How to remove stains from deodorant 🥝 at home
“It does not leave white marks on clothes!” - this statement we often see on personal care products such as deodorants. But, unfortunately, especially in the summertime, many of us are wondering: how to remove stains from deodorant? If white or yellow spots have formed on your favorite T-shirt, then you should not immediately write it off. We will help you remove deodorant stains competently and without much effort!to contents ↑
How to remove traces of deodorant?
- lemon juice;
- denatured alcohol;
- liquid dishwashing detergent;
- hydrogen peroxide;
to contents ↑
Important! To prevent a similar problem, try taking preventative measures. To do this, choose really high-quality products. We talked about such in the article "Deodorant that leaves no residue".
How to quickly remove white spots from deodorant?
A simple washing powder will not help remove traces of deodorant, but do not despair. Using the methods described below, you can easily cope with such a nuisance, and quickly.
If spots have formed on clothes made of colored fabric, you need to behave with them like this:
- Take the vinegar.
- Dampen the stained area with vinegar.
- Leave the processed item overnight.
- In the morning, just overdo the thing to remove the smell of vinegar.
Important! This method is only suitable for colored items. If applied to white things, they may turn yellow!
If you didn’t have time to immediately remove the stains from the deodorant and they managed to dry out fairly well, this method will help you remove even old traces:
- Take table salt.
- Rub salt with yellowed or whitish patches.
- Leave the item for 10-12 hours.
- Wash by selecting the appropriate wash mode for this fabric.
Important! In such a simple way, you can effectively remove traces of deodorant, while not spending a dime! After all, salt is always at home!
If you have lemon in the refrigerator, then a couple of its slices will help you deal with the hateful deodorant marks on your favorite blouse. In this case, proceed as follows:
- Take a lemon.
- Squeeze a small amount of juice on problem areas on things.
- Wait a couple of minutes.
- Wash the item in water at room temperature.
Important! This method is used to remove fresh stains from deodorant. If you didn’t have a lemon, you can replace it with ammonia.
White spots from a deodorant on a black thing are doubly unpleasant. Not only did the manufacturer promise that there wouldn’t be such a problem, but now the thing is spoiled and you have to spend time finding a solution on how to remove deodorant stains on black. The first thing you should do is not to use your sweat cosmetic product anymore, but to purchase a really high-quality product. The second is to apply this method to restore the tissue and restore its attractive appearance:
- Pour vodka onto the deodorant-affected area of the item.
- Wait no more than an hour.
- Wash, removing the smell of alcohol.
Important! Do not forget to take into account all the rules for cleaning different materials during the final wash. To help you offer an overview “How to wash clothes from different fabrics?”.
In such a simple way, in a fairly short period of time, you remove white spots from your favorite black things!to contents ↑
How else to remove stains from deodorant?
The above methods are far from a complete list of all possible solutions to the problem of how to remove stains from deodorant. There are many other equally effective options. Use them when necessary, based on how much free time you have and exactly what funds are at hand.
- Take a dishwashing detergent, preferably concentrated liquid.
- Rub unsightly marks with a sponge.
- Leave the item for half an hour.
- Wash the product by hand, completely rinsing the product.
If it seemed to you that all the previous methods are too simple for you, we complicate the task by mixing several ingredients! In this case, in order to remove stains from deodorant, you will have to do the following:
- Take 4 tbsp. hydrogen peroxide, 1 tsp dishwashing detergent, 2 tbsp. baking soda.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Treat the stain with the resulting mass.
- Leave for 3 hours.
- Wash the product.
Ammonia is present in almost every home. It is widely used not only directly for medical purposes, but also as an excellent solvent for all kinds of contaminants on fabrics, furniture, carpets, for insect control and jewelry cleaning. They can also quickly remove deodorant stains on clothes, including those that have already become old.
Important! Read about different ways of using ammonia for other purposes in our articles:
The procedure for cleaning things is as follows:
- Dilute ammonia with water in a ratio of 1: 1.
- Apply the solution for several minutes to problem areas on the fabric.
- Rinse off.
- Wash a thing.
to contents ↑
Important! Ammonia is a chemical solution. When working with him, be sure to wear gloves. Avoid contact with eyes! In order for the pungent odor to quickly disappear, after processing the clothes, ventilate the room in which you did it well.
How to remove white spots from sweat on black clothes?
It often happens that you have to deal with white spots from sweat on black clothes. In these cases, you need to be very vigilant, since completely different means are suitable for different types of fabrics.
Cotton and linen fabrics are processed in this way:
- Dissolve the salt with warm water in a proportion of 1 tsp. for 1 glass.
- Add 1 tsp. ammonia.
- Treat the deodorant stains with the resulting solution.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash the item as usual.
Important! If the final wash is not very successful and the stains are formed on the fabric or there are whitish spots, find outhow to remove powder stains.
If a product that needs to remove sweat stains from silk fabric, it can be processed as follows:
- Soak the item in soapy water and leave for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a solution of salt and water - 1 tsp. on 1 tbsp.
- Apply cleaning fluid to the desired area on the fabric.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Wash the entire product manually or delicately in the machine.
to contents ↑
Important! If the thing that needs to be saved from sweat stains consists of wool, it can only be processed in soapy water and warm water. Otherwise, it simply deforms. Think, maybe you better use dry cleaning services?
- Try to apply deodorizing agents to clean and dry skin.
- Do this in advance - the deodorant should already have time to dry by the time you dress.
- Give preference only to high-quality cosmetics, the promises of manufacturers of which inspire confidence.
We hope that now, even if you have a question, how and how to remove stains from deodorant on any clothes, you managed not to spend a lot of effort on this. Use our tips and you will easily restore the attractiveness of your favorite clothes. And to extend its life, check out other articles on our site for the care of various fabrics and things.