How to use an electric stove 🥝 instructions
Every housewife seeks to please loved ones with delicious borsch or rosy buns. The quality of food depends on the stove. Of course, with the well-known skill, first-class dishes can be prepared on the most familiar gas stove, however, modern hobs provide much more opportunities for this. Fascinated by the convenience and appearance of the new device, the owner of this modern miracle will inevitably encounter the question of how to turn on the electric stove. Now we will discuss this.to contents ↑
What are the plates?
In modern apartments you can see a variety of cooking devices from bosch, lex, electrolux, ariston, electrolux and samsung:
- gas stoves;
- electric stoves with metal hobs;
- electric stoves with vitroceramic burners;
- induction cookers;
- numerous small appliances - toasters, waffle irons, coffee makers, etc.
At the same time, glass-ceramic hobs are becoming increasingly popular. Housewives, especially those who often have to cook a lot, are attracted to:
- safety in comparison with a gas stove;
- heating and cooling rate compared to metal burners;
- ease in management - it is not necessary to twist handles;
- ease of care - any stains can be removed with a flick of the wrist;
- lack of soot when cooking;
- lack of burning odors and overheated fat.
Important! Creating such a slab in itself is amazing. This material was not at all intended to please the cooks. They invented it for ultra-precise astronomical instruments, and only then one German company decided to use it for “smart” devices that can facilitate the life of ordinary consumers.
However, this kitchen miracle has some disadvantages:
- you need to get used to the device, and the first thing to understand is how to turn on the equipment, set the time on the stove;
- while such panels are more expensive than plates with metal rings.
For the manufacture of hobs, special glass is used. Of course, like any glass in the world, it sometimes breaks, but this will require a pressure of at least 2 atmospheres. A jet of water, capable of knocking a person down, carries a quarter less load. So on the stove you can calmly put at least all the pots in the house, having previously filled them with sand - the panel will withstand.
The fall of the cutting board will not harm her either - during the factory tests, this material withstood much more powerful impacts. Of course, it is not worth experimenting, especially since the tests were carried out at the plant using special equipment that allows the panel to be kept in a strictly horizontal position. Therefore, it is better to hang pans and knives not over the stove, but somewhere else.
Do not stand on the panel, even if you need to hang something above it (for example, an air cleaner). For such purposes, a stepladder or, in extreme cases, a sturdy stool is more suitable.
Important! The gas stove should also not be subjected to mechanical stress - this can cause a gas leak and even an explosion.
to contents ↑
Types of hobs
Modern gas stoves, as well as electric stoves with metal hobs, as a rule, are a combination of a panel with hobs and an oven. There are, of course, compact options designed for hiking and summer cottages, but in apartments they are extremely rare.
Before using an electric stove, determine what type it belongs to:
The dependent panel is connected to the oven. She does not have her own control knobs; they are all located on the oven. The ovens are connected to the oven with wires.
An independent panel is controlled without an oven; it has its own “organs”. It can be:
- sensory elements.
Important! An oven to an independent panel can be purchased separately. Only in this case you need to ask the consultant which model of the oven is suitable for your stove - these devices are not always compatible.
What are the heating elements?
Modern glass-ceramic panels use different heating elements:
- corrugated tape;
- halogen lamps.
Differences in the device:
- The spiral appeared at the very moment when the first electric stove. At first, the spirals were open, and in modern stoves - even with glass-ceramic hobs, even with metal ones, they are under the plate.
- In later models, instead of a spiral, corrugated tape began to be used, which turned out to be both more efficient and safer.
- A halogen lamp has a lot of advantages over other heaters - primarily in that the burner heats up faster and cools down just as quickly.
Handles or sensors?
The traditional way to control the stove, of course, is more familiar and understandable. I turned the handle one division - the burner began to warm up slightly, turned again - the temperature becomes higher.
But how to turn on the touch pad? You don’t have to make any efforts at all, the stove starts to work from the lightest touch, and you feel like a sorceress. The element located under the glass responds to any movement.
It could be:
- optical element;
- capacitive element.
In the first case, the element reacts to the reflection of the finger under the infrared ray, in the second - the finger, falling into the sensory zone, changes the parameters of the electrical circuit.
Important! At the same time, it doesn’t matter whether you washed the dishes or fiddled with fat - the burner will respond to greasy or wet hands just like it would to dry and clean hands.
How to turn on the electronic stove and understand that it has warmed up? The first problem that the newly-made owner of the electric stove faces is that the burners need some time to heat up or cool down. A situation arises regularly when you need to start cooking on high heat, and finish on low heat.
If for a gas stove it is enough to simply turn the knob, then the housewives of the electric one have to think about this in advance, that is, it is necessary to accurately calculate the time.
Important! The advantage of the electric stove is that you can finish cooking on the off-burner.
to contents ↑
How to adjust the temperature?
So, this is the first time you start cooking on an electric stove. Regardless of which burners it has and how it is controlled:
- Turn on the stove.
- Heat the burner as much as possible.
- Place a pan of prepared foods on the disc.
Important! Getting used to this order is not so difficult. Turn on the stove, and then begin to process the products - clean, cut and everything else that is required by prescription.
To warm up the dish
If you don’t need to cook anything, and you just want to heat the finished (or let the food stew), proceed as follows:
- Heat the hotplate to maximum temperature.
- Place a pot or pan with a dish on it.
- Turn off the hotplate.
Bring to readiness
Many recipes offer advice to bring the dish to readiness after it has been cooked or stewed over high heat. The burner is hot, it does not make sense to include a second one, but it can be busy. Better to do this:
- Turn off the hotplate.
- Remove the pan for a few minutes.
- Wait for the burner to cool.
- Turn it on and set the thermostat to the minimum or average value.
- Place the pan and continue cooking.
Milk soup and cereals in milk
To prepare dairy dishes, the temperature of the hotplate must be systematically reduced. How to do it?
- Bring the dish to a boil.
- Reset the controller to a lower temperature.
- After a few minutes, reduce the heat again.
Stew, fried mushrooms and the rest
Stew and fry foods usually without adding water. The procedure in this case will be as follows:
- Preheat the disc to red.
- At small, regular intervals, reduce the temperature by one division.
to contents ↑
Important! Different stoves have different levels of heating power. It depends on the manufacturer, that is, the time to reduce the temperature must be calculated independently, dividing the cooking time by the number of levels.
What are the ovens?
Modern ovens come in two types:
- with thermostat;
- without thermostat.
They are cooked in the same way as in gas. But if you cannot determine the temperature “by eye,” try the paper method:
- Put a white sheet on a baking sheet (closer to the middle).
- Take time.
- Wait for the paper to turn brown.
Important! If the leaf turns brown after 3 minutes - the heat is strong, after 10 minutes - weak. To diversify the diet and prepare delicious dishes, it will not be superfluous to immediately figure out after installing the equipment what do the oven icons mean.
- Buns, pies, and casseroles should be cooked at maximum temperature. When half the cooking time has passed, set the minimum heat.
- Use the same rule when extinguishing.
- Put the pan on the middle shelf - in no case on the top.
- But if you are cooking the broth in the oven - put the saucepan on the lower shelf.
to contents ↑
A bit about temperatures
Recipes usually indicate at what temperature it is necessary to cook a particular dish. But if you decide to fantasize a little and come up with something of your own, then consider the temperature at which the buns will bake completely and the meat will not remain half-baked:
- Butter dough - 200 ° С;
- Bakery products 200-250 ° С;
- Stewing and quenching - 250 ° C;
- Salty dough - 190 ° С;
- Beef, pork, lamb, fish - 140-170 ° С.
For cooking on the hob or in the oven, not all dishes are suitable. Surely there are dishes in the house that cannot be used on the hob or in the oven:
- old pots, which were cooked on a gas stove;
- uncoated copper;
- uncoated aluminum;
- cast iron cauldrons
Suitable containers for the oven:
- from simple cast iron;
- cast iron
Important! You can use dishes made of heat-resistant glass, but it takes a very long time to heat up - just like ceramic, however.
What can I cook on the hob?
For cooking on the hob are suitable:
- enameled pots (new);
- stainless steel containers, if the bottom is not corrugated;
- cast-iron vessels, if their bottom is even;
- any cookware labeled “for glass ceramics”.
Important! The size of the bottom of the pan and pan should equal the size of the burner. Allowed difference is not more than 1 cm in one direction or another.
to contents ↑
When using the hob, several more rules must be considered:
- the bottom of the pot or pan should be clean;
- Only dry dishes can be placed on the burner;
- You can only cover pots with their own lids.
to contents ↑
Important! If you decide to buy an electric model, then you need a separate outlet for it, and it should be conveniently located. Read how to install and use it correctly.kitchen apron sockets.
How to turn on the stove?
Regardless of which stove you are going to cook on, you must follow a number of rules. In any case, read the instructions. But it may not be, then first make sure the safety of the device.
Carefully inspect the signs on the front panel - where the handles are:
- Determine which burner each handle controls.
- Find the inlet pipe.
- Open the valve - the handle should stand parallel to the stove.
- Light the burner.
- Place the pot on the burner.
The burner can be ignited;
- using a match;
- special device;
- using the built-in ignition.
How to turn on the stove:
- When manually igniting, light a match, bring it to the burner, with the other hand turn the handle that controls the burner.
- When the gas ignites, quickly remove your hand.
- The lights should be located around the entire circumference.
- If so, adjust the flame.
There are also special lighters for igniting burners - electric or piezo:
- Remove the piezo-lighter from the fuse, and then proceed in the same way as with a match.
- Before you light the burner, plug the electric lighter into a power outlet.
Important! In modern gas stoves, built-in ignition is also found. It is located on the front panel - in the same place as the handles, on the left side. You can find out by marking - a spark is usually painted next to it. To ignite a burner, you must simultaneously press this button and turn the knob. There are also models of stoves with automatic ignition, when the flame appears immediately after turning the knob.
The oven turns on just like a burner, only a match or a lighter must be brought to the openings inside the cabinet, and this must be done quickly.
Important! Do not forget that in any kitchen there should be a high-quality range hood above the stove. We have prepared a detailed review in which you will find useful information about different models and installation rules.electric hoods.
How to turn on the electric stove?
An electric stove, of course, is much more convenient and safer than a gas one. To turn on a regular cooker, inspect the front panel and find the handle that controls the burner you need.
Next to this pen you will find a marking that allows you to understand how much you need to turn it to get heat of a certain power. Zero means that the hotplate is off, followed by the designations from 1 to 3. “Three” - maximum heat.
Important! The touch-sensitive control panel is even easier to turn on, just a touch of the buttons you want.
In the most modern touch-sensitive control panels, switching on and selecting a mode is carried out by simply touching the necessary buttons.
to contents ↑
Important! To make the kitchen cozy and beautiful, so that you do not lose your desire to cook delicious food and experiment with different recipes, use our ideas furniture arrangement.
We hope you quickly figured out how to turn on the electric stove, and adapted to cook on it. So - you will not have under-cooked meat, half-baked buns or coals instead of a delicious dish, and you will be able to appreciate all the advantages of such household appliances.