Vandal-proof wallpapers from cats
- The cat in the house. Problems or joy? How to save the walls
- Why do cats sharpen their claws?
- How to wean a cat from scratching furniture and wallpapers?
- How to interest a cat with a new scratching post?
- What to do so that the cat does not scratch the wallpaper? Cat manicure
- What to do to prevent the cat from tearing wallpaper and furniture? Anti-scratch
- Cat Claw Resistant Wallpaper
- Stock footage
Vandal-proof wallpaper from cats - the dream of almost all owners of purring pets - this is an excellent protection for your walls and wallpapers. A cute fluffy lump grows and begins to show needs, and sharpening claws is one of them. This is laid down by nature at the genetic level, so trying to wean an animal from sharpening its claws is a futile task, this is only possible if you simply remove these cat’s claws. Veterinary clinics provide similar services, but felinologists unanimously argue that this is not worth it if you really love your cat. Removing claws for an animal is pain and stress. Therefore, it is better to find another way out of the situation. In this article, we will talk about the main reasons why a cat fights wallpapers, and also talk about what to do to prevent this from happening.to contents ↑
The cat in the house. Problems or joy? How to save the walls
How to decorate the walls so that the cat could not ruin the walls? Little children, begging a kitten from their mom, think that all that awaits them is rumbling and funny games. An adult, having a pet, should be aware that the cat is daily feeding, cleaning the tray, wool everywhere, broken cups and inverted flower pots, vaccinations and sterilization, diseases and many other “charms”, including scratched furniture, and ragged wallpapers.
But not everything is so sad. First of all, cats, if you love them, are able to neutralize all the negative aspects of their coexistence with humans with their affection and energy. And secondly, now there are a lot of all kinds of devices and life hacks that can make our life easier: special gloves for combing wool, filler for trays, absorbing odor, nail clippers, claws and even anti-vandal wallpapers from cats.to contents ↑
Why do cats sharpen their claws?
Why does a cat pull wallpaper, furniture, and other items that fall under his paw? A cat is, first of all, an animal with instincts and needs, because a person has no doubt that it is necessary to do manicure and pedicure. This is not only for aesthetics, but also for hygiene and convenience. Regarding the cat, the situation is somewhat similar. The cat scratches the wallpaper for several reasons.
- The claws grow and exfoliate, which makes the cat uncomfortable. For the cat's claw family, this is a formidable weapon; it helps to hunt and defend against enemies. And weapons should always be on alert. The cat’s claws grow all the time, but at home the animal does not have the opportunity to use them for their intended purpose. Therefore, they lengthen and begin to exfoliate. When this causes inconvenience to a cat, she searches for something to sharpen them, tries different surfaces. Most often, such “manicure files” are upholstered furniture, carpets or wallpaper.
- On the forelegs are special glands, they are located between the fingertips and secrete a secret. As we know, smell for animals is a peculiar way of transmitting information. The cat, sharpening its claws on the surface, leaves its smell, and thus marks the territory, telling relatives that it is the owner here and should not invade.
- This is a kind of warm-up and gymnastics for the cat. After all, the cat could, without particularly straining, sharpen its claws on the carpet? But no, he needs to stretch upwards in full length, bend his back and work hard on his paws. Thus, the animal kneads muscles and ligaments, and, perhaps, recalls: “how is it to release claws into prey?”.
- Stress relief. Felinologists suggest that cats sharpen their claws during sharpening and deliberately relieve negativity after some unpleasant or frightening situation. Sometimes pets do it just out of boredom.
So, with the nature of this phenomenon figured out. Now no one will have doubts that stripping furniture and wallpaper, the cat does not avenge your untimely cleaned tray, but simply obeys its nature. Next, it is worthwhile to understand the question of what to do so that the cat does not tear at wallpaper and furniture, how to effectively protect its property from the clutches of a fluffy robber. Immediately make a reservation that we do not consider the option to “beat”. This is not humane. In addition, the cat is unlikely to understand why she received a scruff of the neck. This will only lead to the fact that the animal is embittered and will take revenge on you.to contents ↑
How to wean a cat from scratching furniture and wallpapers?
