Cleaning the sofa with a Karcher steam cleaner
- What is a steam cleaner and how does it work?
- Steam Cleaner Advantages
- What is the difference between steam cleaners?
- What to consider when cleaning the couch with a steam cleaner?
- Which steam cleaner models are the most popular?
- Useful tips for cleaning your sofa with a Karcher steam cleaner
- Stock footage
Our favorite items of upholstered furniture, along with the undoubted advantages of an attractive design and convenience, have a significant drawback: their upholstery gets dirty quite quickly and loses its original form over time, and dust constantly accumulates in fabric folds and indentations. Therefore, such furniture requires not only regular, but also periodically “capital” care, and one of the most effective actions in this direction is to clean the sofa with a steam cleaner Kärcher, karcher. You will learn about the benefits of this procedure from this article.to contents ↑
What is a steam cleaner and how does it work?
A steam cleaner is a household appliance that is used to effectively clean and disinfect virtually any surface: floors, ceramic tiles, windows, doors. The steam cleaner for upholstered furniture is particularly well proven. The principle of its operation is quite simple: in the tank (steam boiler), the water is heated to a boiling point and above, which is supplied to the surface in the form of a strong jet of hot steam through various nozzles of the device. In a separate review on our useful tips portal, we described in detail what can be cleaned with a steam cleaner.to contents ↑
Steam Cleaner Advantages
- Cleans upholstery from dust and dirt.
- Disinfects tissue - removes pathogenic microbes, bacteria, allergens.
- Degreases the surface.
- It does not require the use of chemicals, therefore it is environmentally friendly and harmless to health.
- Leaves no residue of scum and streaks.
- Some types are quite compact and leave a wide space for maneuvers, which allows them to be used even in various inaccessible places.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Universal - replaces several items of household appliances.
Important! There are a lot of steam-powered appliances on the home appliance market. We talked about one of them in detail in our special review. "Steam Mop Vacuum Cleaner".
to contents ↑
What is the difference between steam cleaners?
The main criteria by which steam cleaners can be divided into separate groups are
- size - are divided into compact manual and more dimensional - stationary;
- water tank volume;
- power of electric heaters;
- the presence or absence of adjustment of the steam flow intensity;
- steam pressure - the average indicator ranges from 3 to 4 bar;
- the number of multifunctional nozzles that are included in the kit.
What to consider when cleaning the couch with a steam cleaner?
To achieve maximum results, it is important to pay attention to 3 key points of the process, these are:
- Steam temperature.
- The angle of the nozzle.
Important! The action of water vapor aimed at cleaning surfaces is determined by the combination of its pressure, temperature and speed. Thanks to these indicators, vapor molecules are able to penetrate into the smallest recesses and crevices, effectively cleaning them from most contaminants.
to contents ↑
Which steam cleaner models are the most popular?
In order to organize the cleaning of a sofa or carpets with a steam cleaner and spend a minimum of time and effort on this, you should purchase a model that will conveniently lie in your hand and have a relatively light weight. For these purposes, Kärcher SC series steam cleaners are best suited, such as:
- SC1 is a compact handheld steam cleaner designed for quick cleaning of small surfaces, cleaning seams and recesses.
- SC1.020 is one of the most popular and affordable devices, the set also includes the necessary accessories - a hand nozzle, a cover for it, a terry cloth and more.
- SC2 - a budget option with good technical specifications and a full range of basic functions, surpasses SC1 by about 4 times the time of continuous operation.
- SC3 - heats up in just 30 seconds, you can add water to it without interruption in work, it has a system of protection against scale.
- SC4 - cleaning the sofa with the Kärcher steam cleaner of this model delivers a lot of pleasant moments. It is especially convenient in operation, as it is equipped with a removable tank for refueling and a system for contactless replacement of wipes.
- SC5 is one of the most powerful machines in the series, with the innovative VapoHydro function, thanks to which the most persistent dirt can be removed.
- The SC952 is a lightweight, only 1.2 kg manual steam cleaner for quick cleaning with a round brush included.
Important! In order to choose a suitable model, decide what exactly and how often you will use it. Most of these devices are multifunctional, which makes it possible to use a steam cleaner not only for upholstered furniture, but also for many other surfaces. When buying, consult with the seller - he will help you choose the best option. Before the first use, carefully read the manufacturer's instructions and clearly follow the recommendations contained in it.
If you prefer multifunction devices, you will be interested in our review. vacuum cleaners with steam cleaner.
to contents ↑
Useful tips for cleaning your sofa with a Karcher steam cleaner
- Before you start cleaning the sofa with a steam cleaner, prepare several microfiber rags in advance so that they are always at your fingertips.
- Fill the steam cleaner tank only with clean, preferably pre-filtered water.
- To get started, go with a steam cleaner on an inconspicuous piece of upholstery, look at the result - if the fabric is not damaged, proceed to the main cleaning.
- Treat small areas, then immediately wipe them thoroughly with a microfiber cloth - it absorbs the steam softened dirt.
- If you clean individual contaminants, direct the nozzle at an angle to the surface, as if blowing a stain on a rag.
- Clean the sofa regularly with a steam cleaner to prevent contamination and disinfection. Do not wait until your sofa is completely dark - otherwise it will be very difficult to restore its original appearance.
to contents ↑
Important! How is going cleaning upholstered furniture with a steam cleaneryou can look at video. You will be convinced that this is really a very simple procedure, and the quality of the result can be seen directly during surface treatment.
We hope that this article will convince you of the advantages of dry cleaning a sofa with a steam cleaner, help you decide which model of Kärcher equipment to choose and how to properly apply a steam cleaner for upholstered furniture in practice. Such a device can be cleaned not only upholstered furniture, but also the carpet.