White shoelaces 🥝 how to wash
For some, this will seem very funny, but many sportswear lovers wonder: how to remove the laces? And even more often: how to bleach laces and sneakers? Of course, you can buy new ones, but, for example, they will cost far to cheap designer models, and you don’t really want to change to ordinary ones, since the whole appearance will be spoiled. Given these factors, several solutions were found for such a problem, and you will learn about them from this article.to contents ↑
How to remove laces and sneakers?
How to wash and process shoelaces at home? To quickly cope with this task and get a really high-quality result with a dazzling whiteness of shoes and accessories, use one of the following cleaning products:
- special gel for shoe polish;
- lemon acid;
- chlorine bleach;
- toothpaste or powder;
- laundry soap;
- hydrogen peroxide.
- washing machine;
- cotton pads or soft clean rags;
- unnecessary toothbrush;
- small construction tweezers.
to contents ↑
Important! Even if you have a need to clean not only the laces, but also the sneakers themselves, they must be washed separately. Therefore, the first thing you have to do is to separate them and it is advisable to remove the insoles. In this case, you can easily and quickly clean even the most inaccessible areas on the shoes. Before thoroughly cleaning sports shoes, be sure to wash them beforehand from dirt and remove any stones stuck in the sole with tweezers and a brush.
How to remove the laces?
Even with such a simple, at first glance, task as washing white shoelaces, there are several ways to handle it.
A rather laborious procedure if your accessories are very dirty, but still effective:
- Wet the shoelaces.
- Soap them well with laundry or bleaching soap.
- Rub and then rinse.
- Repeat the process completely until you get the desired result.
Important! If you often wash your shoes, and often do not have enough time for this, find out how effective it will be electric shoe shine.
- Take a small bowl.
- Pour in it a chlorine-containing detergent, for example, a Vanish stain remover or White.
- Add a little water and mix well.
- Put the laces in the solution and leave overnight.
- Remove and wash with soap in the morning.
- Dry it.
Important! Comet Cleaning Gel is also great for this purpose. The whitening effect is simply amazing.
- Apply whitening toothpaste along the entire length of the laces - it is convenient to do this with a toothbrush that is unnecessary.
- Set aside in a separate place and leave until the paste dries.
- Insert back into sneakers or pre-wash and dry, then use. Decide what is best to do simply - try to touch, if they are not sticky, then washing is not necessary.
- Pour water into a small saucepan.
- Add bleach.
- Put the laces in the solution and bring to a boil.
- Leave the pot with bleach and laces on low heat for 30-60 minutes.
- Take out the laces and rinse them under running water.
to contents ↑
Important! Make sure that the liquid does not boil away and does not “run away” - otherwise this method is very simple and effective.
How to wash white sneakers?
Returning the original whiteness of sneakers is also not a problem.We offer you several solutions.
This method is the easiest if you have a washing machine. In this case, proceed as follows:
- Remove insoles and laces from shoes.
- Put all items in a special laundry bag. If there is none, load only sneakers and insoles into the drum. Wash the laces by hand.
- Put the bag in the washing machine.
- Pour the active powder into the other compartment with bleach or 1 cup of soda.
- Set the mode for washing shoes or a quick wash, but without spin.
- At the end of the process, remove all the details and put the sneakers and insoles to dry on the balcony or hang clothespins on the linen thread.
- Apply a small amount to separate areas.
- Rub with a brush until you get the desired result.
- Rinse off any remaining product with a damp cloth.
- Put the sneakers to dry.
Important! To make it easier to wear your favorite shoes, you can change its design over time. Our tips from the article will help you with this. "How to decorate sneakers?".
Sneakers can be bleached with bleach or stain remover for clothes. In this case, proceed as follows:
- Pour the product into the basin.
- Add hot water in the proportion specified by the manufacturer.
- Stir and put sneakers in the solution.
- Leave for a period of 30 minutes to 2 hours - depending on the degree of contamination.
- Remove and rinse well under running clean water while wiping with a cloth or brush.
- Dry sneakers on linen in the bathroom, on the balcony or in the open air.
Important! If you do not have sneakers, but sports shoes made of natural or artificial leather material, then there are some high-quality washing shoes.
For this method, also take any bleach, but do not soak, but do this:
- Prepare a convenient place to clean your shoes - this process will take a lot of time.
- Wet cotton swabs, a brush, or a rag in the bleach and rub the material of the sneakers into small sections.
- Rinse the detergent well with clean water and dry your shoes.
Important! In this case, be sure to wear gloves so as not to damage the skin of the hands.
Toothpaste is great for whitening different materials. For sports shoes, it is also used. To wash sneakers well from dirt and gray deposits in this way, follow these steps:
- Dissolve the tooth powder with a little water or take a ready-made toothpaste with a whitening effect.
- Brush the mixture and apply over the entire surface.
- Leave on for 30 minutes.
- Brush the entire surface of the sneakers.
- Rinse well with water as soon as you make sure that the sneakers shine again with white.
- Dry your shoes outdoors.
Important! To further enhance the cleansing effect, add lemon juice to a paste or a mixture of powder with water - a few drops are enough.
The strongest cleaning product for white sneakers contains vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, lemon juice, and laundry detergent. If you have all the ingredients, proceed with cleaning:
- Mix all the components in equal proportions (with the exception of washing powder - 1 tablespoon is needed) until a homogeneous paste-like mass.
- Sponge or brush the material of the sneakers with this mixture.
- Leave on for 5-7 minutes.
- Wipe with a paper towel.
- Rinse your shoes well under running water.
- Dry the sneakers before use.
to contents ↑
Important! This mixture is very caustic, so be sure to bleach gloves with gloves.
- Do not forget that the sneakers are dirty not only on the outside, but also on the inside - all means are applied to the inner surface, too, if the shoes are not soaked.
- Do not use oily products such as kerosene and gasoline for cleaning - they can completely damage the fabric.
- After each wear, wipe the sneakers with a damp cloth, so that less dirt is eaten into the material.
- Remove black stripes on the skin with a regular stationery eraser.
- Do not speed up the drying process with a hairdryer or in any other way - this can damage the fabric or skin.
Now you know how to quickly wash the laces and bleach sneakers, so there is no need to buy new shoes or give them dry cleaning. Take care of the sneakers correctly and you will have to spend less time cleaning them thoroughly!