How to make jeans sit down 🥝 after washing, shrinking jeans in hot water
Jeans are a thing that is appropriate in most situations. Comfortable and practical, they sit perfectly on the figure, while emphasizing it. But it happens that after a short sock, this thing loses its shape and stretches. In such a situation, the question “How to wash the jeans so they sit down?” Becomes the number one problem.to contents ↑
Can stretch jeans be avoided?
In fact, stretching is characteristic of fabrics such as denim and other cotton fabrics. Their fibers are flexible enough to stretch under constant tension. But after all, when I bought a thing, I don’t feel like throwing it away or giving it to someone. Therefore, we are looking for the answer to the question of what needs to be done so that the jeans sit down, and again with pleasure we continue to wear them.
Surely you have more than one pair of denim pants. And if you are planning to purchase one more, more fashionable and interesting, you will definitely be interested in information about:to contents ↑
Method 1. Wash
It is very simple to make jeans sit down after washing. Most likely you noticed that the things that were washed the day before are harder to wear, some just had to be pulled with force. As a rule, after washing, almost any clothes are reduced. To make the pants sit down, you can:
- Set the maximum water temperature.
- Set your washing machine to a non-creasing or intensive wash mode.
- Add powder and detergent as usual. On request - fabric softener. It will help the fabric not become too stiff after the pants have dried.
- Put washed jeans immediately in the dryer.
- Set the maximum drying mode.
- For greater effect, when they dry, leave them for another 5-10 minutes in the car.
- If the effect obtained did not satisfy you, repeat the procedure.
Important! Wet jeans can be ironed after washing. This method is suitable for those who want to seat the fabric quite a bit.
If you want to not only change the size of your pants, but also radically change their design, then just for you there is already an article "How to dye jeans?"!to contents ↑
Method 2. Hot tub
Another way to make the jeans sit down is to “buy” them well in the hot tub. Want your pants to fit your figure tight? To do this, follow the instructions below.
Important! Note that this method is quite extraordinary, and even extreme. But to look beautiful, all means are good.
- Put on your pants and fasten with a zipper and all buttons.
- Pour water into the bathroom as hot as you can tolerate.
- Sit in the water and make sure that the water completely covers the pants on you.
- Sit in the bath until the water has cooled to room temperature.
- Without removing, dry them in the air so that they take the shape of your legs, if possible, sit in the sun.
to contents ↑
Important! Choose a warm sunny day for the procedure so that you do not catch a cold, and the fabric has settled even more. Sit on a surface that does not absorb moisture. Keep in mind that you have to turn around, because the pants must dry from all sides.
Method 3. “Weld” jeans
You can make your pants sit down and you can “weld” them. This option is not suitable for those who do not like “dumplings”, but prefer dark shades of trousers. If you are ready to wear them, then cook like this:
- Turn inside out. This will help the fabric lose color less. If you want to not only sit down the fabric, but also to make your clothes stylish - skip this step.
- Boil water in a large saucepan. There should be enough water to fit the thing.
- Dip your pants in boiling water. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the tongs from the hot water and immediately put them in the dryer.
- Turn the dryer on to the most powerful mode and dry until completely dry
to contents ↑
Important! Digest tissue, which contains a lot of synthetics, is absolutely impossible.
Shoot a certain zone
If the trousers are stretched out on the knees or in the belt, then it is possible to make sure that only a certain area sits. For this:
- Pour the warm air conditioner into the spray bottle.
- Mix the contents.
- Spray the mixture onto the place to be reduced.
- Make sure that the fabric is completely wet, otherwise you will not get the desired effect.
- Put the item in the dryer and turn on the most powerful mode.
- If you did not get the expected result, repeat the procedure.
Important! When air dried, the fabric does not sit down.
And if you want to slightly change the design of your pants to make them more comfortable and fashionable, we’ll separately tell you about the different options that you cantighten the bottom jeans at home.to contents ↑
- After all that has been stated above, the question will be reasonable: do jeans sit down after washing in length? Yes, sit down. Therefore, to sit is a thing that is longer than necessary.
- If you don’t want to wash your trousers too much and make them tight, don’t wear them all the time, let the fabric rest.
- If the garment has the mark “shrink to fit” or if it is made of elastic fabric, the above methods will not work, so it’s better to contact the master and sew the thing.
- Clothing manufacturers recommend buying pants one size smaller. If the thing barely came down on you, you had to draw in your stomach, then after a few socks it will perfectly fit the figure.
Now you know what to do so that the genies sit down. Do not be discouraged if the above methods could not reduce your thing as much as you would like. It can be redrawn or sutured. This will breathe new life into it and allow you to update your wardrobe without significant costs. All in your hands!