How to wipe stickers from furniture?
Product labeling is a prerequisite - it is necessary to combat fraud. Whatever you buy, various tags and stickers will appear on the product. And furniture is no exception. After purchasing the product, I really want to get rid of the unnecessary “decoration”, which spoils the whole appearance. But sometimes the stickers hold so tight that removing them becomes a problem. Or, after removal, ugly spots remain and the question arises of how to remove traces of stickers on furniture. Means for dealing with stickers are selected based on what type of sticker it is, as well as what material it is glued to. But first, let's look at general recommendations that are suitable for any occasion. How to wipe stickers from furniture?to contents ↑
- If the sticker is new, its edges are clearly visible, and removing it will not be difficult, especially if it is vinyl.
- If the sticker was removed, then this place can be simply wiped with a soapy solution, then there will be no stains.
- It’s more difficult to remove the old sticker, as the glue hardens. In this case, you need to warm it up. An ordinary hair dryer is suitable for this purpose. Set it to minimum mode, direct it to the sticker, hold for a few minutes. The adhesive base will begin to soften, and the sticker can be easily removed.
- It is easy to get rid of the sticker on the dishes - just hold it under hot water, then remove and wipe it with a sponge or cloth.
- If you removed the sticker, but the adhesive layer remained on the surface, then it can be cleaned with ethyl alcohol, vegetable oil, vinegar, gasoline or acetone. The choice depends on the glue and the surface to be treated.
How to wash a sticker on furniture?
Now on sale there is a large selection of children's stickers with a variety of drawings and children joyfully stick them everywhere. Do not pass this fate and furniture. And the question for parents is how to clean the furniture from the stickers. But there is a small nuance: you need to choose a tool to combat malicious Velcro depending on the material from which your furniture is made.
How can I remove stickers from a polished cabinet? Vegetable oil will help us:
- Put a little oil on the sticker, leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, using a plastic knife or card, pry the sticker and carefully remove it.
- Wash off any remaining oil and glue with soapy water.
- Then wipe the surface dry with a clean cloth.
- After all the manipulations, a special polishing agent can be applied.
Important! If you have an old sticker, then do not heat it with a hairdryer. From this, whitish spots and stains may form on the polished surface.
You can use alcohol, gasoline or white spirit, only with caution so as not to damage the surface. Put the solvent in place with a sticker using a swab, wipe and immediately remove any residue of caustic substance with a napkin.
Such material is more tolerant to temperature changes, tolerates the effects of acetone solvents, but the oil will leave greasy spots on it that cannot be removed.
Therefore, vinegar, alcohol, acetone and other solvents can be used to remove such traces. They can be applied with a swab. Or you can use a spray gun. After processing, the sticker is easily removed.
How to remove stickers from a plastic cabinet without a trace? Malicious Velcro should be removed from such interior items as soon as possible.On plastic, the adhesive film dries very quickly. To do this, do the following:
- Warm the sticker with a hairdryer.
- Remove the Velcro from the surface.
- Wash off any remaining glue with soap and water.
- Wipe the treated area with a dry soft cloth.
Important! Do not attempt to remove sticker stains with alcohol or other solvent. They can remove the top layer of plastic.
How to remove stickers from the mirror?
Often on cabinets, cabinets, hallways there are mirrored and glass inserts. Sticker traces can be removed from them in the following way:
- Soak cotton wool with alcohol and treat the surface where the sticker is glued. Five minutes later, it can easily be removed. Glue residue can be removed with soapy water, dishwashing liquid or window cleaner.
- You can use table vinegar - then you don’t even have to wipe with soapy water, as there will be no stains.
All of the above methods are quite affordable and do not require special expenses. But there are special chemicals that are in hardware stores. They come in the form of aerosols, do not damage the coating and leave no residue.to contents ↑
In order for the furniture to serve you for a long time and please you with its appearance, follow the rules for caring for it. Timely cleaning and stain removal, properly selected means for cleaning interior items will give you excellent results, and your furniture will serve you for many years faithfully.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones