Over time, almost any white linen acquires a gray or yellow hue and does not look as pleasant as when buying. Simple washing is not enough here - it will not be effective, but will only aggravate the situation and contribute to an even more worn-out look of the fabric. In this case, you must act for sure - take special bleaching agents. But the question immediately arises which bleach is better, because the range of such products on the market is huge, and not all of them are effective. From this article you will learn which is best to choose a bleach for a particular fabric and how to use it correctly to get the expected result.to contents ↑
It would seem that if you wash your laundry with a good powder, then it should become cleaner. But everything happens the other way around - white things acquire a gray and yellow color, colored ones lose their color. Why is this happening?
There are several reasons why things lose their original appearance:
- when drying in the sun, things exposed to ultraviolet lose their color;
- the fabric simply wears out over time;
- old spots that were not timely removed turn yellow over time;
- if you have very hard water, after several washings things turn gray or brown - it all depends on the specific chemical composition of the tap water.
A few tips to help keep things white
In order to use bleach as rarely as possible, because this is usually a very aggressive product, regardless of the manufacturer, it is enough to adhere to several rules for the care of products in bright colors.
Wash laundry immediately as soon as it gets dirty, do not store it for a long time in the laundry basket. Over time, dirt and sweat eat into the fabric of things, and it is more difficult to remove them.
Important! All things are sewn from different materials, so you need to clean them, taking into account the characteristics of each. Our selection of rules will help you with this. "How to wash things from different fabrics?".
Store clean items in ventilated, dry rooms, in chests of drawers, cabinets. And to make it easier for you to organize them, use the ideas from the article “How to store things in a closet?”.
Use high-quality detergents for washing. If you notice a grayish color on the fabrics, bleach immediately. If you notice that the product used recently has led to problems with the color and softness of materials, change it. To do this, review our rating of the best detergents.
If you have hard water, use a powder containing water softener for every wash. Better yet, install special water filter.
to contents ↑
Types of Bleach
Every housewife wants things to remain snow-white as long as possible. Modern bleaches according to the active substance can be divided into two groups:
We will examine in detail what is the difference between them, and describe all the pros and cons for each type.to contents ↑
Mostly produced in liquid form. The main component is sodium hypochlorite, also the composition is supplemented by:
- sodium hydroxide and carbonate;
Important! The most famous example is "White". The same composition is used by the ACE trademark. Today, new developments with the addition of optical brightener have appeared, here is an example of “ACE Brilliant”.
- Qualitatively bleaches even at low temperatures - using even cold water, you can get an excellent result.
- Easy to use - does not require additional action, dissolved in water and soaked.
- Low price.
- Convenient consistency for dosage.
- Also suitable for disinfection of various objects - toilet bowl, sink, tile surface.
Chlorine bleach for clothes there are also a number of disadvantages that you must certainly consider when using it:
- with frequent use, the fabric becomes unusable;
- only cotton fabrics can be bleached;
- cannot be used in an automatic washing machine with other powders;
- short shelf life - 9 months, then efficiency is lost;
- pungent smell of bleach - manifests itself even in new samples where various perfumes are used to eliminate this smell.
Important! Such a laundry bleach has limited application possibilities and is suitable only for rare use.
to contents ↑
This type happens both in the form of a powder, and in the form of a liquid. In the form of a liquid, the solution is hydrogen peroxide combined with perfumes and surfactants.
Benefits of Oxygen Liquid Bleach:
- High-quality whitening of products from any fabric.
- Possibility of application not only for white, but also for non-ferrous products.
- Can be used with powder in automatic washing machines
- Excellent disinfectant.
Important! With so many positive properties, there are also negative points. The most important of them - even with not very long storage, loses its quality. Within 3 to 6 months, the activity of the main component decreases by 50-75%.
Tips for Using Liquid Oxygen Bleach
When machine washing, using liquid bleach, to obtain the best result, you need to use a powder with enzymes.
- if your washing machine has two loading compartments, you can fill up both of them at once;
- if not, first fill the powder, and when the temperature in the machine rises to 60 C, fill the bleach.
Why so? The thing is that enzymes help to remove the stain at the initial stage at a water temperature of 30-40 C, especially when the stain is a protein structure. When the next stage of washing comes, we add liquid bleach.
At a temperature of 60-90 C, when the enzymes stop working, the bleach components will finally remove your stain.
Important! In the case when you fall asleep at once in one compartment these two components, then oxygen-containing substances “eat” the enzymes. They will not be able to fully stain stains.
Powder oxygen bleaches
They have all the same advantages as liquid products, but they are distinguished by their long shelf life.
Important! Some powder oxygen bleaches can qualitatively cope with various problems even after 5 months after manufacture.
- powder when spraying is sprayed, getting into the eyes, on the hands;
- if there is no washing machine, then the bleaching process takes a lot of time and effort;
- “Work” starts at a temperature of 90 C.
to contents ↑
Important! Oxygen bleaches are more versatile when compared with chlorine bleaches - they are suitable for any type of fabric, for any shade of the product. But you need to be careful when choosing the optimal tool and its volume, in order to have time to use it for its intended purpose and the money was not wasted.
Good bleach for white - TOP-10
Currently, the range of bleaches for white things is huge.Having studied customer reviews, we have compiled a list of popular products so that you can choose the best bleach for white linen:
- Mister DEZ active oxygen stain remover.
- Soap nuts Eco2 oxygen + soda.
- Delamark Oxygen (3 in 1).
- Vanish Oxi Action.
- Universal bleach for all types of fabrics Amway SA8.
- Bos plus Maximum.
- Bleach for underwear and lace Dr. Beckmann.
- Synergetic Acid.
- The multifunctional Sanfor “White Gel".
Important! All of them are effective and have earned the trust of consumers. What exactly to give preference to - navigate yourself based on the cost, since this rating of the best bleaches for white linen includes products of different price categories.
to contents ↑
But what if you prepare the bleach yourself?
You can prepare bleach for linen and at home. Of course, it will be a more time-consuming process, sometimes less effective, and sometimes vice versa, the use of a homemade product will pleasantly surprise you. It all depends on the degree of contamination of the tissue, its density, structure, as well as the correct choice of a suitable active substance.
Consider several cooking methods.
- Pre-wash the item with powder.
- Pour 10 liters of hot water into a bucket - 80-90 C.
- Add there 2 tablespoons of ammonia and 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide 3%.
- Soak things for 30 minutes.
This method can be used in cases where your linen is slightly yellowed or gray, but not too washed. During washing, add 50 grams of baking soda to the machine along with the powder.
The following remedy will help you get rid of “old” spots:
- Make a basin with 5 liters of hot water.
- Mix half a glass of soda with 2 tablespoons of ammonia.
- Add to a bowl with water and stir.
- Soak the laundry for 1-2 hours.
- Rinse well and stretch.
This method will help you get rid of shed spots and sweat:
- Prepare a solution of ammonia - for 1 liter of water we take 1 tablespoon (10% ammonia can be bought at each pharmacy).
- Soak clothes for 3 hours.
- Rinse in water and rub.
to contents ↑
Important! Any of these methods is not toxic, and you can safely whiten children's things.
After reading our article, you can choose a bleach for clothes that will suit your things without harming them. Remember that one of the most important factors in the effectiveness of any tool is the expiration date. The fresher the product, the better and faster it will deal with various problems.