How to remove paint from glass
Coloring is the most popular way to change the decor of the interior. But after the repair is completed, the question always arises: how to remove the paint from the glass, since it is not possible to completely avoid getting it on the frame or the window itself. This problem is not difficult, especially if you know how to wash paint off the glass and how to do it correctly. In this article, we’ll show you some proven ways to reduce your cleaning time.to contents ↑
How to remove paint from glass?
- white spirit or any alcohol-containing substance;
- gasoline, preferably refined;
- any soap - liquid, household;
- dishwashing detergent;
- nail polish remover;
- wiper of any brand you like.
You will also need cleaning tools:
- stationery knife;
- razor blade;
- lint-free clean soft rags;
- polyethylene film.
How to remove paint from glass?
There are several convenient ways to remove paint from a window. Decide which one is right for you by determining the degree of pollution.
The easiest way to use modern household chemicals. There are a lot of glass cleaning sprays in today's market. Choose an acceptable price and quality for you and act in this way:
- Spray their spray liquid onto the stains.
- Wait a while for the scrubber to dissolve the paint.
- Rinse off with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth.
- If necessary, repeat the procedure until stains and glass shine are completely removed.
If drops of decorative material have not yet had time to freeze on the window to quickly remove paint from the glass, do this:
- Cover the windowsill with plastic wrap or newspapers.
- Prepare a warm soapy concentrated solution from any soap that is at hand or dishwashing detergent.
- Moisten a cotton pad or sponge in the prepared mixture.
- If these are discs - attach them for a while directly to the stains.
- If treating with a sponge, moisten all traces of paint abundantly.
- Wipe until all drops have been removed.
Important! If the repair has already been completed and this is the last step, do the following after washing off the paint:
- Mix water and vinegar.
- Wipe the glass with this solution.
Such a simple procedure will help to avoid the formation of stains and give the surface a shine.
Very quickly and effectively copes with any dirt on the glass, including after repair, ammonia. If you have one, proceed as follows:
- Prepare a solution of 1 liter of water and 1 tbsp. ammonia.
- Dampen a sponge or rag in it.
- Wipe the glass until all dirt is removed.
to contents ↑
Important! This method will also help to gloss the surface and prevent the formation of stains.
How else can I remove paint from glass?
If the previous methods do not suit you, try using one of the options below.
If you are willing to spend time cleaning the window, follow this sequence of actions:
- Moisten glass with warm water.
- Take a dull clerical knife or razor blade.
- Scrape off all the drops of paint alternately, holding the blade at an angle of 40 degrees so as not to scratch the surface.
- Clean the adhering solution to the blade regularly with a clean cloth during the procedure.
- Wash the window with a wiper or ammonia solution to achieve a perfect shine.
- Wet a cotton pad in the substance that you have.
- Apply to the drops of paint on the glass.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Gently wash the softened dye.
- Wipe the surface with a clean, damp, lint-free cloth.
If you are still wondering how to remove acrylic from glass, use a special solvent for this type of material:
- Buy a solvent after consulting with a specialist at a hardware store.
- Apply it with a sponge or spray bottle to the surface.
- Wait for the time indicated in the instructions.
- Remove soft spots with a clean sponge or rag.
- Wash the surface with a gloss and stain remover.
Important! It is advisable to exclude the ingress of such a solvent on the windowsill and frame - often these are aggressive substances that can damage plastic or wood. Therefore, cover them before processing with a film or very carefully apply the purchased product.
If the area of contamination is very large, you will have to act with the use of thermal effects on the paint. In this case, do this:
- Check the condition of the building hair dryer or iron.
- Plug in.
- Set to heating mode.
- Attach a piece of foil to the stained area.
- Direct a stream of hot air or iron this area to warm up a paint.
- Remove the melted paint with a sponge dipped in soapy water.
- Treat the surface with ammonia with water, diluted in a proportion of 1 tbsp. 1 liter to give shine and remove all residues.
- When working with aggressive substances, be sure to protect your skin and respiratory tract - wear gloves, a respirator, and glasses.
- After the paint has been removed from the glass, be sure to ventilate the room so that all unhealthy fumes of chemicals disappear.
We hope, with our tips, you managed to finish cleaning the apartment as soon as possible after repair and remove the paint from the glass. With the following interior updates, try to take preventive measures and prevent its contamination - apply a protective film to the surface or cover with a possibly unnecessary large piece of fabric.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones