How to Wash Shedding Things
Colored things are beautiful, elegant and bring bright colors to ordinary gray everyday life, but at the same time they require extremely careful attitude to themselves. Learn how to wash shedding clothes to keep them clean and original for a long time. In this article, our experts will give you reliable and effective advice.to contents ↑
How to check color fastness?
- Wet a small piece of clothing.
- Iron it through the paper.
- If there are spots on the paper, it means the fabric may fade.
- Conclusion - wash it separately from other things.
Important! If you are a fan of bright images with clothes of various colors, read also about what things and fabrics are most often dyed.
- Cut a small flap of fabric from the wrong side, near the seam - so that it is not noticeable.
- Soak it in liquid ammonia.
- Soak for 10 minutes.
- Check if the color has changed.
On a note! Do not try to immerse the whole thing in ammonia. When buying things, you can often see that a flap of the same color is sewn from the inside - take a piece from it. It is even better if the clothes are sewn in the atelier: you will probably have scraps of fabric - practice them on them.
- Pour warm water into a bowl.
- Add some powder.
- Soak clothes for 10-15 minutes.
- Wrap in a white cotton fabric.
- Squeeze and check for stains.
- Look at the water in the container to see if it has stained the appropriate color.
- If there are traces, wash the item in the future without mixing with other products.
to contents ↑
On a note! If you have little time for such a check - soak a small part of the clothes in very hot water and attach to a dry white cloth. The result is not long in coming, but proceed with caution - high temperature water can ruin a thing.
How to wash things that molt?
In order not to harm the clothes and not spoil the expensive or just a beautiful thing, follow these recommendations:
- Be sure to sort your clothes before washing. Things painted in warm colors (red, burgundy, yellow, orange) should in no case be mixed with those that have cold shades (green, blue, purple, blue). Wash black fabric items separately.
- Use only colored fabric powders or special “Perwoll” type gels.
- Wash shedding things at a temperature not exceeding 30-40 degrees. In the automatic machine, select the mode depending on the type of fabric.
- For handwashing, put the powder in water, stir and beat until foam. Only then put your clothes on - you need the detergent to completely dissolve, otherwise its grains will discolor the tissue areas.
- It is forbidden to use soap and soda for washing - they can change the color of the product and disrupt its structure.
- For colored fabrics, bleach cannot be used.
- Do not abuse stain removers. Try to remove contaminants using improvised substances (vinegar, lemon, a weak solution of ammonia).
- After washing, rinse things in cool water with the addition of vinegar: it will fix and at the same time refresh the color, and the fabric itself will become softer.
How to wash shedding things?
Depending on the type of fabric, in order to fix or refresh the color, remove stains, wash, rinse and dry things, you will need:
- washing powder for colored things;
- gel for delicate fabrics (“Perwoll”);
- 9% vinegar solution;
- mustard powder;
- tea leaves;
- white cotton fabric (sheet, towel);
- a bowl or basin;
to contents ↑
Important! If you did not keep track of the molting thing and it got into the tank of the washing machine in some miraculous way, we will help you correct this situation. Follow the link right now and you will find out how to whiten a painted white thing at home.
How to wash shedding things?
There are 3 main stages of care for such tissues:
- soaking in cold water to pre-fix the color;
- washing separately from all other products;
- rinse with fixing with the help of special tools.
Use salt as a fabric color fastener:
- Pour cold water into a container.
- Add ordinary table salt in a proportion - 1 tbsp. for 1 liter of water.
- Mix well.
- Soak a colored thing.
- Wait 1 hour.
- Wash powder with hand or machine.
- Rinse well.
- Dry it.
- Iron on the wrong side.
On a note! The method is suitable for things of red, green, blue and black colors - as a rule, they molt most often.
Apply vinegar to keep things bright:
- Pour 8-10l of cold water into a bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp. 9% vinegar solution.
- Immerse the clothes in the solution.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and wash as usual.
- Rinse in a little warm, then a couple of times in cold water.
- Easy to wring out.
- Dry things out in the fresh air.
On a note! Thorough rinsing and airing is necessary in order to get rid of the specific sour smell of vinegar essence.
Cotton items do not shed, if you act in this way:
- Pour 2 liters of cold water.
- Add 1 tbsp. turpentine.
- Soak the product for 10 minutes.
- Drain the solution.
- Wash clothes in cool water (30 degrees) with powder, whipped to a state of foam.
- Rinse: 1st time - with the addition of 5-10 drops of vinegar, after - in clean water, from the calculation - 1 tbsp. l for 1 liter of water
- Dry thoroughly in the fresh air.
On a note! The method is especially effective for washing blue, pink and yellow things. You can take more water, the main thing is to observe the proportion.
- Pour lukewarm water into a bowl.
- Stir a little delicate gel into it.
- Soak things for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the solution, draw clean water.
- Add to 1l 2-3 tbsp. glycerin.
- Pour the correct amount of detergent.
- Wash gently.
- Gently wring out without twisting.
- Dry your clothes horizontally with a clean cloth
to contents ↑
Important! In another article on our site, we gave even more tips to help you firmlyto fix paint on fabric at home. Hurry to use this information so that any thing from your wardrobe is always in order and ready for your appearance “in the light”!
- For wool clothes, add mustard powder when washing.
- Wash silk products in water where bran was previously soaked.
- Clothes in beige, cream or brown colors after rinsing, soak for several minutes in a tea brew solution, depending on the color intensity, it should be more or less strong.
- If the pattern on the green or black fabric has faded, try refreshing the color with a rinse in an alum solution.
- To remove white spots from deodorant on dark clothes, gently moisten the contaminated places with vinegar applied on a cotton pad, and then wash the item.
- Squeeze the fabric without twisting, it is advisable to wrap them at the same time in a white clean sheet.
- Dry in a well-ventilated, shaded area. Remember that direct sunlight contributes to the fading of bright colors.
- For the same reason, turn all things inside out.
- Dry delicate products and fabrics of combined colors in a horizontal position, spread out on a towel.
- Iron things that can shed only with an iron with a temperature regulator.
to contents ↑
Important! You may also be wondering how you can transform your clothes so that you can still wear them, even if they have shed.
Read about it in our publication. “The second life of faded clothes”.
We hope that our simple tips on how to wash shedding things will help you to properly care for them and extend the life of your favorite clothes.