How to remove greasy stains from wallpaper
Everyone in the apartment may have greasy spots on the surface of the wallpaper, and most often they appear in the kitchen. How to remove greasy stains from the wallpaper, while not damaging the structure of the material, you will learn from this article. Also here you will learn how to effectively clean your favorite wallpaper from traces of glue. It is only necessary to familiarize yourself with our instructions, arm yourself with the means and tools indicated in it, and proceed safely to business. Our experts have selected the most effective and simple ways, so you will not spend much time, but the result will surely please you.to contents ↑
How to wash oily stains?
Before you clean the wallpaper from greasy stains, you should know their composition. So, paper wallpapers are the most tender. When removing any contaminants from their surface, you must act extremely carefully.
As for the most picky material, those are non-woven and vinyl. The structure of such wallpaper does not allow dirt to be absorbed deep into the material, and the water-repellent effect allows the use of various detergents during cleaning.
So, to remove greasy stains of wallpaper you may need such tools:
- fresh bread;
- toilet paper or dry cloth;
- a piece of chalk;
Do not forget about auxiliary tools. You may find it useful:
- clean rags or sponge.
How to remove greasy stains from the wallpaper?
Armed with the necessary tools and tools, get acquainted with the cleaning technology. Only after that, having chosen the method that suits you, start work.
On a note! The easiest and most affordable way to remove a fresh greasy stain from vinyl and non-woven wallpaper is to wipe the contaminated surface with a damp cloth. If the fat is not rubbed off or you know that it is old, use one of the options below.
Option number 1
Use any detergent. For this:
- Dilute a small amount of concentrate in warm water.
- Dampen the cloth with the resulting solution and wipe the problem area.
On a note! Remember that with excessive zeal, even water-repellent wallpapers can be damaged.
Option number 2
Good and safe from wallpaper removes stains of fat chalk. It contains components that easily absorb such a complex mass and do not harm the surface. Use it like this:
- Grind the chalk into powder and apply to the surface, gently rubbing it into unsightly traces.
- Leave for 3 hours.
- Use a damp cloth to remove any residual dirt and products.
Option number 3
If you have starch, use it. Its properties are very similar to chalk, it also absorbs fat and is easy to use. Follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Dilute the starch with water so that a thick slurry forms.
- Apply the mixture to the desired area and leave for 24 hours.
- After the time has expired, remove the rest of the mixture and stains with a dry soft brush.
How to remove old greasy stains from wallpaper?
If none of the above options helped you, then we are dealing with old and serious pollution. To remove this type of greasy residue, more extreme remedies are suitable. When used correctly, these products will not damage the appearance of the decorative coating.
Method number 1
Use soda. This abrasive detergent is able to remove grease stains from any surface. Use it like this:
- Mix 1 part soda with 3 parts water until gel forms.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe the contamination with this gel until it disappears completely.
- After the procedure, wipe the already clean area with a damp cloth.
Method number 2
Using gasoline, you can also remove greasy stains from the surface of the wallpaper. To use this fluid, follow these instructions:
- Dampen the cloth with gasoline.
- Apply to a grease stain for 10 minutes.
- Observe how gasoline dissolves the stain and fat is absorbed into the tissue.
How to remove old greasy stains from paper wallpaper?
Solution No. 1
How strange it would not sound, but you need a loaf of fresh bread:
- Cut a piece of bread the size of a stain.
- Apply to contamination for a few minutes.
- Repeat the procedure until the greasy mark disappears.
Decision number 2
In this case, you will need an iron and a napkin or toilet paper. They are applied as follows:
- Heat the iron to a temperature when it can still be touched painlessly by hand.
- Attach a piece of paper of your choice to the oily area on the wall.
- Iron with an iron.
- If the stain remains, and the napkin is already greasy, then change it.
- Repeat if necessary.
How to remove glue from the wallpaper?
As for stains from glue, they can be easily removed with ordinary water. The difference is only in the time of exposure to pollution, which of course depends on how long the solution was on the surface of the wallpaper.
Method No. 1
If the glue is fresh and did not even have time to dry, then remove it with a cloth moistened with warm water. The main thing here is not to overdo it, so as not to remove part of the coating with glue. Therefore, gently wipe, but before doing this, squeeze the fabric carefully so that it is moist, not wet.
Method No. 2
If the glue is dried and old, then it will take time. Proceed as follows:
- Using a spray gun, apply warm water to the contaminated area.
- Leave on for 5 minutes. Wait for the glue to soak.
- Wipe clean with a rag until all adhesive residue has been removed.
to contents ↑
On a note! If the glue layer is large, repeat the procedure completely from the first point in several steps. Otherwise - just ruin the decorative material and have to start a full-fledged repair.
As you can see, even from the surface of such a seemingly gentle material, you can safely remove such serious contaminants. It is important only to be careful about the choice of funds, taking into account the particular structure of your wallpaper, act on time and correctly. We hope that our helpful tips helped you quickly solve the problem!
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones