How to wash the tulle so that it is snow-white?
The windows, curtained by a snow-white tulle, make the room cozy, elegant and a little mysterious. However, over time, under the influence of direct sunlight, dust and heating, the curtain loses its beautiful and clean pristine appearance, becomes gray and unsightly. Today we will tell you how to remove the old tulle in the machine and manually, so that it is snow-white, and what rules should be followed.to contents ↑
Washing curtains and tulle
The word “tulle” is of French origin and means - transparent, mesh fabric. In the past, tulle was associated with lace material resembling lace. Nowadays, many designers call tulle all-day translucent and light curtains.
Such curtains can be made of different materials, depending on the purpose of the room, for example:
- nylon tulle is perfect for the kitchen;
- for the hall and bedroom - tulle made of muslin, organza, fine silk or cotton.
Important! The curtain can have different colors and textures. It is with the help of curtains that you can easily and quickly bring fresh notes to the usual arrangement of any room. On this occasion, we have prepared a separate review for you, useful tips from which you will probably find useful. Read also the publication on the link "Design of curtains and curtains in the design of windows".
But mainly for interior decoration use white tulle. It makes the room more spacious, bright and does not distract attention from the interior decoration and the interior of the room.
The new white curtain looks elegant, beautiful, airy, but over time, collecting dust, becomes gray. The delicate structure of the fabric requires very gentle, delicate handling, and in order to wash it correctly, it is necessary to consider what material it is sewn from. Depending on the structure, fabrics are selected:
- The right powder. Use liquid detergents or a powder that forms little foam. To choose the right detergent and bleach, follow the recommendations of the fabric manufacturer. Carefully read the label on the material, which indicates the washing temperature and the possibility of using chemical bleaches.
- Water temperature. All delicate items do not tolerate hot water. However, there are exceptions. Some curtains are made from several combination materials.
- The way to wash. It is better to wash very delicate fabrics (organza, silk) by hand, and for the rest you can use machine wash.
- Extra whitening. White tulle with spots of yellowness must be bleached using folk remedies or household chemicals.
How to wash the tulle to be snow-white?
Like any other thing, curtains must be carefully prepared for washing. To do this is quite simple:
- Remove the tulle from the windows. Do this carefully so that all the dust does not spread around the room.
- Spread the cloth, shake it thoroughly from dust. This procedure is best done on the street.
- Pour soaking water into the basin. The water temperature should be 30-35 degrees (depending on the material).
- Add detergent or liquid detergent to the water.
- Pour a little salt into the soap solution (from 2 tbsp.spoons to 1 cup, depending on the volume of water). The salt should be rock, without iodized additives.
- Put the curtains in the prepared solution.
- Leave the textiles in the soaking solution for a while.
- Choose a washing method - manual or machine.
How to wash tulle curtains manually?
The hand wash procedure should be divided into several stages:
- Soak. The soaking process has been described above. After soaking, the tulle must be gently squeezed and rinsed, removing dirty water.
- Wash. Take a basin and pour warm water (35-36 degrees). Add suitable detergent to the water, mix it thoroughly. Put the curtains in a soapy solution, wash the delicate product with light squeezing movements.
- Rinsing. Rinse the tulle first in warm and then in cool water.
- Drying. Gently squeeze the water out of the curtain. Hang the product in the bathroom so that the water drains. Hang the tulle on the ledge until it dries completely. If creases remain on the fabric, choose one of the methods we have proposed, how to quickly smooth out curtains on weight.
Important! To successfully wash the tulle so that it is snow-white, the following additional tips will help you:
- To make washing more effective and reduce the risk of deterioration of the fabric, add a small amount of vinegar to the soap solution (1 tbsp.spoon of vinegar per 1 liter of water). Vinegar gives the fabric a beautiful sheen.
- You can add a little blue to the rinse water. She will give a curtain dazzling white color and gloss.
How to bleach tulle in a washing machine?
Hand-washing curtains is not very convenient, since most curtains are impressive in size. If you have a good automatic washing machine, then washing kapron curtains will not take much time. In order not to damage the delicate structure of the fabric in the machine, you must adhere to some rules and learn how to wash the nylon tulle so that it turns white.
- Before washing in the machine, the curtain must be removed, dusted off and soaked in soapy water (with salt) overnight.
- In the morning, carefully rinse the tulle in warm water.
- Put the curtain in special laundry bag (an ordinary pillowcase is also suitable) to prevent tissue damage.
- Set delicate wash mode and a temperature of 30-40 degrees.
- Pour (pour) a special agent for delicate fabrics into the powder compartment. Using unsuitable or cheap detergents can have exactly the opposite effect. If you have any doubts about the concentration and quantity, read our separate article, which reveals in detail all the nuances, how much powder to pour into the washing machine.
- If you want to bleach the fabric, add a little oxygen bleach.
Important! In no case do not use preparations containing chlorine, as they not only damage the structure of the tissue, but give it a yellowish or greenish tint.
- Turn on the extra rinse mode.
- Switch off the spin completely or set the lowest number of revolutions.
- Put the textiles on the drum of the machine.
- Start the process of washing tulle curtains.
- After the process is over, hang the tulle on the ledge to dry.
Erase tulle - useful tips:
- It is correct to wash the tulle only in warm water, since yellowness and a gray tint remain on the fabric from hot and cold water.
- To keep the curtain in shape for a long time and not become dirty for a long time, starch it after washing. If you do not know how to do this, follow the link to our separate review of recipes and methods of starching.
- If on the kitchen tulle (veil) there were or are spots of fat and traces of soot, soot, then folk remedies may not help. Get bio-powder with enzymes that breaks down fat stains perfectly. The store now has many specialized detergents for washing tulle from various types of fabric.
- Wash the nylon curtain exclusively at a temperature of 30 degrees, cotton tulle and polyester can be washed at a temperature of 60 degrees.
- Wash organza and chiffon by hand with a mild detergent.
- When washing, be sure to put the muslin in a special bag. The temperature of the water during washing should be 30 degrees.
- Wash curtains at least 2 times a year to maintain whiteness and maintain an attractive appearance.
- If you don’t know which program to wash the tulle, select the “Hand wash” mode. Do not focus on the duration of the washing mode, but rather - pay attention to the intensity.
- Do not machine wash other things with the tulle. This can ruin and damage delicate fabric.
- Put the curtain into the machine very carefully, and not how it turns out to avoid creases and wrinkles during the spin cycle.
- Always consider the characteristics of the material during washing.
- Do not sprinkle a lot of powder, as most materials can whip up and form a large volume of foam. Thus, it will be difficult to rinse the product.
- Do not wring, do not twist the product and do not rub the delicate fabric, as it is very easily frayed.
- If you did not soak the curtains before machine wash at night, then use the optional “Soak” mode or the function "Prewash".
We hope that you have learned the information on how to wash the tulle so that it is snow-white, and now we will introduce you to the folk bleaching methods.to contents ↑
With prolonged use, the curtains turn yellow and sometimes washing can not get rid of stains. To bleach the tulle and give it a snow-white look, use the following improvised means:
- Hydrogen peroxide.
We suggest you use the following folk recipes for bleaching tissue.
Recipe number 1. Salt
- Fill the container with water.
- Add table salt to the container (a few pinches).
- The washed tulle is placed in the solution, leave for a while.
- Rinse the product and dry.
Important! After such a “salt” procedure, the tulle will not only bleach, but also starch.
Recipe number 2. Ammonia and hydrogen peroxide:
- Wear protective gloves.
- Prepare a container of hot water.
- Add to the container 2 tbsp. tablespoons of ammonia and 2 tbsp. tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly with a wooden object.
- Place the washed tulle in the solution for 15 minutes.
- Rinse in warm water.
- Hang the product to dry on the ledge.
Recipe number 3. Soda
Soda is a unique tool that helps not only to cope with old pollution, but also to bleach tulle at home. Proceed as follows:
- Mix 100 g of washing powder and 2 tbsp. tablespoons of soda.
- Pour the mixture into a bucket of warm water.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Soak the product in the prepared solution for 20 minutes.
- Remember the tulle a bit, drain the water.
- Wash the curtains manually or in the car.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly.
Important! Use soda during pre-soak for a more effective wash. Along with soda, you can add the same amount of salt. With this soaking, the tulle will turn white, and will not lose its snow-white during subsequent washing.
Recipe number 4. Blue
Dilute a small amount of blue in a separate container. The solution should be weak. Add a little blue solution at the last rinse. Blueness neutralizes yellowness, and the curtains become clean and snow-white.
Recipe number 5. Zelenka
A mixture of brilliant green with salt will help restore the dazzling whiteness of the fabric:
- Stir 2 tbsp in half a liter of water. tablespoons of salt.
- Add 15 drops of brilliant green.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Leave the prepared solution for 3-4 minutes, until a precipitate forms.
- Gently strain the solution. Do not miss the precipitate, otherwise - green spots may remain on the fabric.
- Add the prepared solution to the water for the last rinse.
- Dip the washed curtains into water with a solution of brilliant green and leave for 3-4 minutes. In this case, it is necessary to periodically turn the product over so that it bleaches evenly.
- Remove the curtains, wring them out without twisting.
- Hang the curtains to dry.
We hope that our tips and tricks have helped you find the right way to wash and bleach your curtains. If you could not get rid of stains on textiles, are not satisfied with the result, then contact a cleaning company, whose specialists will be able to choose special preparations for curtains. And let white, airy curtains decorate the room and please you for many years!
- Design of curtains and curtains - window decoration
- Liquid powder - convenient, effective or practical?
- How to smooth curtains on weight?
- Bag for washing clothes in a washing machine
- Delicate washing in the washing machine 🥝 gentle gentle
- How much powder to pour into a washing machine 🥝 washing consumption, how to measure
- Laundry bleach
- How to starch a bandage 🥝 bedding, tulle, curtains, lace in a washing machine
- Prewash - what is it?