Bologna jacket 🥝 how to sew beautifully and correctly
If suddenly your favorite jacket has torn in a prominent place, and you do not know what to do, check out our article in which we will tell you how to sew a hole in your jacket so that it is not visible. There are several ways to make a hole invisible, most of which are universal. Therefore, you should not be upset because of a torn thing, because the situation is not the worst and most solvable, even without the services of a workshop. Today we will tell you how to repair a torn jacket, depending on the material of the product and the type of hole.to contents ↑
Torn jacket - what to do?
Unfortunately, the quality of the material from which the outerwear is made is not always satisfactory, sometimes even a new jacket may break from an insignificant clue. To fix the situation, you can use simple methods:
- Sew up (tarnish) the gap.
- Stick up.
- Mask with tape or reflective tape.
- Apply a patch.
- Use thermal stickers and applications.
Of course, the choice of repair method depends not only on the material, but also on the location of the gap. Agree, you can use a beautiful sticker only where appropriate, and to sew a Bologna jacket is not very aesthetically pleasing. Next, we will introduce you to various methods of repairing outerwear, depending on the type of damage and tell you how to seal a Bologna jacket at home. And so that the thing does become like a new one, there are a few secrets. For example, you canpaint a bologna jacket at home.to contents ↑
How to seal a hole on the jacket at the seam?
The easiest way to fix it is used if the jacket is torn at the seam. In this case, nothing needs to be invented, since such a hole can be sewn with threads. Moreover, such a gap can be eliminated even without a sewing machine.
The repair process looks quite simple:
- Choose threads matching colors.
- Turn the product inside out and lay it on the table.
- If there is a lining, then spread it out so that it is more convenient to work with the damaged area.
- Thread the needle and carefully sew the hole. Try to sew so that the new stitch becomes a continuation of the old one, and the seam as little as possible differs from the factory one.
- Sew the lining and twist the product.
If you do not want to open the lining, then sew the jacket with a hidden seam. For this:
- Insert the needle from the inside of the fabric (so that the knot on the thread is not visible) and sew the gap from the front side with parallel stitches.
- The distance between the stitches should be the same.
- After the hole is completely sewn, fasten the thread and carefully hide it inside.
Important! Masking a torn seam on a jacket will help with a braid or reflective tape. Sewing braid can be done in different ways. In the process of decor, imagination will help you. Similarly, you can sew a hole under the arm manually with an invisible seam. Don't be afraid to experiment with color and length:
- A well-chosen braid can not only mask a torn seam, but also make the jacket stylish and original.
- And the reflective tape sewn to the place of the defect or along the entire width (length) of the jacket will not only look spectacular, but will also make the product more noticeable in the dark.
Or maybe the gap that has appeared is just an excuse to give things a new life? We offer you some interesting and fashionable ideas:to contents ↑
How to “hide” a gap under a lightning?
If the cut on the trigger is in the place where the zipper is appropriate, then use the following technique: insert the zipper into the damaged area.
Important! For symmetry, you can insert a zipper on the other hand. This option will not only save the thing, but also give it a kind of originality.
To make the torn jacket look like new, use decorative buttons or rivets instead of zippers. To do this, close the slot with a spare piece of cloth (usually sold with a jacket) and punch it with the buttons. The result is a decorative element.
If you have not only one demi-season upper thing in your wardrobe, but also high-quality, but not quite fashionable leather jackets, we will tell youhow to update a leather jacket at home.to contents ↑
Repair of a bologna jacket
Densified artificial fabric - Bologna, made of polymer threads treated with a water-repellent and airtight composition. Bologna jackets provide excellent protection against rain and wet fog, making them perfect for picnics and camping trips.
Important! The rubberized material was invented by the Italian engineer Giulio Natta, and the cloth was named after the Italian city of Bologna, where the inventor lived.
Clothing made of Bologna has long gained popularity among many peoples, as it is indispensable in the wet and cold season. Unfortunately, rubberized fabric is not as high tensile as we would like, therefore, the owners of such clothes often have to decide how to put a patch on the outside of a Bologna trigger, because the material is not so easy to sew. And there may be plenty of reasons for damage to clothes:
- Burn through a cigarette or hot object.
- Cut (with a blade or sharp object).
- Hooks from a sharp object, such as a nail.
Materials for work
In order to repair the jacket from polyester with your own hands, you may need the following materials:
- Glue “Super Moment” or KP-1.
- Acetone or gasoline for degreasing.
- A piece of fabric on a patch that matches the color.
- Polyethylene or non-woven.
- Gauze or soft natural fabric.
A light and comfortable Bologna jacket can be sealed in several ways using the above materials. Let us consider in detail each method for solving the problem.
Method number 1. Repair with a patch of fabric
In order to seal the gap, prepare a piece of fabric and glue suitable in size, texture and color.
Proceed as follows:
- Turn the product inside out and lay it on a flat surface.
- Degrease the gap on the wrong side with acetone or gasoline.
- Apply glue “Super moment” (KP-1) on the patch fabric with a thin layer.
- Connect the edges of the gap gently and evenly.
- Apply a patch.
- Place the repair place under the press for several minutes (according to the instructions of the adhesive used).
- Turn your jacket and evaluate the result of work. If tear marks are visible on the front side, then disguise them with an embroidered applique, which is sold in sewing and needlework stores.
Important! If a sports jacket is torn, then the gap can be sealed with thematic inscriptions or pictures. You can also impose an internal seam and thus sew a torn place on the jacket.
Method number 2. We use polyethylene or non-woven
To seal a jacket made of polyester, prepare: a special tape of dry glue (non-woven), a piece of fabric, suitable in color, iron and gauze.
Important! Instead of non-woven, you can use regular cellophane.
- Turn out the product and lay it on the table.
- Spread the lining to get to the cut.
- Cut a piece of polyethylene or non-woven in size slightly smaller than the patch.
- Carefully connect the edges of the gap.
- Attach polyethylene (non-woven) from the inside and carefully level it.
- On a non-woven fabric (cellophane) on top, apply a patch of fabric.
- Iron the junction with an iron using gauze or a soft cloth. The polyethylene will melt and securely fix the patch.
- Turn the product and admire the result.
Of course, a line can be visible on the line of discontinuity, but this is not scary, because only you will know about it, and for others the line will not be visible.
Burn hole repair
Regardless of the cause of the burn, the hole must be eliminated. The problem can be solved in several ways, depending on the size and style of the product, as well as on the volume of the gap. Here are some solutions to the problem:
- If there are various rivets, embroideries or patterns on the clothes, then wash additional accessories corresponding to the style of clothing on the problem area.
- If a whole hole appears on the surface of the product, then mask it with patches on both sides (front and back) and a patch that is suitable in color, shape and style. First, glue one piece of fabric from the wrong side, and cut a second piece of fabric a little more holes. Glue the patch on the front side. Mask the patch with a patch or applique. For symmetry, you can make a patch in another place of clothing.
- If a hole is on the front of the garment, then mask it with a patch pocket.
- Mask the hole on the sleeve, chest or pocket with applique, thermal sticker or embroidery.
to contents ↑
Important! For children, choose bright patches with animated characters, logos of sports teams or cars. For men, choose decorative elements in a simple and restrained style. Perfect for men's jackets patches made of leather.
As you can see, there are many ways to “give a second life” to your favorite jacket. Use the option you like and wear the irreplaceable thing for a long time and with pleasure. Good luck!