How to remove the smell of sweat from clothes
- How to prevent sweat smelling on clothes?
- How to wash things with the smell of sweat?
- How to remove the smell of sweat from clothes?
- How to get rid of the smell on clothes without using water?
- How to get rid of the musty smell of clothes?
- How to rid things of the smell of sweat using household chemicals?
- Stock footage
Everyone sweats, and this is a natural reaction of the body to all kinds of factors, but the inconvenience is that sweat leaves an unpleasant smell on clothes, greasy stains, changes the color of the fabric. How to remove the smell of sweat from clothes if normal washing did not help? To cope with the problem, check out this article - in it we will give a number of effective recommendations on how to rid things of the smell of sweat.to contents ↑
How to prevent sweat smelling on clothes?
In order to avoid the appearance of ugly sweat stains on clothes, as well as the deep penetration of sweat into the material, take care of prevention in advance. This will significantly reduce the likelihood of inconvenience.
The rules are simple and are as follows:
- Pay attention to personal hygiene: timely showering, the use of deodorants, antiperspirants, even if it is cool outside.
Important! To avoid problems with smell and stains on clothes, read about how to choose really high-quality protective cosmetics:
- Sometimes profuse sweat is a signal that there are some health problems in the body: hormonal failure, illness, stress. Pay close attention to your body's reaction, such as excessive sweating, and consult your doctor.
Important! To understand the reasons a little on your own, use our information reviewcauses and methods of eliminating excessive sweating.
- The amount and smell of sweat is greatly influenced by what you eat. Modern food does not contribute to normal digestion - the presence of a large amount of chemistry, food additives, unhealthy fats, all this affects your appearance. Try to eat natural products, vegetables, fruits.
Important! Keep in mind that a specific smell of sweat may also indicate certain health problems. We described them in detail in the articles:
- Wear clothing made from natural fabrics - it contributes to the normal heat transfer of the body.
- Change clothing regularly; do not wear until stubborn stains form.
- Make it a rule to put on a thin T-shirt or T-shirt for warm clothes, since frequent washing of sweaters and jackets is undesirable.
- Wash the smelling thing immediately. The longer the sweat stays on the fabric, the stronger it will fit into it.
to contents ↑
Important! If you take care of yourself and properly care for your wardrobe items, the aroma will not be so intense and when it appears you can easily remove the smell of sweat from things.
How to wash things with the smell of sweat?
Before you remove the smell of sweat on clothing to maintain its integrity and color, consider the following tips:
- Do not mix sweat-smelling underwear with other things - an unpleasant smell can pass onto them.
- Before removing the smell of sweat from clothes by drastic measures, read the information on the label for the care of this type of fabric: washing methods, possible products.To understand all the nuances you will help our decoding of characters on clothes. With this approach, you will definitely not violate the structure of the material and color.
- Practice pre-soaking - the smell of sweat on your clothes will go away much faster, and the yellow spots will disappear completely without a trace. Soak the contaminated item in a bowl of warm water for 40 minutes, only then wash it with the rest of the laundry. If you plan to use an automatic machine, select the mode "Prewash".
- Be sure to test any tool you choose on an inconspicuous part of the product.
- Do not use the strongest products at once - use them in increasing order, without mixing and alternating with rinsing with clean water.
- It will be easier to remove the smell of sweat if you increase the amount of powder.
- Set the maximum washing time according to the type of fabric.
- Do not leave the solution longer than the specified time, be sure to rinse it with plenty of water.
- Do not neglect repeated rinsing.
- Use fabric softeners.
- Dry your clothes in a well-ventilated area, and best of all in the fresh air.
How to remove the smell of sweat from clothes?
If you still need to save the thing, we offer several options for inexpensive funds that can be in the arsenal of any hostess.
Important! After each use of any product, rinse the product thoroughly under running water.
The smell of sweat from linen, silk and wool is excreted in an aqueous solution of sodium chloride:
- Dilute in 1 tbsp. water 1 tbsp salt (for wool, double the salt dose).
- Soak a problem spot in the solution.
- Rub a little.
- Leave for a while for exposure.
In the above solution, add 1 tsp. ammonia and do the same procedure.
For the best effect, make the following mixture:
- Mix 3 tbsp. ammonia, 4 tbsp water and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Dampen a clean, white cotton rag in the solution.
- Gently wipe the problem areas.
Vinegar and Citric Acid
Vinegar and citric acid (lemon juice) will be your reliable help in solving the problem of how to get rid of the unpleasant smell of sweat on clothes.
Important! If the smell is not very sharp, and the sweat does not have time to penetrate deep into the structure of the tissue, wipe the problem area with a slice of lemon, and then rinse thoroughly.
Citric acid will cope with more severe pollution:
- At 1 tbsp. water add 1 tsp. acids.
- Soak the contaminated area in the solution.
- Rinse off.
Food grade vinegar of any concentration is also suitable for removing sweat from clothing. For this:
- Sprinkle vinegar onto a stain - it is convenient to do this from a small spray bottle.
- Rub it into the cloth.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- If the smell persists, repeat the procedure.
Important! If you wash the product by machine wash, in addition to powder, add 1 tbsp. vinegar and 0.5 tbsp. soda. Do not use this option often, as acid can corrode the rubber parts in the drum of the machine.
Potassium permanganate and boric acid
Both of these products not only neutralize various odors and remove impurities, but also disinfect them. This is very good, since no harmful microorganisms will multiply on your things in pleasant conditions of sweat for them.
If there is potassium permanganate at hand - proceed as follows:
- Dilute a pinch of powder in 1 liter of water.
- Take a napkin and soak in solution.
- Treat contaminated areas for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash the product in a convenient way.
Boric acid is used as follows:
- In 2 l of water add 100 g of boric acid.
- Immerse the soiled thing in the resulting solution.
- Leave on for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash with household chemicals.
How to get rid of the smell on clothes without using water?
If you need to remove the smell of sweat from your clothes urgently, and you find yourself in conditions where it is not convenient to use water or it simply is not there, take note of this way to neutralize trouble:
- Baking soda will help you “wash” the thing dry:
- Pour soda onto the problem areas with a thick layer.
- Rub gently.
- Leave for 24 hours, if the spots are small - it will take much less time, up to only a few minutes.
- Brush off.
How to get rid of the musty smell of clothes?
The easiest and most affordable method is old newspapers and paper. It is often used for the reason that the paper perfectly absorbs moisture and the smell of sweat from outerwear. That is, you can use this method for 2 purposes:
- to remove sweat from clothes;
- to prevent the appearance and remove the musty smell on things.
Proceed as follows:
- Fasten the product with a zipper or buttons.
- Roll newspapers into small balls and stuff clothes with them.
- Leave for a few days.
to contents ↑
Important! To prevent this kind of problem, read about how to store things.
How to rid things of the smell of sweat using household chemicals?
If you don’t really trust folk remedies, and the problem of how and how to remove the unpleasant smell of sweat from clothes is very relevant for you, use modern household chemicals. Many of them are made on a natural basis, so they will not do any harm to you or things.
This is perhaps the cheapest and most affordable tool. The principle of its use in almost all cases of washing and removing stains is the same:
- Wet your clothes in water.
- Lather scented sweat, rub.
- After 15-30 minutes wash the product and dry.
Perfectly obesity sweat stain and give things a pleasant smell. This method is great for delicate fabrics:
- Apply a small amount directly to sweat stains, dampening the cloth first.
- Rub a little.
- Rinse under running water.
- Dry the thing.
Important! If most of the item is soaked later, dissolve a suitable amount in warm water until a slightly concentrated and foamy solution forms, soak the item and wash a little later - after 1-2 hours.
Oxygen stain removers
Add such concentrates to the washing machine when washing colored items. For white clothing, you can use products that contain chlorine.
to contents ↑
Important! Nowadays, the chemical industry is replete with special anti-stain agents that can be purchased at any hardware store. Such drugs even cope with very strong and caustic contaminants, effectively destroy the smell of sweat, acting at the molecular level, and destroy the formation of pathogens. Therefore, if the problem, than removing the smell of sweat from clothes, has become very frequent for you, give preference to such detergents.
Now you know all the ways to remove sweat from your clothes. Surely you have already seen that there is nothing complicated in their application. Use our useful tips if necessary and you will always look beautiful and feel comfortable in any situation!
- Which is better to choose a deodorant?
- Non-leaving deodorant
- Strong sweating in men 🥝 how to fight
- How to get rid of the smell of sweat under the arms 🥝 in women and men
- Folk remedies 🥝 from profuse sweating, odor deodorants
- Badges on clothes - how to wash?
- Prewash - what is it?
- How to store clothes?