How to remove grease stains from paper 🥝 how to reduce oil stains from documents
How to remove a greasy stain from paper? Each of us has repeatedly asked this question, moreover, in different life situations. Whose child extended his hands over the new wallpaper after his grandmother’s pies, and who himself created unnecessary problems by combining work with documents and lunch, and naturally wondered how to remove a greasy stain from the paper. How to get rid of and stain from a notebook or passport? In this article you will find many ways to deal with this problem.to contents ↑
How to remove oil from paper?
If you were unable to avoid such a situation and oil traces are already spreading over the sheets, you will need such tools:
- a piece of chalk;
- White clay;
- pulp of white bread.
How to remove a greasy stain from paper?
Having collected all these ingredients, you can remove greasy stains from paper!
- Lay the stained paper on a flat surface.
- Cover with a napkin.
- Iron the problem area.
Important! When the napkin is saturated with oil, it must be replaced with a new one and repeat these steps until the traces of trouble are completely removed.
You can also remove oil marks with chalk:
- Crush the chalk to a powdery state.
- Apply the resulting mass evenly on the desired page.
- Put a napkin on top.
- Heat the iron.
- Iron the page with a hot iron.
Important! During the ironing process, the chalk absorbs fat, be sure to change the powder to clean and dry!
If you have time and you do not need a document for three days, proceed as follows:
- Crush the chalk to a powdery state.
- Apply powder to the stained sheet.
- Leave the powder-treated sheet for three days.
- Take the crumb of white bread.
- Peel the crust that has formed on the page with the crumb of white bread.
What else can remove the stain from the paper?
If the above methods are not suitable for any reason, take a note of another list of tips that will also effectively help to cope with the problem.
If there is white clay at home, use it in this situation:
- Mix white dry clay powder with water in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Stir thoroughly until a thick, uniform mass is formed.
- Apply the resulting mixture to the desired area.
- Leave on for a while until completely dry.
- Take a brush (soft) or a sponge.
- Remove any clay from the page.
- Take paper towels.
- Wrap the sheet in towels and leave for a day.
It would seem, how can you connect things like bread and a grease stain on paper? Everything is very simple! In this version of the fight against unsightly marks on important documents, bread will help you:
- Rub a crumb of fresh black bread into the contaminated area.
- Remove crumbs that have already absorbed fat.
- Continue to repeat the procedure until the oil residue disappears.
If you thought that it is better to leave bread for sandwiches, then table salt will come to your aid:
- Sprinkle with fine salt the contaminated area on the sheet.
- Lay a blank sheet on top of the salt.
- Heat the iron and go over it on paper.
Important! The iron should not be overheated, otherwise - you risk translating all the printed text on your document onto paper that lies above the salt.
Surely in your household there is such a substance as starch.It can also be used quite effectively in the fight against oil marks on paper:
- Dilute a spoonful of starch with a glass of water.
- Apply the mixture to the stained area.
- Wait for it to dry completely.
- Take a clean, dry rag.
- Carefully remove the dry mixture.
to contents ↑
Important! Do not let the dirt dry on paper, because the older the stain, the harder it will be to fight and the greater the risk of damage to the document itself or paper important to you!
- If oil prints appeared on modern wallpaper, check with the manufacturer for recommendations. Many coatings can be washed by any means and water. If this is the case, wash the stained area with soapy water or dishwashing detergent and wipe it well with a damp cloth to remove any remaining product.
- In the same way, you can remove oil marks from the fabric.
- Do not combine lunch and work with documents, so as not to wonder later how to remove a greasy stain from the paper.
Now you know some effective ways to remove a greasy stain from paper. We hope that they will simplify your life and you won’t struggle with trouble for a long time!
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones