Detergent container 🥝 how to remove limescale
Often, few people pay attention to the detergent tray in the washing machine, automatically pouring powder into it and filling the air conditioner. However, if you pay attention, often in this container you will find a variety of stains, dirt, fungus and even mold. In this article, we will tell you how to clean the powder tray in the washing machine and rid the laundry of contact with various contaminants.to contents ↑
Why clean the powder container?
For durable and reliable operation, household appliances need careful handling and regular maintenance. For many housewives, the question arises, why clean the powder tray in the washing machine if it is already in constant contact with water and detergents? Despite the fact that the detergent container is not the most significant part of household appliances, its clogging can lead to breakdown of the entire mechanism. To reduce the number of problems, it is necessary to clearly understand all the rules for operating equipment. If you haven’t been puzzled by this until now, maybe it's time to clarifywhere to put powder in the washing machineso that she and things serve longer.
The reasons for this are as follows:
- Quite often you can observe a situation when the washing powder is not completely washed out of the tray and a significant part of it settles on the walls of the container. Often the reason for this may be poor quality detergent or poor water pressure in the plumbing system.
- The walls of the tray specially created for air conditioning are often covered with sticky coating, which is associated with the presence of surface-active substances in its composition. Due to this feature, a slippery film may form on the surface of the laundry and the container. This phenomenon is associated with the fact that the conditioner is poured into the container before washing, but it is washed out from there at the very end of the procedure.
to contents ↑
Important! Do not forget that all dirt and mold formed in the tray will inevitably fall into the drum of the washing machine and come into contact with your laundry. This fact is another indisputable factor in favor of regular cleaning of detergent containers. If you notice that not only the detergent tray is dirty, but also other parts of your appliance that are covered with black spots, immediately follow the link and read all aboutmold in the washing machine - how to get rid.
How to clean the powder container in the washing machine?
Depending on the degree of contamination, you may need the following to clean and wash the powder tray in the washing machine:
- warm water;
- lemon acid;
- kitchen sponge;
- special household chemicals.
to contents ↑
Important! Remember that not only the washing of the tray should be regular. Learn more about how often and which instructions should be followed. washing machine cleaning.
Remove dirt from the tray - the fastest solution
The simplest solution to the question of how to clean the powder container in the washing machine is to thoroughly rinse it under the pressure of hot water from the tap.To do this, you must adhere to the following recommendations:
- Remove the container. To do this is quite simple, because in most models you just have to slightly press the special clips.
- Remove all removable parts. Most often, containers have a removable rinse aid compartment.
- Rinse all components thoroughly so that no traces of detergent remain. This is most conveniently done under a stream of warm water. If any of the stains does not want to be washed, rub it a little with a sponge.
- Replace all structural components.
Important! Do not forget to wipe the inside of the washing machine from where the container was removed with a damp cloth or a kitchen washcloth. Clean both the bottom and top of the structure. Pay particular attention to the water supply and detergent outlets to the drum.
If your equipment is not only dirty, but also began to produce some kind of errors, it's time to diagnose and understand their causes. Read the link about everything popular malfunctions of washing machines and their solutions.to contents ↑
It will help to cope with the pollution in the tray specially developed for these purposes household chemicals, which can be purchased at any household goods store. The most popular and effective means are substances from the following manufacturers:
- Comet - perfectly copes with pollution of any complexity and is able to remove even mold and fungus firmly ingrained in plastic. For best results, dip the tray into the active ingredient overnight.
- Silit is an excellent cleaning agent that will allow you to get rid of the rinse of rinse aid and scale.
- Domestos is a potent chemical that can help remove virtually all contaminants that may form in the tray of the washing machine.
- Dressing duckling is a reliable and proven tool that will cope with the most difficult dirt on plastic.
to contents ↑
Important! When using chemicals, do not forget to use rubber gloves that will protect the skin of your hands from exposure to caustic components.
If you prefer to use only natural cleaning products or if chemicals are not at hand for any reason, then you can use old and proven folk methods.
Method number 1 - Soda:
- Mix baking soda in equal proportions with water and place the resulting mixture on the inside of the tray for a while.
- Use the hard side of the kitchen sponge to remove dirt.
Important! This treatment will help you quickly and effectively get rid of plaque and mold in the container for washing powder.
Method number 2 - Citric acid
This tool can be found in almost every kitchen. It will help not only to get rid of complex pollution, but also to qualitatively rinse the system of tubes through which the powder is delivered to the drum of the washing machine. To clean the washing machine, follow these guidelines:
- Pour citric acid into the powder container.
- Set the temperature of the wash to 60 C.
- Start the idle wash cycle.
Important! In addition to an excellent cleansing effect, citric acid will also give you a pleasant aroma inside the washing machine.
Method number 3 - Vinegar
To clean the powder tray in the washing machine from difficult to remove contaminants, you can use 9% table vinegar:
- Remove the tray from the washing machine.
- Place the structure in an appropriate sized container.
- Pour 1 cup of table vinegar into the bowl.
- Add 1 liter of hot water.
- Let the container stand for 6-8 hours.
- Descale with a kitchen sponge.
to contents ↑
Important! When working with vinegar, use rubber gloves that protect your skin from acid exposure. After cleaning, use a nourishing hand cream that will restore the skin.
In this article, we told you how to clean the powder compartment in a washing machine, and explained why this is necessary. We hope that now your household appliance will be clean and ensure the longevity of the machine.