How to wash tiles in the bathroom from plaque?
Tile is the best option for decorating the walls of the bathroom. It is very beautiful and comfortable, but no matter how wonderful it is, it is still dirty, and therefore the question inevitably arises of how to wash the tiles in the bathroom from plaque? This type of pollution does not bypass even the most expensive and unpretentious instances of this finish. That is why information on how to clean the tiles, as well as get rid of unpleasant plaque and white smudges, is very relevant.to contents ↑
Mold and fungus - how to remove?
Cleaning the tiles in the bathroom cannot be limited to just plaque removal. Another common problem is fungus and mold. Let's look at the options for cleaning tiles in the bathroom from mold.
To remove such hazardous contamination, only potent disinfectants must be used. In addition to purchased specialty household chemicals, you can also use the following options.
This requires household steam cleaner, which delivers hot steam under very high pressure and thereby removes fat, fungus and mold, destroying spores and germs.
Using bleach, you can wash the tiles in the bathroom from mold in the same way as you can clean it from plaque. In accordance with the instructions on the packaging, make an aqueous solution and wipe all surfaces with a rag.
Important! When using this product, use protective equipment (gloves, a respirator), since the active substance emits corrosive fumes and is very aggressive on the skin, mucous membranes.
Soda ash useful if very thorough cleaning of the seams is required. Using a powder and a brush, it is necessary to clean all contaminated areas of the tile.
If the usual methods were powerless, then you can resort to using a more radical way. Remove from the seams absolutely all the old grout contaminated and infected with fungi, treat the joints with an antiseptic, and then re-coat them with a fresh mixture.to contents ↑
What is limescale?
Hard water, which contains a very large amount of calcium and magnesium salts, settles on a variety of surfaces, forming a calcareous deposit. In turn, it is completely removed only if acidic substances are used.
If you believe that this kind of plaque will be easy to clean, you are deeply mistaken. From the glass surface, its traces can be removed quickly and without problems, but from the surface of tiles it is not so simple.
Consider really effective methods of cleaning various surfaces from limescale, which are widely used in the bathroom
How to wash limescale from glass and plastic?
The following tools can easily get rid of limescale from glass and plastic surfaces in the bathroom:
- soap solution without any difficulty removes all frivolous deposits;
- and if the pollution is more severe, you must use vinegar and citric acid.
According to the experience of many users, it is known that limescale from glass surfaces, and these are shelves, mirrors and shower partitions, is much easier to clean than plaque on other surfaces.A systematic cleaning, which occurs at least 1 day later, will make you forget about such problems.
Important! Today, on the shelves of supermarkets, as well as ordinary hardware stores, you can easily find all the necessary detergents for the bathroom and any items in it. But be sure to remember that it is necessary to give preference to pasty and cream products, because they are the most sparing and at the same time no less effective during the fight against deposits in the form of limescale.
How to remove lime on tiles and ceramics?
If for a long time you did not care for the tiled coating of the bathroom, then soon it will cease to please you with its brilliance. This is due to the deposition of limescale. In addition to this, black mold appears in the joints between the tiles; you will have to thoroughly clean this mold.
Extermination of limescale using household chemicals
Stores specializing in the sale of a variety of hygiene products, as well as household chemicals, have in their assortment several options for the proper care of tiles.
The basic rules for choosing a suitable product in order to wash the tiles in the bathroom from plaque are as follows:
- The best choice would be if you pay attention to liquid or gel products.
- If you want to use cleaning powders, which are often more effective, then keep in mind that they contain small abrasive particles in their composition. Such a structure can damage the entire surface of the tile.
- If the condition of the tile has reached the point that corrosion or white coating has appeared, be sure to use a cleaning agent based on chlorine. Another huge advantage of this tool is that it can create a disinfecting effect.
- If such a situation occurs that you have a desire to put in order a dirty tile, and there is no special tool at hand, and you do not plan to go to the store, use a glass cleaner. The composition of such funds includes ammonia, which is able to return to a dirty tile its long-lost shine.
What can be used to clean the tiled coating, in addition to household chemicals?
Trends in the modern world are aimed at reducing the use of household cleaning products for home use. This is justified by the fact that household chemicals have a negative impact on the environment, as well as the ecology of the Earth as a whole.
Important! Particularly sensitive people have various allergic reactions to the constituent substances contained in cleaning products, so their use in this situation is strictly contraindicated.
The safest and easiest option for how to wash the tiles in the bathroom from plaque is a soap solution. This universal remedy can be used only if your tile has not yet turned white and receives regular and thorough care.
It is recommended to start the tile washing procedure from the very top and gradually go down. After cleaning with soap and water, wipe the surface dry from bottom to top.
You can clean the tiles in the bathroom at home with vinegar. When using such a tool, the procedure is best performed using a spray gun.
- Pour ordinary table vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Spray vinegar over the entire surface of the tile and brush the tiles. The brush must be soft and natural in color.
Important! You can wash the tiles in this way quite quickly if you use 6% vinegar, but it is better not to use concentrated essence. If there is only 80% vinegar concentrate, be sure to dilute it with clean water in a ratio of 1 to 11.
If the degree of contamination of the tile is a little more than you expected:
- Leave the tile surface moistened with vinegar for a while. During this time, vinegar will penetrate deeper into the thickness of the pollution layer and it will be easier to rinse.
- Wash the tiles with warm and clean water.
- Wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
In order to clean the tile, microfiber cloths are best suited. You can buy them in a special store of household goods.
Important! In no case do not forget about safety measures when working with acid solutions.
Due to the versatility of this substance, most often it is he who is preferred by experienced housewives. Conventional baking soda is best used for glossy tiles where the level of contamination is not too high.
Important! How to determine the degree of pollution? This is quite simple to do: if there are any small smudges or a slight clouding of the tile. But, if the plaque reaches a level when the thickness of the plaque is a millimeter or more, in such cases, soda definitely will not be able to help you with this problem.
If we continue to talk about soda and its properties, it will not be out of place to add that this is one of the few abrasive products that, when applied with a small amount of soap, is completely unable to scratch the surface of the tile. This means that soda will remove the problem very gently and will not spoil the material.
Important! It is good to use baking soda in those cases when the freshly laid tile, which is also expensive, has become dirty and you do not want to scratch it with household chemicals.
How to use soda:
- To start, dilute it with detergent, you can use dishwashing detergents. Another option is to mix it with laundry soap.
- Make a solution of a paste-like consistency, in no case liquid, so that it does not spread.
- Apply the mortar to the tiles in contaminated areas.
- Wait a little, then wipe this place with a sponge.
- Finally, rinse everything with clean water using the same sponge.
- Wipe the tiles dry.
We have offered you several available options for how to wash tiles in the bathroom from plaque. We hope that having tested these means safe for the health of any person, you will take them for your permanent armament and your bathroom will always sparkle with purity and beauty.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones