How to dye the fabric green 🥝 paint and dyes for clothes
Are you tired of the shade of your curtains and tulle, the white T-shirt or dress has ceased to please you, because their shade is boring, but you do not want to buy a new one? Is it possible to come up with something? Sure! There is a way out - painting things at home. In this article, we will tell you about how to dye the fabric with green and other natural dyes, as well as how to properly care for the painted thing.to contents ↑
How to dye a white cloth with green and other dyes?
Tulle and curtains are accessories that people who enter your room notice. Fabric curtains can decorate and hopelessly spoil your entire interior.
To paint the curtains in a different color quickly, as well as without any special efforts, is one of the acceptable options for transforming the appearance of the room. By changing the color scheme of clothes for windows, as well as choosing cute little things to match, you can get a new solution for your home or work environment.
DIY painting of tulle and curtains can help you if you don’t have the money, as well as the time to update the interior and repair, and the soul asks for something new. The painting process is very economical in every sense, because:
- significant cash costs are not required for the purchase of dyes;
- It’s not necessary to spend your time waiting, as well as listen to the recommendations of the designer;
- there is no need to go from store to store for a long time in search of new materials;
- there is the possibility of re-staining.
Home conditions are suitable to independently give a window wardrobe a new look. Let's take a step-by-step look at the process of dyeing fabric with green and other equally interesting improvised means. Moreover, this fabric can be both the basis of interior decor, and your clothes.to contents ↑
The process of painting tulle and white t-shirts
Preparation of fabrics for dyeing is a prerequisite during the selection of any of all kinds of dyes. By dyeing only a clean cloth, you can get the desired result. Be sure to wait until the fabric has completely dried after washing, a slightly damp tulle, or a cotton T-shirt will quickly absorb all the coloring pigments into itself.
Important! The color intensity of a fabric product depends on how concentrated the dye is, as well as on time. Therefore, think about how striking the result you want to get before you dye the fabric with green.
If you have chosen this method of staining, in no case do not experiment. It is possible to paint the tulle in a different shade only by strictly following the instructions. The following options are possible:
- Dye the dye in a small container until the dye is completely dissolved, and then pour it into the main volume of water, and then place the tulle.
- Add the coloring matter immediately to the basin or to another container into which you have already poured warm water. Put the product you are painting in the resulting solution.
Important! Quite often, dye manufacturers advise salting water with sodium chloride to obtain a stable color. The proportions of salt, water, as well as dye must be indicated in the instructions.
Good old green
The fabric should be dyed with green paint for those housewives who want to see window curtains or t-shirts in a greenish tint. The method of application is extremely simple:
- Dissolve a small amount of green pharmacy liquid in warm water. Determine the required volume of the medical solution yourself, based on the desired brightness of the final shade. On average, about 5 ml of a diamond solution (1 bottle) is taken per 5 liters of water.
- Stir the entire contents of the container evenly.
- After that, put a damp cloth or a t-shirt there.
- Soak for 20-30 minutes.
Important! It is possible to color the clothes with the green house evenly, without stains, as well as stains, only if you periodically turn the product in containers. The same rule is observed when you decide to change the shade of tulle, curtains, nylon mesh and any other textile.
You need to dye your clothes with green if you want to get green. Everything is logical here. And if you want to give the fabric a soft pink hue, then feel free to take a similar medical solution called “Fukortsin”. It is popularly called “pink green”, as it is similar in its properties, but has a distinctive color.
The entire painting procedure takes a very small amount of time, and the result will surely please you. The principle of coloring is exactly the same as during the use of brilliant green.
Important! If you have potassium permanganate in your home bins, it is an excellent analogue of Fucorcin to dye your fabric. Feel free to use it.
Aromatic coffee and tea
In order to give your window curtains a beige or cream shade, you can use tea leaves or ground coffee. Dyeing the fabric with tea at home is just as easy as with other natural dyes - 2 tsp. tea brewing or coffee is enough to prepare a coloring solution:
- Dip 2 tsp in 1 liter of boiling water. tea brewing or ground coffee.
- Wait for complete dissolution, and then strain.
- After that, put the dyed fabric product in the broth you have prepared.
Important! If the tulle is too large, then increase the proportions of tea or coffee and water.
Beetroot - Natural Dye
This product has excellent coloring properties, and is also able to paint curtains and T-shirts in a different color.
To dye a tulle at home:
- Cut the beets and pour them with alcohol or vodka in the proportion of one bottle per 1 kg of beets.
- Cook the beets until completely softened with the lid closed.
- Strain the juice and dip your item into this strained juice.
- The time for “bathing the fabric” depends on how rich you want to get a shade.
Recommendations for dyeing clothes and tulle:
- The most important and main advice. Before proceeding to the direct dyeing of clothing, weigh the pros and cons. Amateur painting is always a risk.
- Know the composition of the fabric, because the whole result of painting depends on the composition of the canvas:
- if the fabric is natural, for example: cotton, linen, jeans, then as a rule, the painting is excellent;
- if the fabric is mixed, the color will come out a little paler, for example, it will be not blue, but light blue.
- if the fabric is 100% synthetic, there is a very high risk that the fabric will not be dyed at all, because the synthetic fabric drains the paint from cellophane and the product remains exactly the same shade as before dyeing.
Important! Please note that, unfortunately, at the moment there are more frequent cases when the composition that is written on the label does not match the reality.
- Decide on the color. We recommend dyeing in colors that are slightly darker than the original shade of the fabric. For example, blue is best colored in blue or navy blue. Also do not forget to consider the initial shade of the thing. Ideal if it will be close colors.But if you paint white jeans in black, in the end you will get gray or dark gray, but not black at all.
- Only measure the final shade on a thoroughly dried colored item, because wet items are always darker.
- If color is very important to you, color the test piece of fabric, which will be the same in composition, dry and look at the result.
- If you don’t like the shade of the paint you have prepared, do not risk it. In industrial conditions, shades of paints are tested a large number of times, achieving the necessary color. At home, you have only 1 attempt.
- Paint only with gloves. Wear gloves before opening the paint bag if you decide not to use the options we proposed, but an industrial solution. In the case of working with medical solutions, also do not ignore the gloves, so as not to think about how to wipe the brilliant green or potassium permanganate from the skin.
- Paint things according to the instructions that are written on the packaging on the packaging when using industrial dyes.
Tips for dyeing fabric items in an automatic machine
Staining with a washing machine greatly facilitates the entire process of painting, but there are some peculiarities:
- Pour the diluted paint into the drum, and only into it.
- Choose a temperature of 60-80 degrees, according to the type of fabric, as well as the longest cycle, without using pre-soaking.
- After painting, rinse the item separately in a solution of table vinegar.
- After painting, turn on the empty washing machine again in the rinse mode to completely clean it of paint.
- Immediately upon completion of the painting, do not wash white items in the machine.
Proper care of the product upon completion of staining:
- Do not dry clothes in direct sunlight, otherwise the paint will burn out.
- Wash the first 2-3 washings separately from other things.
- During subsequent washings of clothing, after wearing, rinse with a small amount of vinegar.
- Use a powder for colored fabrics, because for white linen, powders contain bleaching agents in their composition.
In this article, we tried to collect all the necessary information that would help you safely and accurately paint any thing at home. Thus, you can repaint anything: cotton wool for crafts, gauze, tulle, etc. We hope you can competently use our various recommendations and dye the fabric with green paint or any other suitable color tool to get the desired shade of your decorative textiles or your favorite thing.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones