Bathroom repair sequence
The correct repair sequence in the bathroom is very important, regardless of the complexity of the planned work. Repairing the toilet and the bathroom requires especially careful adherence to the planned order, because if the work stages are not completed in time, there is a risk of spoiling what has already been done. For example, you can not finish the floor and walls, and only then begin to replace the wiring and pipes.
The specificity of repairing a bathroom is in the small size of the room and in the large concentration of various communications and devices. Repair in the toilet and bathroom is less common than in living rooms, but, as a rule, more thoroughly. Experts advise starting the repair of the apartment from the bathroom, as this is often the dirtiest part of the work. It is because of this that an important stage that cannot be neglected is the preparation of a detailed repair plan. We will deal with him in this article.to contents ↑
We make a repair plan
The first thing to do at the planning stage of the repair sequence in the bathroom:
- Decide on the style and design of the future toilet and bathroom, as well as choose a color scheme.
Important! The traditional bathroom is done in pastel colors. The most successful is the option of two shades, for example, olive and green, peach and beige, blue and blue.
- Decide what types of materials you will use in the decoration. Often, plastic panels, tiles, mosaics, porcelain tiles are used to design bathrooms.
- Inspect the plumbing, if necessary, decide on a replacement option.
Important! When buying plumbing fixtures, be sure to make sure they fit.
- Measure the parameters of the room (length, width, height) and calculate the area. Consider the location of plumbing fixtures, as well as other necessary details, and draw a detailed plan. Decide how and where the shower or bath, toilet, sink, heated towel rail, mirror, washing machine will be located.
Important! When planning, it is necessary to take into account that after the walls are plastered, the dimensions of the room can be slightly changed. This should be considered when buying everything you need, and if you are in doubt about the size, then postpone this item until the rough finish is completely ready.
The scale of repair in the bathroom depends on various factors: obsolescence of the finish, the degree of wear of the plumbing and pipes, the desire to update the design of the room. Let's look at the repair procedure in the bathroom, which provides for the replacement of plumbing and electrical communications, plumbing fixtures, as well as redevelopment of the room.
Important! Before proceeding with the redevelopment of the bathroom, for example, to demolish the partition between the toilet and the bathroom, you must obtain permission from the BTI.
An approximate repair procedure in the bathroom is as follows:
- Removing plumbing and removal of all interfering items.
- Dismantling all old coatings and doors.
- Demolition of partitions (if necessary).
- Dismantling wiring and plumbing.
- Leveling the floor.
- Replacement of risers and sewer pipes and water supply.
- Installation of electrical wiring.
- Finishing the ceiling, walls and floor.
- Installation of plumbing fixtures.
- Installation of electrical equipment and doors.
And now we will consider in more detail each of the stages of repair.to contents ↑
Dismantling and cleaning all unnecessary
At the dismantling stage, the following must be done:
- Remove the door with the jamb. It is advisable to carry out this item first of all, since it will be much easier to take out the garbage through the free doorway, as well as bring tools and materials.
Important! If you are not going to change the door, then anyway it is better to remove it from the hinges and remove it so that it does not interfere, and also so as not to damage it.
- Remove and remove the old plumbing. Even if you are not going to change the toilet or sink, it is better to remove and remove them for a while. If you do not have such an opportunity, you should reliably protect them from cracks and chips.
Important! On fragile objects, you can lay a rag, foam or foam and close the top with a film, carefully fixing it with tape.
- Tear down the septum. This is necessary if you want to expand the bathroom or make a combined bathroom.
- Remove old coatings: paint, ceramic tiles, plaster from the floor and walls.
to contents ↑
Important! The tile is easily beaten with a punch.
Alignment of walls and floor
The floor in the bathroom should be even and smooth. There are several ways to do this:
- A bulk floor is a self-leveling screed based on cement or gypsum. It is sold in the form of a dry mixture and is suitable for DIY styling. A properly diluted solution is simply poured on the floor and rolled with a needle roller.
- The use of a plaster mixture based on gypsum and, in addition, a water-repellent mixture.
