How to wash crystal 🥝 at home
Although crystal has gone out of fashion nowadays, it undoubtedly looks much richer and more elegant than modern glass products. However, this beauty over time becomes covered with dust, fades, loses its brightness and initial shine, the question arises: how to clean the crystal at home.to contents ↑
What are the features of crystal?
Fine glass is used to produce high-quality beautiful dishes, decorative items; it has increased density, transparency, beautiful ringing, and a multi-color play of color. A chandelier or wall lamp made of crystal gives the interior a solemn ceremonial look, any bouquet in a crystal vase will look much more luxurious.
With all these advantages, crystal care, unlike ordinary glass, has some features and difficulties. In this article, we will provide several effective and safe methods for cleaning crystal products.to contents ↑
How to wash crystal?
Before you begin the process, pay attention to some features of care:
- In order not to form additional streaks from dust, first wipe the surface to be treated with a dry cloth.
- Use only cool water; if the crystal is too cold or too hot, it will grow dull and crack.
- In order to protect crystal objects and not break, cover the bottom of the container in which you will clean the product with a soft towel.
- To avoid scratches on delicate glass, do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Wear cotton gloves and use a lint-free cloth.
- If you clean glasses or glasses on a thin leg, hold the dishes by the bottom.
- After wet cleaning, do not dry the product, but wipe it with a paper towel or a cotton towel.
How to wash crystal?
To clean the crystal at home, depending on the degree of pollution, you will need the following improvised means:
- clean linen gloves;
- microfiber wipes;
- wool rag;
- paper towels;
- detergent (gel);
- glass cleaner Mr. Muscle;
- universal tool "LOC" from Amway;
- sea salt;
- fresh potatoes;
to contents ↑
Important! Read also about how to wash glassware to shine.
How to wash crystal glassware?
It is easy to wash dishes from this glass if you choose the right method and means. Consider the recommendations below, determine the appropriate cleaning method for your subject, prepare your inventory and proceed. If you follow the sequence of actions, the question: how to clean the crystal correctly, will no longer bother you. You can easily cope with this task.
If contamination is slight, use a soap solution:
- Dilute a few drops of detergent in water.
- Wash it.
- Rinse in clear water.
- Wipe with a soft wool rag.
Small dirt can be removed in the following way:
- Wash the crystal in soapy water.
- Mix 2 tbsp. crushed chalk, ¼ tsp blue and 2 tbsp. water.
- Apply the mixture to glass.
- Rub it.
- To avoid blue coating, wipe the flannel until completely dry
Starch helps you remove stains from dust:
- Apply the substance on a velvet cloth.
- Rub the dishes until the stains disappear.
If the dishes require more thorough processing or a greenish bloom from a vase appears, use a solution of vinegar and salt:
- In 1 liter of water add 1 tbsp. vinegar and 0.5 tbsp salt.
- Soak crystal objects for a few minutes.
- Wipe dry.
To remove greenish or brown sediment from the bottom of the vase, you will need sea salt:
- Mix salt and vinegar.
- Pour into the container to be cleaned.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Rinse in slightly warm water.
To clean gilded items:
- Soak for a while in warm water.
- Gently rub, avoiding painted areas.
- Dilute in 1 liter of water 1 tbsp. vinegar, rinse the product.
- Wipe with a cotton or linen cloth.
Important! Do not use chemical detergents with aggressive components to avoid erasing the gilding or pattern.
If it is very dirty, use potato broth - it perfectly removes various types of dirt, including fat:
- Boil the potatoes.
- Drain, cool.
- Place a crystal object in a warm liquid.
- Leave for a while.
- Wash with dishwashing detergent.
- Dry with a cotton towel.
To clean dishes from traces of wine or juice, use baking soda:
- Make a soda solution.
- Soak the crystal for several hours.
- Wash in water with vinegar.
Important! To prevent the crystal from darkening, use a minimum amount of soda and do not rub glass with this substance.
- Cut the tuber into small slices or grate.
- Rub the mass to be cleaned.
- Leave on for a few minutes.
- Make a weak blue solution.
- Rinse the product in it.
- Dry with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove blue smudges.
to contents ↑
Important! When all products look like new, you can put them in the most prominent place as a decoration. Use our ideas tobeautifully arrange the dishes in the sideboard.
How to wash crystal to shine?
It is not enough to simply wash off all dirt and deposits from the surface of such objects. In order for your crystal ware placed on the table to really delight the guests, the glasses and vases from crystal must be additionally processed to make them shine. How to wash crystal in this case - read a few ways below.
Alcohol will help you to shine the dishes:
- Wash the dishware in a way that is convenient for you.
- Wet the cloth with alcohol and rub.
- Wipe with a flannel cloth.
To make the crystal shine, wash it like this:
- Make vinegar solution - for 1 liter of water 2 tbsp. vinegar.
- Rinse clean dishes in it.
- Rub with a woolen cloth.
Returns the original shine to the ammonia product:
- Add 3 parts of ammonia to 3 parts water.
- Leave the item in this solution for a while.
How to care for crystal?
- When storing crystal glassware, place objects separately.
- After you wash the crystal objects, do not insert them into each other - they will crack when removed.
- Do not put hot or cold food in such dishes.
- Crystal cannot be used in the oven and microwave - it contains lead.
How to wash a crystal chandelier?
Not everyone prefers modern lamps made of ordinary painted glass. Many people leave crystal chandeliers when changing designs, and are truly proud of them. But cleaning a crystal chandelier is not an easy task, and it must be done regularly. Otherwise, it will become by no means attractive and the aesthetic effect will be reduced to zero. Learn how to wash a crystal chandelier without removing it, find out below - we offer several effective ways.
If the chandelier is dusty, clean it with the Go Duster brush.Dust carefully so that the pendants do not touch each other. Clean the corrugated surface with a paint brush.
If the pendants on the chandelier are removed, this will greatly simplify the cleaning process. In this case:
- Wash parts in soapy water.
- Rinse with vinegar.
- Hang in place.
Important! Work in cotton gloves so that there are no stains and finger stains.
Method 3to contents ↑
If the chandelier cannot be removed, clean directly on the weight as follows:
- Dampen a lint-free cloth with any suitable cleaning solution or glass cleaner.
- Wipe each link, starting from the top of the lampshade, move in a circle.
- To make the chandelier shine, use the above methods.
- Wet the glove in the solution, wipe each element with your hand.
- If possible, use special tools for processing crystal.
- Do not clean the chandelier with soap - it creates a film on the glass and when heated, the crystal may crack.
- To avoid corrosion of the metal elements of the chandelier, do not leave them in water for a long time, wipe them dry.
- To prevent dust from sticking, use antistatic glass sprays.
Now you know all the subtleties of how to quickly and easily wash the old crystal so that it shines again. We hope our tips will help you not to spend a long time cleaning, but enjoy the beauty of your interior or holiday table.