the most popular tool for cleaning white shoes: whisk raw chicken protein and mix with milk. Using the resulting mixture, clean the surface of the shoe with a soft sponge.
Toothpaste - will help clean white leather shoes: apply a drop of toothpaste to the old toothbrush, rub the product into the surface and remove with a soft cloth dampened with warm water.
Important! It is advisable not to use the powder, as it can contribute to scratches. If he is at hand, then pre-mix it with a small amount of water until a homogeneous paste is obtained. In this case, it will be much easier and safer to take care of white shoes.
Vaseline is a good remedy not only for cleaning, but also for protection. Apply the product with a clean, lint-free cloth to the surface and rub it in a circular motion. Allow the shoe to soak in petroleum jelly for a while, then remove the remaining petroleum jelly with a clean cloth.
Olive or any vegetable oil will make your favorite shoes shine: use a soft cloth to apply a small amount of oil on the surface of the shoe and polish it with a soft cotton cloth.
Important! Before applying the oil, check its effect on an inconspicuous area to make sure that the color does not change.
Use lemon juice to remove stains from the skin:
- Mix lemon juice and potassium bitartrate (tartar) in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Use a soft cloth to rub the paste into the stain.
- If necessary, leave the shoe for a few hours, and then remove the product with a soft cloth.
Vinegar and oil
A mixture of vinegar with linseed oil will help maintain skin elasticity:
- Mix vinegar with linseed oil in a ratio of 1: 2.
- Pour the prepared solution into a jar with a lid.
- Shake the product well.
- Use a soft cloth to apply the solution to the surface of the skin.
- Leave the shoe for 12 hours.
- Polish with a cloth. If it gets wet, take another one.
Baby soap and ammonia
Shoes can be cleaned with warm water with baby soap and a drop of ammonia. After treatment, wipe the surface dry with a swab dipped in glycerin or sunflower oil.
to contents ↑
How to care for white athletic shoes?
Many people prefer to wear white sneakers, so the question of how to care for shoes made of white genuine leather is interesting to many. Here are some simple tips:
- Use dishwashing detergents, shampoos, or liquid soap to clean white sneakers.
- Wash the laces manually or in a washing machine.
- Dip the sneakers into the prepared solution and rinse inside and out.
- Use a toothbrush or sponge to clean the surface of the shoes.
- Rinse with a rinse aid.
- Dry your shoe in the air by filling your shoes with paper to keep fit.
- After drying, insert the laces and apply a special cream for white shoes. To choose a really high-quality product, use our a review of the best shoe creams.
Sneakers can be washed in a washing machine, following these rules:
- Use warm, not hot water.
- Be sure to remove removable parts and laces.
- Use regular detergents and be sure to special bag for washing sneakers.
- Set the delicate mode or use the special function “shoes”.
- After washing, let the sneakers dry naturally.
Important! Do not use heaters or a hairdryer for drying, as the surface of the shoe may crack due to the pressure of hot air.
to contents ↑
How to clean suede white shoes?
White care suede shoes even more demanding due to the delicacy of the material itself. To clean such products, use our tips:
- Remove dirt from shoes with a special suede brush. Move in the direction of the pile, but without making back and forth movements.
- Remove old, stubborn stains with a regular eraser.
Important! Old stains with suede can be removed with the following solution: a teaspoon of ammonia, a small amount of hydrogen peroxide, mix with a glass of warm water. Soak a cotton swab in the solution and clean the stains. After processing, the material should dry. At the end of cleaning, raise the pile with a suede eraser.
- Water stains can discolour suede, so remove them with a nail brush. Then dry the shoe with a dry cloth and leave to dry.
- After cleaning dry suede shoes, apply a special protective suede spray.
Important! When wearing suede products, it is important to choose the right material care products and use them regularly from the first day after purchase. So that you don’t have any difficulties, find out about best professional suede care products.
to contents ↑
How to use polishing for leather shoes?
High-quality leather shoes must be polished at least once a month. Use only white polish or, in extreme cases, a colorless mixture.
There are different types of such tools:
- Wax polishes that do not penetrate the skin, but protect the shoes well from the weather.
- Creams and pastes. Well absorbed into the skin, adding the necessary moisture. Such products are suitable for all types of shiny and smooth skin. Creams and pastes effectively mask scratches and other minor defects.
- Polishing fluids. Easy to apply, but not absorbed into the skin like wax.
Important! Determine which type of product to prefer in order to care for white leather shoes, determine based on the quality of your product and the goal.
Use polishes as follows:
- Clean your shoe from dirt.
- Apply the product on an invisible surface to make sure that the color of the polish is correct.
- Apply to a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Treat the surface of the shoe with the tool, moving carefully in a circular motion.
- After processing, allow the product to dry.
to contents ↑
How to use air conditioning for white shoes?
Conditioning softens the shoe and protects it from drying out and cracks. Therefore, this procedure is an important step in the process of how you will care for white shoes. Follow these guidelines when using an air conditioner:
- Do not use conditioner and detergent in the same product.
- Do not use a synthetic conditioner, as it does not absorb into the material.
- Choose an air conditioner that matches the color of your shoes.
- If there are scratches or other defects, use the conditioner one tone lighter than the shoe.
Use the tool as follows:
- Rub a small amount of conditioner over the cleaned shoes with a clean cloth.
- Air-condition the entire surface of the material.
- Leave the product for a few minutes.
- Wipe the product with a clean cloth.
Important! If you often encounter an unpleasant smell from shoes and feet, but you definitely don’t have a fungus, try using special shoe deodorants.
to contents ↑
How to clean white leather boots?
If you are a happy owner of white boots, then use the above methods, methods and tips to care for the material from which they are sewn. Use products specifically designed for a particular material:
- If the shoes are made of white polished leather, then use a sponge and an eraser that are specially designed for this material to care for it.
- For sanded leather, use a combination brush to preserve the texture of the material.
- Treat crocodile or snake leather boots with special tools and sponges that allow you to care for the relief surface. You cannot clean such shoes with ordinary brushes.
To make white shoes always look dignified and fresh, properly care for them. You will always be smart, elegant, attractive, thanks to white shoes that will set you apart from the crowd.