How to clean stainless steel
Stainless steel is one of the most popular materials for the manufacture of a variety of kitchen utensils. In any home today they use pots, cutlery, sinks, cooker hoods, refrigerators, stoves and other items from this metal. Therefore, from time to time, the question arises: how to clean stainless steel? And this is not at all accidental, because steel dishes are durable, attractive, convenient and very practical to use, and I want to keep these properties for as long as possible.to contents ↑
Why clean the stainless steel?
According to the initial characteristics, stainless steel is very resistant to almost any adverse effect - heat treatment, stains, corrosion. Contributes to this chromium, which is present in the composition of the material and forms a protective film. But, if grease and dirt accumulate on the surface, then the stability properties are significantly reduced, and rust can form on objects, and the wear resistance will be much lower. That is why it is very important to regularly clean stainless steel, observing simple rules.to contents ↑
How to clean stainless steel?
How to wash and then grate stainless dishes at home? Before starting work, be sure to select a suitable cleaning agent for stainless steel, taking into account the degree of contamination of the object or surface.
To clean the stainless steel, experts recommend using the following materials:
- foam sponges and washcloths;
- lemon juice or acid;
- soft kitchen rags;
- dishwashing detergent;
- special cleaners for stainless steel.
How to clean dishes from stainless steel?
So that the entire cleaning process does not take much time, initially select all objects on which dirt has accumulated.
- Sort by purpose - cutlery, pots, pans.
- Sort by degree and type of contamination - grease, burnt food, dust with dirt.
Then proceed directly to the preparation of the most suitable cleaning products for each group of stainless steel items and process them sequentially.
Important! Also learn about how to polish stainless steelso that metal products shone beautifully.
How to clean stainless steel cutlery?
- Method 1 - for small dirt and fat. Use ordinary dish detergent and warm water, but regularly. If you do not leave the cutlery dirty after eating, all fat is removed quickly and easily without extra effort.
- Method 2 - Not very dirty and greasy knives and forks are washed with conventional dishwashing detergents. If it’s good to wash the forks and spoons after each meal and not allow the leftover food to dry on them, then cleaning these tableware is quite simple.
- Method 3 - for heavy pollution. Boiling proved to be more effective. To do this, place the appliances in a pan of a suitable size, fill with water and add ordinary salt or soda. Boil objects over low heat for 15-20 minutes, then rinse them with running water and wipe dry.
- Method 4 - for varying degrees of pollution. Pour warm water into the pan. Add dry mustard.Wait for complete dissolution and clean all objects with this solution. For best results, use a small toothbrush or small kitchen brush for small parts. After completing the cleaning procedure, rinse the instruments with running water.
- Method 5 - folk remedies. Many housewives use ordinary potatoes to peel stainless steel. To do this, peel the tubers, cut them in half and wipe the cutlery. After all plaque and dirt have gone, rinse under running water. The second option is the use of potato broth, in which it is necessary to withstand stainless steel. Cooking it is very simple - you need to boil the potatoes, as for ordinary food, but a little longer to make it saturated. After that, lower it, remove the potatoes themselves and lower the devices into the broth for 15-20 minutes.
- Method 6 - coffee grounds. Many coffee lovers in vain throw away leftovers; they are great for cleaning stainless steel cutlery. Apply a small amount to the foam sponge and wipe the desired items. Finally, rinse them thoroughly to remove any remaining coffee cake.
- Method 7 - for dishwasher owners. Using this equipment you can just as easily, quickly, and besides, without the slightest effort to clean all the dishes from stainless steel. Load them into the car and set the maximum mode. After processing, they will be like new.
How to clean stainless steel pans?
During cooking, 2 problems can occur:
- accumulation of fat after a long time of use and the formation of persistent plaque.
To solve the first problem, do the following:
- Prepare a solution of water and lemon juice in a ratio of 1 cup to 1 tablespoon.
- Wipe thoroughly with this fluid over any dirty places.
- Rinse with running water.
- Wipe dry and polish the pan.
Another option is soda or coffee. Use it this way:
- Wet the sponge slightly.
- Take a small amount.
- Apply to sponge.
- Gently wipe the surface of the pots where greasy spots have formed.
- Rinse with water.
- Leave the pan to dry completely in the open.
Important! Such kitchen utensils are very convenient for cooking absolutely any food, practical, durable, but only on condition that it is of good quality. Check out our rating the best firms of stainless steel pots.
To solve the second problem - remove burnt food from the pan from a stainless steel, do the following:
- Pour salt or crushed activated carbon (any) into the bottom of the pan so that it completely covers the burnt residue.
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash the pan with detergent.
- Rinse with a solution of water with lemon juice.
Important! Fast boiling water at any time of the day will provide you with additional comfort in your home and the opportunity to please yourself with a cup of tonic hot tea or coffee in a matter of seconds, and quickly deal with cooking boiled food. Interested in?
All this is easy to realize! To do this, pick yourself a good one with the help of our tips.stainless steel electric kettle.
How and how to clean a sink or hood from a stainless steel?
To quickly clean the sink or hood from a stainless steel, several products are also used that are convenient to apply:
- Vinegar. Apply the liquid directly to the sponge and wipe the desired surface area with stainless steel. Then wipe with a clean rag with water.
- Lemon juice. Prepare a solution in the ratio of 1 tbsp / 1 cup of warm water. Using this foam rubber, thoroughly clean the sink or stainless steel hood.
- Special cleaners for stainless steel items. Today's range of them is quite diverse, so choosing the right one for efficiency and price will not be a problem.The main condition is to strictly follow the instructions from the manufacturer to get a quality result.
Prevention of persistent pollution - useful tips
Check out a few additional tips for cleaning stainless steel items to help you get them back as quickly as possible and get the job done:to contents ↑
- Never use metal and abrasive sponges, cleaning powders and pastes with sand, chlorides or acid - this can permanently damage the surface of the stainless steel.
- When removing burnt food after applying a cleaning agent, be sure to pause at least 20 minutes. Substances must begin to act and soften the resulting solid, dirty residues. The longer the soaking lasts, the easier it will be to clean the stainless steel.
- When cleaning baking trays, grills, pallets or stoves, remove all parts first. This will make it easier for you to access the surface.
- If possible, clean stainless steel parts immediately after grease or dust. Immediately after the formation of such dirty stains, it is much easier to remove them with a soft sponge, even without special cleaning agents.
- To renew stainless steel cookware and restore its shine, dissolve 5-10 drops of ammonia in 1 liter of water. Wipe the surface with this mixture.
- Always wipe metal dry after using items from stainless steel.
Important! If you have fully appreciated all the advantages of stainless steel, you probably have household appliances made of this metal, and its condition must also be monitored. Be sure to read about what should be the right one.stainless steel fridge care.
Follow these simple rules for the care of stainless steel kitchen items, and you will remain attractive for a long time without much difficulty.