How to wipe a felt-tip pen from a sofa?
Young children are very fond of drawing, and more often than not in albums. If at least one peanut lives in the house and objects such as paints, plasticine or felt-tip pens appear in his hands, then he can change the appearance of the apartment beyond recognition in seconds. Unfortunately, such “art” is very difficult to remove, especially from furniture that the kid can paint in a creative outburst. Many mummies face a similar problem and ask themselves how to wipe the felt-tip pen from the sofa, since overall things by their nature will not fit into the washing machine, and for them you need to look for other cleaning methods. Today we will tell you how to remove the felt-tip pen from the sofa, depending on the type of marker and the furniture upholstery material.to contents ↑
Before tackling the problem, it is necessary to determine the type of felt-tip pen. The method of its removal depends on this.
The most common types of markers:
- Fat-free water based. This is the most harmless drawing item. If the crumbs have a water-based felt-tip pen on hand, then there will be no problems, since its trace is washed off with ordinary warm water without detergent.
- At the chalk base.
- Paint component. The paint base can be removed with a solvent. As a solvent, you can use: acetone, a colorless nail polish remover, refined gasoline.
- Alcohol based. The alcohol marker is removed by any means containing alcohol: cologne, vodka, medical alcohol.
- Oil based. Fat-based felt-tip pens are removed using vegetable oil.
to contents ↑
Important! Be sure to check all chemicals that you intend to use to remove traces of the marker on an inconspicuous piece of furniture. These can be the following sections: side, backs, inner sofa upholstery. After surface treatment, all applied formulations must be washed off (washed off) with soapy water and running water.
How to remove the felt-tip pen from the sofa on solid parts?
Cabinet furniture or solid furniture parts will save from marker marks:
- Melamine sponge. The special sponge is made of plastic and resembles an ordinary student’s rubber eraser in terms of properties. The device does not contain chemicals and does not require their use. It is enough to wet the eraser with warm water to wipe the surface from the traces of “art”.
- Glass cleaner.
- Alcohol or alcohol-containing liquids.
- Acetone-free varnish remover.
Apply the selected product on a hard surface and wipe off dirt. After processing, remove any chemical residues with soapy water and running water.
Important! Perhaps there are now beautiful or not-so-beautiful patterns on the walls next to upholstered furniture? Then read about how to remove felt-tip pen from wallpaper.
to contents ↑
How to wash a marker from the leather of a sofa?
Even a leather sofa can suffer from children's sketches. To remove the stain from the marker from leather upholstery or a surface of dermatine, use alcohol. The marker, like a felt-tip pen, is easily removed with an alcohol solution when dried. If there is no alcohol in the house, then use any alcohol-containing liquid, for example, ordinary cologne will help to remove the marker from the sofa skin, and ordinary perfumes can wash the felt-tip pen from the sofa leather.
Proceed as follows:
- Apply alcohol (any) to a cotton swab or soft cloth.
- With translational movements (from edge to middle), erase children's sketches from the surface.
- If necessary, repeat the procedure several times.
- Wipe the surface with a clean cloth.
Important! To delete permanent marker, use the following tools:
- for skin - repellent, sunscreen;
- for clothes - an antiseptic for hands;
- the walls will be cleaned with toothpaste or hair spray;
- wooden products - alcohol;
- use white vinegar to clean the carpet;
- for a whiteboard - an eraser;
- for ceramics and glass - a mixture of soda and toothpaste (in equal proportions);
- for furniture - milk.
to contents ↑
How to wash a felt-tip pen from a fabric upholstered sofa?
If your furniture has a soft surface, you will need a stain remover to clean the felt-tip pen from the sofa. First, its effect must be checked on an inconspicuous area of furniture, and then applied to a contaminated area, following the instructions.
Important! Do not use too aggressive stain removers, as under their influence the upholstery may become discolored or thin out to holes.
Unfortunately, there is no general recommendation that would help to wash a felt-tip pen from a sofa with fabric upholstery. It all depends on the type of marker and the structure of the tissue. Here are just a few recommendations for different types of felt-tip pens and fabrics.
Contamination from cotton or synthetics can be removed with hydrogen peroxide:
- Moisten the stain with a cotton pad with peroxide.
- Treat the surface thoroughly, regularly changing contaminated cotton wool.
- Then remove the detergent and wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
- Let the surface dry.
Use bleach if the fabric allows:
- Read the instructions for use, mix the product with cold water.
- Wipe the stain with a soft cloth dampened in bleach, and then rinse with clean water.
To combat a fat-based felt-tip pen, vegetable oil is suitable:
- Apply vegetable oil to a contaminated area with a cotton swab and leave for several hours.
- Wash off the oil along with the remainder of the felt-tip pen with a degreasing agent, for example, for washing dishes.
- Rinse the area with clean water and dry the surface.
Remove alcohol-based felt-tip pen with alcohol:
- Soak a cotton swab or swab in an alcohol-containing liquid and blot the stain on the fabric.
- Be careful not to rub the stain.
An alcohol-containing felt-tip pen can also be removed using laundry soap:
- Rub the soap on a fine grater and mix with any alcohol. The result should be a thick porridge.
- Using an old toothbrush, rub the mixture into the stain.
- Leave the product for half an hour, and then remove the dirt with a damp cloth.
From a woolen fabric, remove the marker stain with a mixture of lemon juice and soda.
To wipe a felt-tip pen from a dense fabric sofa, use hair spray:
- Apply a thin layer of dirt to the dirt and wait 10-30 minutes (depending on how old the stain is).
- Wash off the rest of the product with warm water.
- You can use laundry soap and a stiff brush to remove the varnish.
On coarse tissue, the stain can be removed with soda and toothpaste:
- Mix the ingredients in equal proportions and apply the mixture to contamination.
- After the paste has dried, remove the product with a damp cloth.
Important! If your kid is thoroughly carried away by this type of creativity, worry about his health. Find out how Choose safe felt-tip pens for your child.
If no remedy is suitable, then use a solvent - refined gasoline or kerosene:
- First try the action of the solvent in an inconspicuous area, and then apply it to the stain.
- After the trace disappears, wash the area with soapy water and running water.
To wash a felt-tip pen from a sofa, use a dishwashing detergent and vinegar:
- Pour two cups of cool water into a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of detergent and vinegar.
- Apply the solution to the stained surface every five minutes for 30 minutes.
- After treatment, wipe the surface of the sofa with a dry towel.
- Instead of vinegar, you can use ammonia.
to contents ↑
Important! If the upholstery of the sofa is light, then you can use hydrogen peroxide. Put the product on a cotton swab and gently soak the dirt until it disappears completely. Wipe the surface with a dry towel.
As you can see, there is no universal method for removing all types of felt-tip pens for all sofas. Bold and saturated color favorably distinguishes a felt-tip pen from other objects of drawing. However, this rich color is achieved by adding all kinds of additives to the felt pen base, which make it difficult to remove them. Use your method of exposure for each base: for alcohol - alcohol, for oil - vegetable oil, and in especially difficult situations - a solvent. But still, the problem is better to prevent than to fix, therefore, immediately wean the children from this kind of creativity, humane methods!