How to clean the kettle with soda 🥝 how to clean from burning and scale
Stainless steel kettles - ordinary or electric, are quite common in modern kitchens, but have a clear drawback: their surface is very quickly contaminated. And if much has been written about methods of descaling, then often even experienced housewives have a question: how to clean the kettle from a stainless steel outside? We offer you several cleaning methods, the application of which will be discussed in this article.to contents ↑
How to clean a stainless steel kettle?
Depending on the selected cleaning method, you may need such funds:
- baking soda;
- 9% vinegar solution;
- “Cif” for stainless steel surfaces;
- “Cillit Bang”;
- “Amway” for ovens or metal surfaces;
- “Master Shine”;
- “Mr. Chister”;
- melamine sponge.
The use of inventory, such as:
- bowl or container;
- kitchen sponge;
- old toothbrush;
- clean flannel fabric.
If you already have a very old kettle and plan to replace it over time, find out:
- Which kettle is better - glass or metal;
- What is a thermal sweat and TOP of the best models;
- Rating of the best models of electric kettles.
How to clean the kettle outside?
There are several solutions than cleaning a stainless steel kettle. Just choose the one that suits you the most.
The easiest method to clean the kettle outside is to use regular soda:
- Heat the kettle.
- Place on a table or sink.
- Take baking soda.
- Apply it to a damp sponge.
- Wipe the surface gently.
- After cleaning, rinse inside and out with warm, then with cold water.
Important! It is recommended to heat the device, because due to the high temperature you can quickly clean the plaque that has appeared on the outside. However, be careful not to get burned in contact with a hot object. And remember that soda is an abrasive, so you need to act as carefully as possible and not rub it hard so as not to scratch the surface.
You can use soda in another way to clean a regular (not electric!) Kettle from fat:
- Collect a large capacity of warm water.
- Dissolve soda in it at the rate of 1 tbsp. for 1 liter of water
- Dip your stainless steel cookware into the container.
- Put on the gas.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Allow the water to cool.
- Use a sponge to remove any residue.
- Rinse under running water.
- Wipe dry.
Important! To achieve the best result, 1-2 tsp can be added to boiling water. dishwashing detergents.
Do not forget that caring for the dishes largely depends on the stove itself. Therefore, a separate review on our website is dedicated to which is the best kettle to choose for a gas stove!
It’s also possible to clean the kettle outside of the deposit if you use a solution of soda and vinegar for boiling:
- Pour 3 tbsp into a large container. soda.
- Add 3 tbsp. vinegar.
- Put the kettle in a container.
- Put on fire.
- Boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Wait for the liquid to cool.
- Drain and rinse the kettle with a sponge under running water.
- Dry with a towel.
Important! Be sure to choose the container in which your device will fit in its entirety.If it is a rather large size, the amount of soda and vinegar should be increased by 2-3 times, so that there is enough liquid for boiling.
The use of toothpaste will also help to resolve the issue of how to clean the kettle from stainless steel from the outside:
- Take a tube of toothpaste.
- Squeeze a small amount onto an old toothbrush or the hard side of a kitchen sponge.
- Gently wipe the surface from the outside.
- Rinse with warm, then cold running water.
- Polish to a high gloss with a soft cloth or towel.
Important! Do not use whitening toothpaste for cleaning, as it contains sufficiently large abrasive particles that can damage the surface. For the same reason, do not rub the kettle much, the toothbrush should be with relatively soft bristles. It is advisable to soften stubborn dirt before cleaning.
If you are not an opponent of household chemicals, special cleaning products - “Cif”, “Cillit”, “Shumanit” will effectively help clean the kettle of fat. Use them this way:
- Take the selected product.
- Read the instructions for use carefully.
- Wear rubber gloves.
- Put the right amount of product on the surface of the kettle.
- Leave for the time specified in the instructions.
- Clean the outside with a sponge.
- Rinse several times in warm and cold water.
- Wipe dry.
Important! When working with chemicals, remember that they are toxic and can cause harm to the skin, so follow the necessary precautions, use gloves, and in the case of “Shumanit” - also a respirator. This tool is very effective and literally dissolves fat and plaque, but has a strong concentration and a very pungent odor, therefore, protecting your hands and respiratory tract from its effects is simply necessary. To solve the problem, than to clean the kettle from stainless steel, you can also use a relatively new tool - melamine sponges, with which you can not only remove plaque, but also polish the kettle to a shine.
As you can see, washing even a burnt kettle is not so difficult.
You need to clean the kettle not only outside but also inside. We already took care of this - choose the best ways,how to clean the kettle from scale at home!to contents ↑
- Regularly clean the surface of the kettle from grease, burning, plaque and dirt. The option to simply wash with water is not suitable. Remember that it is much more difficult to cope with old spots.
- Always choose the most gentle cleaning methods first, using safe tools at hand. Only if it was not possible to deal with pollution in this way, use household products.
- When working with special cleaning products, observe safety precautions, do not exceed the dosage indicated in the instructions, use protective gloves and a respirator.
- If there are people in the family who are prone to allergic reactions, stop using cleaning products that contain chemicals.
We hope that the tips in this article on how to clean a stainless steel kettle from the outside will be useful to you, help you deal effectively with grease and dirt, and also extend the life of your kettle.