Important! The waterproofing material should cover not only the floor, but also part of the walls that are near the shower or bath.
- If necessary, after arranging the waterproofing, a concrete screed is made. If there is already a screed, then before the finish facing it is necessary to apply waterproofing mastic and use waterproof glue for the tile.
Walls can be leveled using plaster or sheets of moisture-proof drywall. The latter - has several advantages in comparison with plastered walls, among which the following can be distinguished:
- Drywall is perfect as a tile base.
- When finishing GKL, the work of laying electrical wiring is simplified, since the wires can be hidden in a wall-mounted frame.
Sewerage and water supply
Old pipes must be removed to the riser. Sewer and water risers also need to be replaced at this stage, because then it will be difficult to do so.
Important! To carry out this work, a certain qualification is required, therefore it is better for her to invite a specialist. But the internal wiring of the pipes can be done with your own hands.
The repair sequence in the bathroom at this stage is as follows:
- Give risers the necessary configuration.
- Lay concealed pipe wiring to the water intake points.
- Install a heated towel rail in the bathroom.
- Set filters.
- Install emergency water shutoff taps.
- If necessary, integrate the water heating system.
Useful tips during the repair process:
- The hot water pipe should be placed above the cold pipe.
- With a large number of water intake points, a collector connection system will be more appropriate, which involves bringing a separate pipe to each of the points.
- The paths of water and sewer pipes should be marked directly on the walls.
- The bathroom faucet must be installed 10 cm above the side of the bathtub. The optimum distance between the pipes that go to the mixer is 15 cm.
- Mark the passage of the cold water pipe for the washing machine. In this case, the pipe outlet should be at a distance of 50 cm from the floor.
- Sewer pipes should be angled to drain.
- The risers can be closed using a metal profile box in moisture-resistant plasterboard sheets, which are then plastered.
- Do not forget to make a technical hatch on the box for access to the crane and meters.
In order not to spoil the final finish, the electrical wiring must first be carried out. If you hide the wiring in metal pipes, then in the future you will not have to open the walls to replace it - you can easily and easily pull out the wires.
Due to the fact that the bathroom has high humidity, the wiring must be installed strictly according to certain rules:
- All devices, sockets must be grounded.
- Lamps, switches, cables, sockets must be protected from high temperature, moisture.
- You can connect the lighting system, sockets only after the repair is completely completed.
to contents ↑
Important! You can determine the places of future outlets, carry out the marking of electrical wiring, pipes directly on the walls. Then, along the marked lines, with the help of a punch, strobes are made, into which the cable is then laid.
After completing all the draft work, you can begin finishing the floor, walls, and then the ceiling. For convenience, finishing work is also best done in a certain sequence:
- First ground the walls, the floor, make sure that all surfaces are completely aligned, no pipes, wires are visible anywhere.
- Then lay out the floor tiles. Make sure that there are no voids between the tiles during the laying process. Be sure to clean, carefully rub the seams.
Important! If you intend to install a bathtub with a closing screen, you can not lay the tile on the floor that will be hidden under it to save material.
- After the floor, wall the selected material.
- At the end, tidy the ceiling.
to contents ↑
Important! There are several options to decorate the ceiling, for example, installing a suspended or suspended ceiling, coating with water-based paint, installing plastic panels.
A sink, toilet, bath or shower, bidet, faucets are installed only after the completion of all finishing work. This will help not only to ensure the availability of all surfaces of the room, but also to avoid damage to plumbing.to contents ↑
Installation of doors, electrical equipment, accessories:
- After the installation of plumbing and a washing machine, which requires a free doorway, you can proceed with the installation of doors.
- Now you can safely do the installation of lamps, switches, sockets. In addition, the time has come to take care of ventilation, which is best done by installing a fan in the duct.
- It remains only to hang hooks for towels, mirrors in the bathroom, equip shelves for bath accessories, and also do not forget about the holder for toilet paper.
Repairing a bathroom is not an easy task. It requires certain knowledge, skills, accuracy and patience. To do everything right, you should know the sequence of repairs in the bathroom - only in this way the result will fully meet expectations.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones