Installation of a gas meter in a private house - requirements
Gas equipment for domestic use, designed to account for fuel consumption and installed in the house, has a certain life, depending on the model of the device. Upon its completion, the owner of the house cannot count on obtaining accurate and reliable meter data. In case of untimely replacement, the user will be forced to pay not for the gas actually used by him, but according to the general norms established by law. That is why it is so important to understand such a question as installing a gas meter in a private house - the requirements, the timing of the inspection and replacement of the device.to contents ↑
Why is it so important to choose the right counter?
In a private house there are very important devices that consume household gas, such as a gas water heater, stove and heating. Blue fuel is consumed quite a lot, and since its cost can hardly be called low, it is useful to consider accounting for the raw materials used.
This device will not pay off soon, in about 3-4 years, since it costs quite a lot, and these are not all its shortcomings. They can also include the large dimensions of some models, their noise. Therefore, when choosing a gas meter, it is necessary to take into account all its advantages and disadvantages.
to contents ↑
Important! When signing a document for the gasification of your home, you should pay attention to the recommendations for installing the meter - make sure that it is suitable specifically for your conditions.
Varieties of gas meters
The general criterion for the correct gas flow is the presence of the following characteristics:
- Determination of the maximum flow rate.
- Center distance of joints with horizontal mounting option.
- Temperature mode.
- Size of threaded connection.
- Period of inter-verification measures.
Before you put a gas meter in a private house, you need to choose it and for this you need to know the types of meters and whether it can be installed on the street or only in a house or apartment. There are only four of them:
- Membrane - simple and reliable. These are often German appliances intended for industrial and domestic use. They are distinguished by a favorable price, as well as high accuracy of readings. The disadvantages include dimensions and sensitivity to constant variable loads.
- Rotational - they are not afraid of loads and are characterized by durability, accuracy of indications and high throughput. However, having light weight and small size, such devices are quite expensive.
- Turbine - named by the principle of work. The flow of fuel rotates the turbine, thus fixing the amount of consumption. These are modern models that are created for online transmission of testimonies to the service server. They are not cheap and have not yet received wide distribution.
- Vortex - their main feature is the dependence on electricity. The same can be called a disadvantage of such devices. But the advantages include low sensitivity to pollution and a large range of flow measurement.
to contents ↑
Important! Electric models are easy to configure and use, they do not make noise and do not take up much space.
Gas meter replacement rules
If the gas meter is installed in an individual house owned by a private person and is used for domestic purposes, the obligation to check this equipment in time and replace it rests with the landlord.
Important! It is worth noting that self-replacement or installation of the meter is strictly prohibited, as this violates safety requirements. Installation of gas equipment should be carried out exclusively by a specialist of the necessary qualifications.
When replacing a gas meter, a number of rules must be observed:
- Before carrying out installation work, the specialist must inspect the territory, as well as the gas equipment used in the room.
- The meter must be installed at a distance of at least one meter from the gas equipment itself, i.e. columns and stoves.
- The appliance must be located at a distance of about 3-5 cm from the opposite wall (this will help to avoid corrosion).
- The equipment can be placed in a special cabinet or under a canopy, if the device is located outdoors.
- The room must have natural ventilation.
- The device is mounted above the floor at a distance of 160 cm (if other figures are indicated in the equipment manual, then the specialist will focus on them).
- The installed device must be sealed so that its readings are considered valid.
- There should be no equipment near the appliance that could give off moisture or heat.
to contents ↑
Important! From the day the seal is installed on the meter, payment for gas is carried out on the basis of the actually consumed amount of fuel, and not according to general standards.
The procedure for replacing a gas meter in a private house
As mentioned earlier, only a specialist can install a gas meter in a private house. Such work is carried out by gas companies that have the appropriate license, as well as emergency dispatch services.
The procedure for replacing such a device is the following sequence of actions:
- First you need to submit an application to the organization and conclude an agreement with her for the provision of services.
- Next, you need to wait for the visit of a specialist who will check the gas equipment and make all measurements for the installation of the measuring device.
- Pay the master a pre-agreed amount of money (for installation work, as well as for the meter itself, if you entrusted its purchase to the organization).
- After the installation is completed, you need to get a certificate of work done from the master, a contract for the maintenance of equipment, and also an act on putting the device into operation.
- At the end, you should contact the company that serves your home to establish a seal on the meter.
to contents ↑
Important! The gas meter is sealed within three days from the moment the request is sent to the appropriate organization that provides utility services. If the specialist did not come after this period, the landlord has the right to complain to the authorized authorities.
Documents needed to replace the gas meter
To conclude an agreement with the organization on the provision of gas meter installation services in a private house, the owner of the house must provide some documents:
- Passport of the owner.
- Passport of the accounting device.
- A title document for housing, for example, a contract of sale.
Important! If the applicant is not the owner, you must provide a lease.
- Gasification project for the premises.
- The technical plan of the house.
- An application that can be executed on a form provided by the organization or in free form.
to contents ↑
Important! In addition, when contacting the municipal service to seal the device, the consumer must also provide a passport for new equipment and certificates of completion of installation and commissioning of the meter.
Summing up, we can say that gas meters, like all popular products, have a fairly large assortment.Such a device can be purchased both independently and entrusted to an organization that will subsequently install it, since there are certain rules for installing a gas meter in a private house, which must be followed.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones