The smell of urine how to get rid 🥝 how to clean and wash means
Regardless of the reason for which a persistent smell of urine appeared in the house (for a long time a person lived in the apartment who had health problems or there were pets in the room who didn’t go to their designated place for need), to know how to remove the smell of urine from the wooden floor in this case is extremely necessary. In order to find a solution to this problem, we decided to clarify what it consists of, why it has such a persistent unpleasant odor, and collected the most effective methods on how to eliminate the fetid odor from the floor with affordable means.to contents ↑
What does urine consist of?
- uric acid - has the property of crystallizing, which in turn makes it impossible to dissolve and remove it with ordinary water or simple detergents;
- urea - makes urine sticky, which contributes to rapid adhesion to the floor;
- urochrome - gives a persistent color.
to contents ↑
Important! When dried, urine is decomposed by specific bacteria, and this in turn gives an unpleasant odor of ammonia. Therefore, it is rather difficult to remove the smell of urine, and even more so from a wooden floor, which immediately absorbs moisture.
How to remove the smell of urine?
To remove the smell of urine from a wooden floor with improvised means you need:
- baking soda;
- washing powder;
- laundry soap;
- potassium permanganate;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- vodka or alcohol;
- dishwashing liquid;
- lemon juice or citric acid;
- oxalic acid;
- liquid soap;
- Bleach bleach;
- bleaching powder;
You will also need:
- paper or woven napkins;
- toilet paper;
- absorbent diapers.
to contents ↑
Important! If you process the room with products that contain chlorine, act very carefully and be sure to wear rubber gloves. Since chlorine-based products are extremely toxic.
How to remove the smell of urine?
In order to solve this problem as quickly as possible and not to ask yourself the burning question of how to remove the smell of urine from the floors of a tree, select one of the options below. All of them are equally effective and do not require much cleaning time.
The most effective way to eliminate the smell of urine from a wooden floor:
- Dilute “White” in a bucket of cold water with a proportion of 1:10.
- Wear rubber gloves and a respirator and goggles if possible.
- Wash the floor thoroughly with this solution with a rag that you no longer need.
- Pick up a bucket of clean water.
- Wash the floor with cold water several times.
Important! If the source of the problem is not only the floor, but also the upholstered furniture, be sure to simultaneously clean it. Otherwise, the effectiveness of the results will not be discussed. Read about effective ways how to get rid of the smell of urine on the couch.
Remove the pungent odor of urine, such as cat or dog, with potassium permanganate - it has a very good deodorizing effect. If such a tool is at hand, proceed as follows:
- Dilute potassium permanganate in cold water.
- Add vinegar with a concentration of not more than 4%.
- Wash the floor with the resulting solution.
- Pick up a bucket of cold water.
- Rinse the floor with water until clean.
Important! Instead of vinegar, you can use hydrogen peroxide, iodine solution, lemon juice or citric acid when preparing the solution.
In the event that you are dealing with fresh spots of urine on the floor, immediately do the following:
- Blot with paper towels those places where the animal has done its “black deeds” or fill it with absorbent material.
- Pour table vinegar onto a contaminated area.
- Cover the treated area with paper.
- Leave it until the vinegar is completely dry.
- Trim the baking soda with dirt.
- Take 100 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide, 0.5 tsp. detergent or liquid soap.
- Mix them and place in a spray bottle.
- Add to it water to 200 ml.
- Spray the places sprinkled with soda.
- Leave the applied composition on the floor for 2-3 hours.
- Wash the parquet with a washing vacuum cleaner or a rag that is no longer useful to you.
- Wipe dry the coating and apply a protective polish.
to contents ↑
Important! If you do not take preventative measures, then the problem will arise again and again, in the end - nothing will help your interior, and the smell of stool will be intense and constantly floating in your house. To prevent this from happening, do not postpone this question, but right now find out everything about how to quickly train a cat to a tray.
How to rid the floor of traces of urine?
When you enter a room where a steady, sharp aroma prevails, and you don’t know how to remove the smell of urine from the wooden floor and how to remove the smell from the floor, first of all find the place’s pollution.
Important! In the event that you cannot immediately find them, use an ultraviolet lamp to search for marked places. In this light, they sparkle with yellow light. Mark the detected area with chalk and proceed to remove the unpleasant odor from the urine using the following methods.
- Take vinegar and water.
- Prepare a solution in a proportion of 3 parts water and 1 part vinegar.
- Wash the floor with this solution.
- Then rinse the wood flooring with cold, clean water several times.
Important! When processing the surface with this solution, open the windows, since vinegar has a very strong aroma.
An ordinary laundry soap will help to cope with such a nuisance:
- Take a sponge.
- Moisten it with water and lather well with laundry soap.
- Lather the marked places.
- Give them time to dry.
- Rinse off the soapy places with clean water.
To remove the unpleasant smell of urine from the floor, prepare the following solution:
- Take 1.5l of mineral water.
- Add to it 1 tbsp. vinegar.
- Apply the prepared product with a spray to contaminated places.
- Leave for a while.
- Wipe the wood flooring with a clean, damp, and then dry, rag.
A fairly simple but effective way to combat the corrosive aroma:
- Wash the floor with soap and water.
- Dry with a dry cloth.
- Take vodka and rinse it several times.
Liquid odor “Bos” will help get rid of the smell of urine on the floor:
- Apply concentrate to the parquet.
- Rub a little with a sponge and wait for the reaction.
- Wait for the foam to come off.
- Rinse off with clean water.
To remove the marked spot on the laminate left by the cat, do the following:
- Fill the spot with hydrogen peroxide.
- Fill the treated area with talcum powder.
- Change wet talcum powder several times until the stain dries completely.
to contents ↑
Important! If all else fails, then you will have to perform a more cardinal update of the natural coating. To do this, follow our instructions on the topic. wood scraper.
How to mask the smell of urine?
Remove a very pronounced unpleasant aroma with the help of your own hand-made fragrances that very effectively refresh the room.
- Pour in water.
- Add mint, eucalyptus and cologne to it.
- Place the resulting solution in a spray bottle.
- Treat the mixture with the right places. You need to wash until the odor is completely eliminated.
- Buy a solution of ammonia with anise in a pharmacy.
- Put it in a spray bottle.
- Spray them places with an unpleasant odor.
We hope that our tips have helped you get rid of the unpleasant corrosive smell, and now in your house there are only pleasant aromas and a positive atmosphere!