How to wean a cat to tear wallpaper and jump on the walls? To solve this problem, you just need to create the conditions for the cat to realize his instinct in the right place.
You should buy at a pet store or make yourself a stable scratching post, then the cat will leave your interior alone. Although in order to switch fluffy to a new “object”, you need to make an effort:
- To get started, buy or make the right scratching post with your own hands. It is desirable that it be high (not less than the length of the entire cat with legs extended upwards).
- Typically, such devices are entwined with sisal (coarse natural fiber twisted into ropes), if the claw point has the shape of a column. Or fitted with a sisal cloth, if the claw point is in the form of a plank.
- The device must necessarily be stable, otherwise - when it falls, the cat will be scared, and will bypass the claw point. Ideally, it should have wall or floor mounts.
Important! If you love and pamper your pet, then you can purchase a whole complex of columns, shelves, houses, ropes and toys. Elements of this design are covered with sisal. The cat can not only sleep, play or climb up and down, but also sharpen its claws.
If your cat pulls wallpaper and furniture in a certain place, then it’s worth simulating the same surface on a scratching post (glue a piece of the same wallpaper, pulling a cloth on top like on a sofa, and so on) and putting such a scratching post near the place where the cat comes to sharpen claws. When the animal switches to this device, it can be moved gradually to the right place.
If, despite your efforts, the cat pulls the wallpaper and continues to scratch the property with its claws, you need to wean it. How to process the wallpaper so that the cat does not tear them? There is a special spray for cats - they need to sprinkle their favorite place of “hooliganism” (sold in pet stores). Alternatively, vinegar solution or citrus tincture can be used.
Important! In addition to the aroma unpleasant for a cat, the straw sticking to the surface, strips of double-sided tape, foil or a rustling film can also scare away the wallpaper from scratching. Some recommend clapping your hands loudly or splashing water on the cat when it begins to sharpen its claws in an unnecessary place.
There are even special settings with a special spray and motion sensor that help wean the cat from “vandalism”. But it is an expensive pleasure.to contents ↑
How to interest a cat with a new scratching post?
- You should immediately accustom a small kitten not only to the tray, but also to the scratching post, do not let him tear wallpaper and furniture, otherwise it will become a habit.
Important! If you have already taken an adult animal from the previous owner, take its clawfish, to which it is used, otherwise, you risk your furniture.
- Install the device in a conspicuous place; during the game, provoke the cat to cling to its surface with its claws.
- You can simply bring the kitten to the scratching post, gently grab it by the front legs, use your fingers to press the pads to release the claws, and show it what to do.
- In addition, you can hang a tempting toy on top of the installation so that the pet, in trying to get it, scrambles over the surface of the claw point. This should be done 3-4 times a day, unobtrusively, trying to provoke the game by the game.
- Many owners recommend using an additional bait - catnip or valerian.
to contents ↑
Important! When the cat understood what was required of him, and began to sharpen its claws in the right place, encourage him to treat him to treat at first to fix the result.
What to do so that the cat does not scratch the wallpaper? Cat manicure
So that the cat does not tear the wallpaper, that is, he had less need to sharpen the claws, they need to be cut in time:
- If you do not want to do this personally, just take the pet to the groomer - he will do it quickly and inexpensively.
- If you want to do this procedure yourself to save your time and money, then you need to purchase a special tool, as ordinary scissors and wire cutters are not suitable.
- Special nail clippers are sold in the form of scissors of a special shape, nippers or “guillotine”. The tool should be sharp and of high quality so as not to cause the cat any inconvenience.
Important! You should know that not the whole claw can be cut off, but only the tip, since in the middle of the claw there are blood vessels and nerve endings - they cannot be touched.
- If you are engaged in this procedure, sit at the window so that in good light you can see the claw in the lumen.
- The claw is sheared along the edge of the blood vessel at an angle of 45 degrees. With a rigid file or bar, the cut is leveled so that no chipping remains.
Important! Usually it is enough to carry out the procedure once a month. Although this is all individual. If you pay attention to the pigmentation of the claw, the light grow faster than the dark.
- Clipping should be done in a calm environment. You can even not at one time, if the cat does not particularly like it.
- If the animal flatly refuses to sit still, then it can be swaddled in a towel, exposing one paw. If you do not want to suffer, cut the claws of a specialist.
What to do to prevent the cat from tearing wallpaper and furniture? Anti-scratch
There is another answer to the question of what to do so that the cat does not tear the wallpaper. You can buy a newfangled device - special silicone caps. They are worn on each claw and held on them with the help of special glue. Such anti-scratches are sold both on the Internet and in pet stores. They are inexpensive.
How to use silicone caps on claws?
- First you need to clean the claws of dirt with any disinfectant and a cotton pad.
- Next, you need to trim the extra length, 1-2 mm.
Important! It’s not worth zealous, as the cap will not hold well.
- Pressing on the pad when the claw came out, you need to try on the cap. If the length is too big, it can be reduced by cutting off excess from the side of the hole.
- Fix the cap with glue. You need to squeeze a drop of glue into the cap so that it fills it by one third.
Important! To speed up the process, you can pour glue immediately into all caps.
- After that, you need to put on the silicone pad on the claw and squeeze on the sides for 5-10 seconds. The same should be done with the rest of the caps.
Important! Usually “anti-scratches” are worn only on the front paws.
Useful tips for using silicone pads:
- It may happen that the cat will try to gnaw them. Be patient and “anti-scratch”. Replace damaged ones with new ones. Be patient.Over time, she will get used to and will not pay attention to them.
- These silicone caps come in many colors. It is recommended to use them for adult cats (from 6 months and older) that do not go outside and there is a risk that they will spoil furniture and wallpaper or scratch children.
Important! Pets that have the opportunity to walk in the yard do not need to trim their claws or lining. Older animals usually already lose interest in claw sharpening and scratch games.
- The caps should be replaced about once a month. They themselves will begin to fall away when the upper horny layer of the claw comes off.
Cat Claw Resistant Wallpaper
If you are the owner of cats or dogs, you should understand that furniture, wallpaper and fragile things are the most vulnerable places in the apartment. Let's talk about wallpaper more specifically. During repairs, you need to consider that cats can tear wallpaper with claws, large dogs during games or just walking around rooms can pollute wallpaper. If you do not want to re-stick the wallpaper every year, then you can use the following recommendations:
- Wallpapering can only be on the upper half of the wall, and in the lower part (not less than a meter from the floor) use a different type of finish: paint, decorative plaster, artificial stone.
- Vinyl wallpapers are dense and durable. But in order not to attract the attention of your “predator”, the wallpaper should be pasted without flaws, so that not a single junction leaves, not a single edge sticks out.
- Liquid wallpaper is no longer wallpaper, but a kind of decorative plaster. For cats, such a surface is unattractive as a scratching point.
- Special anti-vandal wallpapers. What it is? Such canvases have high density and strength. They can be non-woven for painting, fiberglass (heavy-duty), contract vinyl wallpapers and vinyl wallpapers with lamination. All these species are able to withstand the onslaught of not only animals, young children, but also crowds, for example, in the corridor of the institution. Appearance - worthy, there are many colors and patterns. At a price, they, of course, are more expensive than usual, but after all, repairing walls annually will also cost you a pretty penny. It will be more practical once to spend money on anti-vandal wall coverings from cats and not worry about the integrity of the decor for several years.
Many lovers of “our smaller brothers” are at a loss and are looking for the answer to the question of what to do if the cat is pulling wallpaper on the walls or spoiling other furniture. There are several options for action. The main thing is not to give up, do not beat the pet and look for a suitable answer. In this article you will surely find the best option for yourself and your pet, which will not harm your wallet, nervous system and satisfy all the needs of the “cat”. You can also find anti-claw reviews on the Internet and get your good advice.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones