How to remove iodine from clothes 🥝 is it possible to remove from bedding, than to remove from jeans and household things
Iodine is a very useful medical product, it is used for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases, as well as for the treatment of wounds and cuts. In contact with the drug, we often get our hands, surfaces or clothes dirty, how to wash iodine in this case? Iodine, like zelenka, belongs to the category of stubborn stains and is difficult to wash, especially with bedding. But even if your item is very dirty with a tool, do not rush to throw it away, remove or wash the stain! In this article we will give several effective ways to remove iodine from clothes at home using folk and modern means.to contents ↑
How to remove iodine from clothes?
To remove iodine stains, you will need the following remedies:
- laundry soap;
- dishwashing detergent;
- starch, fresh potatoes;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- alcohol-containing substances: vodka, cologne;
- denatured alcohol;
- acetone, nail polish remover ;;
- Mole - pipe cleaner;
- sodium hyposulfite;
- Vanish stain remover;
Where to begin?
- Always work on soiled areas from the wrong side of the product.
- Wash away contamination from the edges to the middle to prevent it from spreading.
- Using the recommended product or solution, test it on an inconspicuous place of the product: the inner seam, the spare patch.
- When removing stains, start with more gentle means.
- If you are treating with a strong chemical, alternate the process with rinsing the product in clean water.
- To prevent the stain from being printed on the surface during processing, pull the contaminated area of the fabric onto a jar or cup.
- If the product is lined, support it and place a small board covered with a clean white cloth.
How to quickly remove iodine?
It is easiest to remove iodine stains if they are fresh.
The simplest option is a laundry soap, which is always at hand in any home:
- Rinse off most of the dirt under running water.
- Lather with household soap.
- Leave for a while.
- Wash in a washing machine with added active powder.
Important! When final washing things, be sure to consider the features of caring for a particular fabric. To do this, use our detailed instructions for all the most popular species outlined in the article.“How to wash clothes from different materials?”.
Use concentrated dishwashing detergent:
- Abundantly gel over the stained area.
- Leave on for 2-3 hours.
- Rub until foam.
- Rinse off any remaining chemistry.
- Repeat if the traces are not completely removed.
Important! Find out if you are really using a quality and safe dishwashing detergent daily.
View interesting information from our review "Dishwashing liquid".
Use milk to naturally discolor iodine:
- Soak a cotton swab in milk.
- Apply it for 10-20 minutes.
- Wash with household soap.
- If iodine is not completely removed from the fabric, machine wash with a stain remover.
In the removal of such complex pollution, potato starch will help you:
- Presoak the stained area in plain water.
- Sprinkle generously with starch.
- Using an old toothbrush, gently rub the pulp.
- When the reagent becomes bluish, wash in cold water.
If there is no starch at hand, use fresh potatoes:
- Cut the tuber in half.
- Rub the contamination with halves on both sides until a reaction occurs.
- Wash in cool water.
Use medical alcohol or alcohol-containing substances:
- Wet cotton wool in alcohol.
- Rub the pollution.
- Wash with detergent.
to contents ↑
Important! To remove iodine from colored fabrics, use only denatured alcohol.
How else can iodine be removed from clothes?
The following methods are suitable if you did not see the time for the appearance of spots from iodine and they are quite old.
Use soda and vinegar this way:
- Sprinkle soda on the problem area.
- Pour vinegar.
- Leave for 3-4 hours.
- Brush off the resulting crust.
Important! This method is not suitable for acetate, triacetate and nylon fabrics. Acid can damage the fabric structure.
- Make an alcohol solution in a proportion of 1 tbsp. for 1 glass of water.
- Dip a cotton swab in this liquid.
- Gently, in circular movements, wash off the traces until they disappear completely.
- Change the swab as it gets dirty.
- Repeat the procedure if necessary.
Important! For other ways and purposes of using this universal and inexpensive cleaner, read our following publications:
Hydrogen peroxide will help you remove iodine from clothes:
- Pour a little of this medical solution of any concentration onto the stain.
- Wait until it is discolored.
- Wash with laundry soap.
Important! Carefully use peroxide on colored and chemical fabrics - peroxide is an excellent bleach, so the pattern of the canvas may change.
Remove the old iodine stain with acetone or nail polish remover:
- Dampen a clean, white cotton cloth with solvent.
- Rub the problem areas.
- Rinse the cleaned place under running cool water.
- Wash with aromatic additives.
- Dry in a well-ventilated place.
To save your favorite thing, you will need a chemical reagent for fixing photos - sodium hyposulfite. It can be purchased at a specialized photo store. If you already have one, proceed as follows:
- Dilute a small amount of the chemical in a glass of cold water.
- Treat the area until the yellow marks are completely removed.
- Rinse under running water.
- Wash using a highly active powder.
To discolor the stained iodine stain, use the Mole Pipe Cleaner. Use it as follows:
- Dilute ½ tsp. funds in a glass of water.
- Pipette the solution onto the iodine trace.
- Wait for a reaction to occur.
- Rinse immediately with cool water to avoid warping the fabric.
- Machine wash.
Important! This method is not suitable for delicate and colored fabrics.
A universal tool for removing iodine from things is the Vanish Oxi Action stain remover. Before use, be sure to read the instructions, since an appropriate dose of the product is recommended for a certain type of dirt and tissue. Then wash the iodine according to this scheme:
- Presoak contamination.
- Apply at specified time for exposure.
- Machine wash with Vanish Oxi Action.
to contents ↑
Important! Depending on the situation, you may also need information on how to remove stains from this medical solution from other materials:
- Do not wait for the iodine to enter the tissue, remove this medication as soon as possible.
- If you clean the product with highly odorous chemicals, be sure to ventilate the room.
- Wear rubber gloves when using iodine to avoid contamination of excess skin.
- Close the medicine vial tightly.
- Keep the substance away from the wardrobe.
Now you know all the possible methods for quickly removing iodine from clothes, so even if such a problem arises, it will not become very difficult for you. Take the most convenient option for yourself, and check its effectiveness as soon as such a nuisance occurs.
- Vanish stain remover
- How to wash clothes from different fabrics?
- Dishwashing liquid
- How to wash ammonia windows
- How to remove stains with ammonia
- How to clean silver with stones 🥝 is it possible to clean with ammonia, cleaning home decorations
- How to remove iodine from the carpet?
- How to wipe iodine from furniture?