How to glue sneakers?
The most comfortable and versatile shoes are sneakers. When buying even expensive shoes, the situation is not ruled out that during operation, the sneakers begin to leak, deform, and eventually wear and tear. If they are expensive for you or you have a lot to do with them, then of course it will be a pity to throw away your favorite shoes. Do not worry, in this article we will show you how to glue or sew torn sneakers, because the simplest and most affordable way to repair is to use glue for shoes.to contents ↑
How to choose glue for shoe repair?
What glue to glue sneakers with a mesh if they are torn? To date, effective adhesive compositions for shoes have almost completely replaced traditional fasteners, such as threads and nails. In the production of 80% of modern shoes also use different adhesive compositions.
To tighten the blanks of the upper part, polychloroprene, polyurethane compositions are used in the form of aqueous dispersions of polymers, rubber latexes. The main advantages of such formulations:
- lack of integrity violations of materials joined with glue;
- durability and reliability of adhesive joints;
- elasticity of adhesive joints;
- water resistance, frost resistance;
- the bonding strength is independent of the thickness of the part.
Important! Usually old shoes begin to exude an unpleasant odor. Avoiding this will help you shoe deodorant.
In shoe production, the following types of products are most in demand:
- Nairite glue. It is mainly used for attaching soles and rubber heels, tightening workpieces of the upper part of the product, as well as for attaching elastic toes. Advantages: water resistance, creates a durable seam, glues almost all materials (leather, synthetics, rubber), fast bonding. The disadvantage is that it does not work if you need to fasten the top and the sole of polyurethane. Given these properties, it is perfect for solving the problem of how to glue sneakers.
- Polyurethane. They grease the workpieces and glue the soles. Advantages: fastening strength, hardens quickly, reliably fastens porous surfaces. It glues such materials well: textiles, leather, rubber, synthetics. The most popular shoe shoe is Desmacol.
- Polyvinyl chloride. This composition is used for textile and leather insoles, braid. Advantages: elasticity, well fastens textile layers, leather details, suitable in order to cope with the task of gluing sneakers.
- Rubber glue. This composition is used for bonding insoles and rubber soles. Most suitable for repairing summer shoes. The disadvantage is that it does not provide resistance to moisture and frost;
- Combined adhesive. Used for attaching rubber soles, as well as for covering the edges of the workpiece. Used for construction and adhesive bonding. They are used for sealing joints and welts.
Important! To order a worn pair stretches and sits very freely on the leg, causing discomfort. Find out, what to do if the shoes are big.
Which glue is better?
Experts consider Eva glue to be one of the best adhesive compositions for working with shoes. Advantages of this composition:
- moisture resistance;
- transparency when drying.
The disadvantage is not suitable for working with PVC.
Important! Carefully read the instructions on the packaging of the adhesive to determine what materials and purposes it is intended. If necessary, consult the seller.
If you decide to do your own repair of sneakers, then you need to get a good glue. When buying, read more reviews and recommendations left by previous customers.
The most common brands of glue
The following brands of glue have proven themselves well:
- epoxy adhesive;
- rubber glue;
- "Super glue".
Sneaker Repair Instructions
Before sticking sneakers, wash them and determine the damage. Then:
- Degrease the surfaces to be bonded with alcohol or acetone.
- Dry the surface with a clean cloth.
- Apply shoe repair glue with a layer of 2-3 mm. Depending on the brand, two layers may be required.
- Allow the glue to dry (10 minutes).
- Squeeze the mating surfaces with a load. Use a rubber bandage to wrap shoes.
- Leave glued shoes for a day. Glue hardening period from 3 to 10 hours.
- Remove excess glue.
A defect in a cracked sole or worn out heel of a shoe can be repaired with a piece of thin rubber. In this case, use only extra strong shoe glue.
Important! Perform all repairs in a well-ventilated area.
If high-quality shoe repair is difficult enough to make at home, it is better to contact experienced craftsmen.
to contents ↑
How to store shoe glue?
The remaining adhesive for shoe repair can be stored until the following cases. Stick to some tips:
- Store the adhesive in a dark, cool place, but not in the refrigerator to prevent condensation.
- Keep the tube upright.
- Stick on the tube a sticker with the date of opening, so as not to forget to update on time.
- Wipe the tip of the tube with a lint-free cloth to extend the life of the glue.
- After use, tighten the cap tightly.
- When storing, adhere to temperature conditions, as well as humidity. Optimal conditions - 22-24C, 50-60% humidity.
to contents ↑
Important! Carefully read the storage instructions for your brand of adhesive.
We hope that the tips you receive will help repair your favorite sneakers, and they will serve you in any conditions for a long time to come.
Important! If no repair methods have helped and you need to buy a new pair, find out how to stretch shoes at home - from suede, leather and other materials.