Clothing Care Symbols
Everyone enjoys buying new things and hopes that they will last as long as possible. But only a few in the store pay attention to the marking - symbols of clothing care, which is carried out by almost all manufacturers. Someone saves time, and some even prefer not to notice the marks on the labels of textiles. But the time will come when you still have to think about the right washing mode so that the thing does not lose its shape and color. In this article, we will tell you what the various symbols on clothing labels mean and how to interpret them correctly.to contents ↑
Why do we need symbols?
Over time, every thing ceases to be new and loses not only its original appearance, but also its shade. If you follow the manufacturer's instructions and adhere to the recommendations for care, then your favorite blouse or skirt is not in danger. Your things will always look new and attractive.
Symbols for the care of textiles will tell you how to wash, iron and dry your favorite thing, so that it does not lose its original color and lasts for a long time.
to contents ↑
Important! Marking the signs on the label tells not only about the rules for caring for the product, but also about the materials from which the clothes are made. Knowing this information is important for proper washing, ironing and understanding if you need this thing at all.
All designations are applied according to the state standard approved back in 1971 and must have a size of at least 8 mm. The character paint should contrast with the overall background of the label. These requirements are designed to ensure their readability and full understanding.
The meaning of product care symbols
According to the standard, on the clothing label we can find five signs, each of which tells the rules of care in a certain direction: washing, bleaching, ironing, dry cleaning and drying.
So that your thing does not lose its attractive appearance, you must be able to read the recommendations regarding the various stages of symbols for caring for a textile product.
The first designation is the washing parameters
Each person should know that the number on the sign is an indicator of the water temperature for optimal cleaning of the product without the threat of deformation and color loss.
Important! Depending on the chemical characteristics of the material, the washing parameters will also differ. Some fabrics can be machine washed without problems, and certain things need to be washed only by hand.
Standard washing symbols are as follows:
- The image of the container, which is filled with water, which does not contain any additional instructions, indicates the possibility of washing - both with the help of a washing machine, and hand washing.
- If under the symbol for the care of the product there is one dash, then this thing needs delicate wash. Spin should be done only at a slow pace of the centrifuge, and it is better to generally gently squeeze the wardrobe item manually.
- If under the designation you saw two horizontal stripes, then the product needs a particularly delicate wash. It is necessary to minimize the torque of the machine and spin is best done very carefully. Sometimes it’s generally better to abandon this process and just hang the product so that the glass water.
- If the icon depicts a container of water and a hand in it, then the wardrobe item lends itself only to hand washing.
Important! It is easy to guess that if the depicted container is crossed out, it is impossible to wash such clothes, and violations of the rules of care can lead to deformation of the form or loss of basic properties.
Remember that the quality of washing depends not only on the right mode, but also on the means. To understand the full diversity of current household chemicals and to use really safe, effective detergents, use our collections. All of them are based on expert opinions, analysis of the composition and user feedback:
- Hypoallergenic washing powder.
- The best phosphate-free powder.
- Laundry Capsules.
- Liquid powder.
- The best fabric softener.
The second designation is whitening parameters.
Wearing a just-bought white T-shirt, we hope that it stays fresh and snow-white for a long time. But over time, any white fabric acquires a grayish or yellowish tint, and not every material lends itself to bleaching.
To figure out which bleaching agent is right for you, pay attention to the clothing care symbols:
- A triangle containing the chemical formula of chlorine inside, says that the product is unpretentious and perfectly tolerates bleaching using a chlorine-releasing substance.
- If the same symbol is crossed out, then bleaching with cleaning products that contain chlorine is unacceptable and can lead to damage to the material or coloring of the product. In this case, it is better to use oxygen analogues or more delicate folk remedies.
Important! There are a lot of types and brands of such detergents today. And not every one of them is of good quality. If you do not want to spend money on funds that not only can not cope with their task, but can also damage clothes, then choose one of the items proposed in our articles:
The third designation is ironing options.
Not every fabric needs to be ironed, and some products are very fusible and with the help of harmless ironing can be hopelessly spoiled.
The following clothing care symbols will help you understand whether to iron the product and how to do it correctly:
- If you see a crossed out iron, then the delicate fabric from which your blouse is sewn cannot be ironed, since it does not tolerate thermal effects.
- A regular ironing device will inform you that there is no danger of spoiling things under the influence of temperature, and therefore you can calmly iron the thing.
Important! Additional information about the temperature of the iron can be found on the ironing symbol:
- If you see three points, then heating the bottom plate is permissible to high temperatures up to 200 degrees.
- Two points will tell you that the heating of the ironing surface should not exceed 150 degrees.
- At one point, the maximum allowable temperature during thermal exposure to the material is 110 degrees.
To iron your trousers, skirts, jackets, linens and things of newborns to give you a minimum of trouble and not be time-consuming, leave it in your bookmarks ironing rules for different things.
Fourth designation - dry cleaning parameters
Dry cleaning mainly require coarse items made of camouflage fabric and other materials that are used for sewing military uniforms. Therefore, we can meet many of the designations on specialized products of men's wardrobe. On delicate women's t-shirts, blouses and pants, in most cases you will see a dry cleaning sign in the form of a clean or crossed out circle.
The meaning of such symbols for the care of textiles:
- The usual circle, without further clarification, indicates the possibility of dry cleaning using solvents.
- A crossed out circle indicates that cleaning the product using chemicals is prohibited.
Important! The location inside the dry cleaning icon of the letter “A” indicates the possibility of chemical exposure with any organic solvents, and the letter “F” will tell us about the permissible use of gasoline or trifluorotrichloroethylene when cleaning.
The fifth and last sign is the designation of drying
Dry each material in compliance with certain rules and tips. So some things can not be squeezed, but should simply be laid out on a horizontal surface to dry (indicated by a square with a horizontal strip inside).
Other fabrics, without twisting, should be dried in a vertically suspended position. You will see this indication in the form of a square with three vertical stripes inside.
If a circle is shown inside the square, then you can safely dry your chosen item in a drum dryer.to contents ↑
We tried to maximize the meaning of the symbols of care for textiles and sincerely hope that your things will always be impeccable and bring you only a good mood.