How to wash fuel oil from a jacket at home?
Everyone is very upset to find traces of fuel oil on their favorite thing. You can plant such a spot by accident, leaving the minibus or bus, as well as in contact with your own car. Undoubtedly, the spots are very complex, but with modern tools and practical methods of housewives proven over the years, nothing is impossible. Most often, it is women who have to deal with such problems, so we decided to share effective recommendations on how to remove or remove fuel oil from a jacket, coat or down jacket at home.to contents ↑
Spot Removers & Tips
To clean your beloved beloved thing, it is best to use dry cleaning services. Let you spend a lot of money, but save time and save your own health.
However, there are many ways to clean clothes from fuel oil pollution at home:
- First of all, stain removal depends on its freshness, as well as on the material from which the thing is made, and on the color of the fabric.
Important! Silk and wool are afraid of contact with alkali, and linen and cotton are afraid of acids. Artificial fabrics such as Bologna and acetate silk are afraid of acetic acid. This must be taken into account when choosing a means of wiping fuel oil from the jacket.
- The tool with which you are going to remove fuel oil should be tested on a section of clothing that is invisible to the eyes.
- Carry out cleaning work in good light.
- If you decide to use solvents to remove the fuel oil stain, then this process must be carried out from the wrong side of the product. After using them, things usually have a specific smell, so the information about how to quickly remove the smell of gasoline from clothes.
- To protect the fabric from ghosting, it is recommended to wet the fabric around the spot. Place a piece of light cloth or cotton under the stain, and clean with gentle movements from the edges of the dirt towards the center.
- After removing stains, wash clothing thoroughly using detergent for stubborn stains.
- It is advisable to use conditioner when rinsing.
to contents ↑
Important! If you removed the stain with gasoline, it is better not to use a washing machine for washing.
Methods for removing oil stains
The most popular are the following ways to remove fuel oil from a jacket at home.
Method # 1 - Fairy Dishwashing Detergent
The greatest number of positive reviews can be found on the cleaning properties of dishwashing liquid Fairy. To achieve the highest quality result, use the substance according to the following algorithm:
Method No. 2 - Car Interior Cleaning Products
You can also wash the fuel oil from the jacket with the help of detergents purchased in automobile dealerships. For this purpose, suitable special compositions for cleaning a car dealership.
Important! It will help remove pollution and refined gasoline for refueling lighters.
After successfully removing the stain, soak the item in Fairy and then thoroughly wash it.
Method No. 3 - Caustic Soda
Some housewives use caustic soda to remove oil residue from the surface of textiles. It is recommended to use it according to the following algorithm:
- Dilute 200 g of caustic soda in 10 liters of water.
- Remove the stain with the resulting soapy solution.
Important! By the same principle, you can try to get rid of the stain with the help of laundry soap.
Method 4 - Essential Oils
Eucalyptus and fir oils are also known for their excellent cleaning properties. Use one of them according to the following instructions:
- Take the oil you have.
- Dampen a cotton swab to remove makeup.
- Clean clothes from fuel oil.
- Wash a thing in your usual way.
Method No. 5 - Dishwashing Detergent
There is another effective way to remove fuel oil from clothing:
- Dilute 0.5 teaspoon of dishwashing detergent in 1 liter of water.
- Add three tablespoons of vinegar and ammonia to the soap solution.
- Apply the resulting composition to contamination and clean it gently.
- When the stain is removed, wash clothes.
Important! Also learn about how to wash your hands from fuel oilso as not to damage the skin.
to contents ↑
- Before using any of the above tools, it is necessary to check its effect on a small area of the seam.
- The stain needs to be removed from the periphery to the center - then you will avoid the appearance of stains.
- A clean, dry cloth placed under the stain before starting work will help avoid fingerprint prints on the back.
- Solvent - will help to get rid of the remaining contours after processing the stain.
to contents ↑
Important! If none of the above means for cleaning traces of fuel oil helped you, we recommend contacting a dry cleaner.
We hope that you will be able to remove pollution from the jacket, and the thing will delight you with its attractiveness and cleanliness.