How to wash a burnt pot 🥝 how to clean the bottom, if burnt, descaling with soda
You probably have seen at least once at your grandmothers old pots and pans covered with soot. This does not mean at all that they did not follow them, but if such a pan or pan fell into your hands, you will want to wash it. Normal washing in such a situation, as a rule, is not enough, and you are trying to find a solution to the problem of how to clean, boil, wash, boil pots and pans. Soda, stationery glue and other improvised tools can restore the cleanliness of your kitchen utensils. How exactly to use them so that you do not have to send a solid, but dirty pan to the trash can, you will learn from this article.to contents ↑
How to clean very old pans and pans of all kinds?
Most of us keep old Soviet pans, which are made of cast iron, aluminum or duralumin, and their condition may seem completely hopeless. But do not be alarmed, because it is quite possible to bring this deserved assistant to an ideal state using at least two methods:
- Soviet recipe for boiling;
- mechanical cleaning method.
Important! If you have cookware 20-50 years old, remember that in terms of quality of the alloy it is likely to be an order of magnitude better than the products of current suppliers of kitchen utensils. Therefore, it is worth making a little effort to appreciate all the benefits of cooking in a really solid pan or pan. You can buy similar analogues now, but they will cost a lot.
The method of boiling according to the Soviet recipe: soda ash + silicate glue + laundry soap.
In fairness, it should be noted that eliminating soot 15-20 years ago is a rather difficult task and you will not be able to cope with it quickly. But the result of all the efforts expended will be the exceptional brilliance of the dishes.
Tools and materials:
- Capacity suitable size.
- 1 bar 72% laundry soap.
- ½ cup stationery glue is also silicate or liquid glass.
- ½ cup soda ashbut not food.
- Scraper - you can take a small knife.
- Metal sponge.
Mode of application
So, how to clean pots and pans from soot, you need to digest using soda and stationery glue:
- First of all, fill the container with water and set it to boil over high heat.
- At the same time, grate 72% laundry soap.
- When the water boils, reduce the heat, pour all the shavings of laundry soap into the basin, stir them.
- Then add half a cup of glue and half a cup of soda ash.
- At this stage, do not forget to turn on the hood, and also open a window.
- Finally, dip your pan or pan into the prepared solution, but first remove the handles. In the event that the handle is not plastic or wooden, then lower it into the container with the solution.
- Now be patient and wait 2-5 hours, depending on how badly your pan is soiled.
- Periodically, do not forget to add water, as well as check the hardness of soot.
- As soon as you feel that the soot in your pan has become softer and the water has darkened, you can get your pan out. But be extremely careful and proceed to the most difficult process, namely to clean the pan outside and inside with a scraper, knife and aluminum sponge.
And how to clean pots and pans even easier and faster? When the perennial layer of soot softens after boiling, apply a cleaner on the pan that is designed for ovens, for example, “Schumanit” or “Amway”. Amway in this case is preferable because it does not have a pungent odor:
- Put it on the whole pan, put it in a bag.
- Then leave it to infuse for 30 minutes.
- After this, eliminate carbon deposits - it will be slightly easier to do.
Important! Also, find out many useful recipes from the articles:
Pans mechanical cleaning
Mechanical cleaning of pans is a more radical way, with which you can eliminate rust, grease, and a thick layer of soot, extremely quickly and efficiently. To eliminate carbon deposits in a pan, you need a nozzle in the form of a wire brush for metal for a grinder or a drill, as well as a respiratory mask and glasses, sturdy shoes and thick clothes.
to contents ↑
Important! Remember, to do such a cleaning with a grinder must be extremely careful and careful.
How to quickly and effectively clean the pan and pan from soot?
In addition to the above methods, there are other options using available tools. They, too, for one or another utensil can be very effective.
Household 72% soap and glue PVA
This method is suitable for all types of pans. To wash an old frying pan with incredibly complex dirt, for example: multilayered black soot, as well as fat, you can use this effective Soviet recipe:
- Take a large container in which you can boil the pan.
- For 4 liters of boiling water, take ⅓ of grated 72% laundry soap, as well as 1 tbsp. l PVA glue.
- Mix everything, put the pan in the resulting mixture and boil for 30 minutes.
- A black coating that has long adhered to the surface of your pan will easily go away.
Cleaning sludge with soda
This cleaning is suitable for a stainless steel pan.
Important! This method can in no case be used to clean the aluminum pan from grease and other contaminants, because it can darken.
Using baking soda, you can effectively clean the pan inside and out of burnt food, soot and fat:
- If the dirt is not too strong, just rub it with a hard sponge along with soda.
- If the pollution is serious, then boil the dishes in a deep tank, inside which will contain a solution of water and 1 cup of soda.
- Much more effective will be soda ash.
- In addition, for excessively strong pollution, you can add 2-3 tbsp. l table 9% vinegar or ½ bar of household 72% soap.
Cleaning the pan with salt
This method is suitable for an aluminum pan:
- Take a container that is large enough to fit the pan.
- Prepare saturated saline in this container.
- Lower the pan into it, boil everything for 1-1.5 hours.
Important! In no case do not use table salt to clean stainless steel pans, because salt provokes darkening of the metal, and after that its corrosion.
We fight against pollution with table vinegar
In this way, you can clean the pans from stainless steel, as well as aluminum.
Vinegar is an excellent home remedy for eliminating cinder.Before you begin to clean the pan, fill it with ordinary 9% vinegar and let stand for 2-3 hours. Then carry out the usual washing procedure.
You can also boil water in a pan with the addition of ½ cup of vinegar and a half of 72% household soap for 30-60 minutes. Depending on how much your pan is contaminated, the exposure time will vary.
Important! If your kitchen utensils have cracks, chips and scratches, then it makes sense not to waste time cleaning it, because it may be unsafe for your health, but buy a new one. In this case, information from our articles will come in handy:
We use citric acid
With its help, as well as using table vinegar, it is possible to effectively eliminate not only carbon deposits, but also calcareous deposits. Citric acid is suitable for cleaning pans made of aluminum and stainless steel.
To clean a burnt pan:
- Boil a small amount of water in it, a lot of it is not needed, the main thing is that the water covers the burner itself.
- Add 2 tbsp. l citric acid, and then boil the resulting solution for 15 minutes.
- After you have finished boiling, clean the burned bottom in the way that is familiar to you.
Important! If the pan is cleaned regularly, you can easily get rid of thin layers of dirt, and the use of aggressive agents is not necessary. That is why it is better to clean the pan as soon as it cools slightly after use.
If your dishes are new and manufactured using modern technology, read a separate review of suitable methods to clean the non-stick pan inside and out.to contents ↑
Eliminate rust marks
Cleaning cast iron pans quite often involves not only removing carbon deposits, but also traces of rust.
What needs to be done? The algorithm of the work:
- Carry out an ordinary cleaning, which will eliminate the carbon deposits, and also expose areas where there are traces of rust.
- Dry the pan after washing, place for at least 40 minutes in a thoroughly heated oven, at least 120 degrees.
- Remove the preheated pan, grease it, put it back in the oven, this time the temperature is 230 degrees.
- Stand it there for 1 hour. Protect the bottom of the oven with ordinary foil.
- Remove the pan, and when it cools, re-oil it.
By and large, you can carry out this procedure so that the products do not stick and do not burn during the preparation to the bottom.to contents ↑
We hope that you did not regret getting to our site, going to search for the answer to your question, because all the above methods have been tested by more than one generation. And you can clean pots and pans with soda, stationery glue, PVA glue, household soap and other listed means not only effectively, but also more safely than with modern household chemicals.